Prior to miss some time

DonkeyKongerko

I can't find much on this but ESPN is reporting Prior may miss some time in the early season. Perhaps this Achilles problem is more serious than many first thought. Way to keep abusing your pitchers Dusty, what's the over/under on Kerry Wood's season ending injury?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanb...ll&type=fantasy

who cares.  If he's injured, he's injured.  Its not going to affect the Sox in anyway unless he is in june.

sheez

It's pretty big baseball news when a team may lose their ace for a while. I usually post all sorts of baseball info in Pale Hose Talk including Cubs news. Please do not take offense.

It's pretty big baseball news when a team may lose their ace for a while.  I usually post all sorts of baseball info in Pale Hose Talk including Cubs news.  Please do not take offense.

I agree, I'm usually super busy during the day and often only check soxtalk.com, so I appreciate all the MLB news.

It is going to be hilarious if the Cubs do crash cause all the news people sucking the Cubbie Chubbie will all be crying lol I will be laffing my sick f***ing ass off though hehehe.

This would be the perfect year for the Cubs to suck and for us to take advantage of our underdog-ness. That would be great to shove it in the world's/media everyone's face (lol, haven't won one in over 90 years and I'm being picky.)

I really hope we kick some ass this year! :headbang :bringit

This would be the perfect year for the Cubs to suck and for us to take advantage of our underdog-ness.  That would be great to shove it in the world's/media everyone's face (lol, haven't won one in over 90 years and I'm being picky.)

I really hope we kick some ass this year! :headbang  :bringit

my favorite part is all the cubs fans who dont know jack s*** about baseball and cant even name one guy on the sox or in the majors. all they care about is the cubs and keep telling me that the cubs will win the world series this year without a doubt. then they tell me that the sox have no talent and dont even have a chance. i laugh because were so underestimated and our roster has the potential to really do some damage. if we live up to that potential then all those cubs f***ers will shut up.

Well its the same ol story... When he got SF to the World Series his pitchers were toast. He runs them into the ground. I still don't see why people think Dusty is such a "Great Manager". I think he gets out managed a lot.

2002 World Series

Game 6 - 8 outs from a WS title

Game 7 - toast

2003 NLCS

Game 5 - pwn3d by beckett

game 6 - prior - bartman game

Game 7 - Wood hits homerun -- cubs still lose....

Yeah Dusty is a great manager.

Dusty seems to get guys to suddenly be able to hit (See Lofton, Karros, Grudzielanek, et al.).

But everyone from SF warned Cubs fans that he can't manage a pitching staff to save his life or his team's. That really seemed to show in a Game 6 or Game 7 where Dusty absolutely REFUSED to warm a starter in the pen and went with guys like Dave Veres and Mark Guthrie instead.

Agreed.  If we spent as much time worrying about our own players instead of the Flubbs' maybe we'd be a little better off around here.

agreed -

I am a Sox fan and not an anti-cubs fan

but Jesus Prior is in kind of a special class, too