Rotoworld's top 10 outfielders

CSF

Link

8. Magglio Ordonez - White Sox - $32

.312/.378/.565, 33 HR, 104 R, 121 RBI, 7 SB in 600 AB

Having speed at the top of the lineup may be one of baseball’s most overrated concepts, but it’s safe to assume that Ordonez would have driven in more than 99 runs last season had he had just average baserunners in front of him.  That’s not a major concern, though.  Ordonez will hit a few more homers this year and he’ll have some better luck, allowing him to finish with at least 110 RBI and possibly quite a few more.  Since he will be eligible for free agency after the season, there is a chance he could be traded in July.  He’s probably a better bet to switch teams at the deadline than Beltran is.

With the glut of good young outfielders in the organization, that remark about Maggs being more likely to be traded than Beltran is probably accurate.

Anderson and Sweeney could both move very quickly through the minor league ranks this season like Jeremy Reed if they hit well.

I really don't think C-Lee is going anywhere this year.  I believe that was the point of signing him long-term.  I'm sure we'll try to move Mags if we are not in the race though.

My fear is if this team does not look like it is going to postseason play, JR will want to dismantle and shoot for 2006 or 2007. We will start trading for "can't miss" prospects.

In that scenario, Frank, Maggs, Jose, E-Lo, Sandy, and others are looking good to some other teams and probably not in our 2006/2007 plans.

My fear is if this team does not look like it is going to postseason play, JR will want to dismantle and shoot for 2006 or 2007. We will start trading for "can't miss" prospects.

In that scenario, Frank, Maggs, Jose, E-Lo, Sandy, and others are looking good to some other teams and probably not in our 2006/2007 plans.

I wouldn't think Jose or Sandy are in our 2006/2007 plans as it is.