Just not into it

Harry Chappas

I ususally am pretty excited nowadays with camp opening and reading the daily papers rag on the Sox and I get a chuckle and hope Doug Padilla gets fired but now, I just don't know. I have a ticket to the Opener but I am not taking off work or doing anything big other then maybe showing up. I am not sure if failure is finally taking its tool. Mediocrity is no longer good enough or what. I felt that the team last year was the best in the AL and other than getting rid of arguably their best pitcher, they made no moves to help or hurt. Players that failed were rewarded and the team was not made any better nor do I feel other than Colon it will be worse. I am used to the press touting the cubs and this year it is justified but I just do not sense any energy going into this season and hope I am wrong. I view myself as a huge fan that is pained by tough losses and really pumped after big wins. I am not a bandwagon jumper nor do I favor any other team but for the first time ever the White Sox are not really high on my list.

Not sure why I am writing this other then it is depressing to not have the same old feeling of hope that comes with Spring. Ugh.

they made no moves to help or hurt.

we got rid of JM. i'd say that's a move to help, even though i am not completely sold on Oz. and no way in hell was colon best pitcher on our team. the argument i see most on this site for keeping him was the amount of innings he ate up not because he was so good.

and no way in hell was colon best pitcher on our team.

I agree that he wasn't (loaiza) but it's gonna be tough to replace those 242 innings he pitched. Best pitcher or not, he really helped the rotation with that. Now we have to count on Shoey and the 5th Starter to come through.

I'm still into it.

Sox will still contend for the AL Central, mostly because everyone is not that great.

Looking forward to going to a few games, but with the ticket increases I won't be going to very many ( 5 tops, I figure, unless they're in the race in September, then I'll try to go to a few more - YA HEAR ME, JERRY??? THAT'S THE WAY IT WORKS!!!!! )

Baseball is still a great way to spend an afternoon or evening in the summer, better than most other ways I can think of.