RIP: They died in Iraq

Texsox

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget the 25k  that Saddam Hussein offered to the families of Homicide bombers.  What was that about him not sponsoring terrorism?

The US sponsors terrorism too. We've done it for 50 years. Get off the moral high horse claiming other countries sponsor terrorism when we do the exact same thing. Doesn't justify Saddam's doing it but don't act like our farts don't stink.

I'll never understand people who have nothing but bad things to say about the US and/or its government, yet continue to live here!

You can live in Canada, they LOVE terrorists! Hamas and Hezbollah openly collect charitable donations in Canada, (Mogen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross)) cannot, they are considered a terror organization!?)

I'm not going to say that the US is a "garden of eden", but it is THE best place in the world in which to live. If it wasn't, I'd want to know what country is better, so that I could live there!

Bottom line...if I go to a Sox game, and they are getting blown out, and it's raining and cold...I leave. If I go to a movie and it sucks, I leave. So if a person lived in a country that they hated, and they could leave it, why wouldn't you leave?

I don't get it.

I'll never understand people who have nothing but bad things to say about the US and/or its government, yet continue to live here!

that can easily be countered by saying you've never had anythong but positive things to say about the Ireal/ and or its government, so why don't you go live there?

PS -- only read the last post of this thread.... i could see It was Nuke & Izzy vs. Apu.... Didn't read a lick of it. ;)

that can easily be countered by saying you've never had anythong but positive things to say about the Ireal/ and or its government, so why don't you go live there?

PS  --  only read the last post of this thread.... i could see It was Nuke & Izzy vs. Apu.... Didn't read a lick of it. ;)

Not true! Israel is not perfect either; I wouldn't live there because it's too dangerous. Too many enemies. Very high inflation rate too.

(I have never even been to Israel.)

I love the USA, with all it's faults, this is my home. I'm not saying, "America...love it or leave it.", but, if you can't find anything to like about it, I don't see why you'd want to live there.

Maybe I should have put that in green.  So we who wear camoflauge are a bunch of liars and your little pussy ass leftist activist groups are saints above reproach huh.  Got it.  I'll never doubt your uninformed opinion again.

Your right Nuke. God placed the US on this planet to kill people when ever and where ever we like, and damn anyone who thinks otherwise. Our miltary is f***ing perfect. Loaded with perfect people, who never lie or make mistakes.

Of course you've been to all these places and witnessed it first hand.

gump.jpg

NUKE...I've had this debate before...Israel = bad, USA = bad, Radical Islamic Terrorists = good!

:usa

Of course kill them all. And to protect Oklahoma we better kill everyone in Michigan. To protect kids we better kill every birthday clown who does contruction

How soon we forget 9/11 and 3/11, and countless homicide bombings, etc.

How soon we forget Oklahoma City. Why do we allow people from Michigan to freely roam this country? You know they are planning another attack. We need a president who will act on this and put a damn fence up along the southern border.

Your right Nuke. God placed the US on this planet to kill people when ever and where ever we like, and damn anyone who thinks otherwise. Our miltary is f***ing perfect. Loaded with perfect people, who never lie or make mistakes. 

Of course you've been to all these places and witnessed it first hand.

gump.jpg

Nobody ever said we were perfect but who are you two to judge us based on the reprehensible actions of a few.

Of course you don't get it. Let me try and explain.

Because that's what makes our country great. Don't like slavery? Work to stop it. Don't like alcohol? Work to abolish it. Think we need better security at airports? Work to improve it. Think we are sending our Troops off to die for someone's vanity or election? Work to stop it. Think we are destroying our resources with pollution? Work to stop it.

Debate is what keeps our country improving. We don't just get in step and swallow whatever Washington says.

No one is going to be 100% happy with any country. Using your logic, don't bother to vote because you will love anything that happens.

I think that these "people" are blowing themselves up, not because of Sharon, but because they are brainwashed from Day 1 to believe that Jews are evil and must be destroyed.

Couple that with the fact that Arafat makes them live in abject poverty, then offers thousands of dollars to the families of homicide bombers.

Add that to the promise of martyrdom...THAT'S why these scumbags blow themselves and innocent people up!!!

I have to agree with I4E in that.

In Arab countries they are teaching now that there were no Arabs on the 9/11 planes. Generations of Arabs are growing up "learning the truth" that Jews committed 9/11 and the US was in on it with them. I would guess similar slanted history is being taught on the other side. With each passing generation, the populations of the middle east grows further and further apart.

Anyone want to guess when they start lobing nukes at each other? At this time I do not believe either side really knows the truth, perhaps no one does.

Nobody ever said we were perfect but who are you two to judge us based on the reprehensible actions of a few.

I agree. I am not judging all US Troops by the actions of a few. You seemingly think US Troops have never made a mistake, never murdered innocents. Civilians die in wars. Sometimes it is unavoidable, sometimes it is a honest mistake, and other times it is murder. The murders must be punished. By punishing those who commit these crimes, we are supporting the men and women of the highest moral code who respect their uniform, respect their flag, and respect their country and all it stands for. If we turn our heads, we are disrespecting the soldiers with integrity who are sickened by these actions.

When we read things like soldiers reporting being raped, we support our Troops by speaking up. Not to disrespect the entire military, just the rapists. When I read suicides are at an all time high, I didn't write all my elected leaders to disrespect the military, just to make certain those Americans and others who volunteered to serve, were getting the best treatment we can offer. If I read reports that US Troops are given orders to commit what seems to be war crimes, I object out of respect for the men and women who do not want to commit these crimes.

And the same applies for the liberals. It's the damn liberals who work hardest to make certain we aren't blowing up people needlessly. Too many people believe support our Troops means send them anywhere to die. I think that's bull s***. When we put 19 year old men and women in s***ty situations, we can expect s***ty results. Our volunteer Army should only face war and the deaths that result from war, as a last resort.

They will as soon as we Americans stop being vigilant about the spread of WMD.

I'm certain I4E will agree we need to stop Israels weapons program along with the Arabs.

How many countries do we need to invade until we feel safe? China? Korea? Russia? France? Israel?

Wow. This got ugly.

Dag yo, I figure its time to chime in with my moderately radical middle ground.

I'm glad Saddam Hussein is no longer in control of Iraq. He was a terrible person who has done terrible things to his own people. That being said, I was against the actions of the United States in its invasion of Iraq last year. Why? Because if we are fighting a war against terror, we gotta hit the real sources. Although there may have been some minor links with terror organizations within Iraq (and most likely without government knowledge), Iran and North Korea - who have no scruples about developing WMD and selling them to the highest bidder are going unpunished. The United States government wasted valuable political capital going into Iraq when it could have been focused on states who traffic in NBC weaponry. Pakistan. North Korea. Iran. Or countries who actively funded terror activities. Saudi Arabia. Indonesia. Yemen. Because of the people involved in the planning of regime change in Iraq, and the ideological positions they took before September 11th, I believe this was not a reaction to the war on terror. If anything, it hampered it. Three different times the Pentagon had a plan to capture/eliminate a major role player in Al-Qaida. They said it was airtight. Senior leadership said no, we need those resources in Iraq. Since then this guy - who's name escapes me atm (Im hungover, k?) - was responsible for the bombings in Shiite cities in Iraq last month responsible for hundreds of lives lost. It's not that we couldn't do both, its that our resources might have been better used if we were more focused.

Al-Qaida claimed responsibility for the last week's Madrid bombing. Every large scale attack that they carry out on our soil, or our allies soil, marks a failure in American policy on the war against terror - and for that matter in its Iraq policy since it was couched on the war against terror.

It just seems that if we wanna win these guys over who want to kill us (and I think the vast majority of them are winnable) we have to be prepared to show both an impressive amount of force and be willing to bomb them with butter and make it clear that their lives are being made better because of us, not in spite of us.

I think we only successfully do the first.

Because that's what makes our country great. Don't like slavery? Work to stop it. Don't like alcohol? Work to abolish it. Think we need better security at airports? Work to improve it. Think we are sending our Troops off to die for someone's vanity or election? Work to stop it. Think we are destroying our resources with pollution? Work to stop it.

Debate is what keeps our country improving. We don't just get in step and swallow whatever Washington says.

No one is going to be 100% happy with any country. Using your logic, don't bother to vote because you will love anything that happens.

100% correct, Tex.

Why is it a patriotic American quality to blindly follow a leader?

This current administration needs to be questioned, and questioned hard. Unfortunately, John Kerry is not the one to do it since he is a Skull & Bones frat brother of Bush.

Apu, I have a question for regarding the following:

Christian fundamentalism here looking to stifle free thinkers with putting creation back in schools, a Constitution amendment codifying their own biases etc.

Does the elimination of creationism in the schools lead to free thinking? It's seems to that allowing it to be considered as an option or possibility would allow for creative debate and more free thinking, not less.

I'm talking about people who are 100% negative about the US! There are some who seemingly find nothing positive to say about it, but enjoy the hell out of our freedoms!

I'm certain I4E will agree we need to stop Israels weapons program along with the Arabs.

How many countries do we need to invade until we feel safe? China? Korea? Russia? France? Israel?

When Israel's security is 100% guaranteed from aggression from its Arab neighbors, ONLY then would I agree that Israel should decrease/end it's weapons programs.

As long as Israel's neighbors are hell-bent on the destruction of Israel, Israel should be allowed to defend herself BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

BTW, why would we ever need to invade Israel to ensure the security of the US? Israel is the only real ally that the US has!!!

100% correct, Tex.

I don't blindly follow our "leader"...I hate George Bush, and would NEVER vote for him. I think he's an imbecile, and has proven himself to be totally unqualified as a leader.

That doesn't mean that I don't support the US troops 100% re. Iraq. Even if there aren't WMDs, Hussein had to go!

100% correct, Tex.

I am still waiting for Sideshow to say one positive thing about the US...he badmouths EVERYTHING, yet lives here, makes his living here, enjoys our freedoms, etc. There must be something here that you appreciate. Enlighten us!

I have to agree with I4E in that.

In Arab countries they are teaching now that there were no Arabs on the 9/11 planes. Generations of Arabs are growing up "learning the truth" that Jews committed 9/11 and the US was in on it with them. I would guess similar slanted history is being taught on the other side. With each passing generation, the populations of the middle east grows further and further apart.

Anyone want to guess when they start lobing nukes at each other? At this time I do not believe either side really knows the truth, perhaps no one does.

Similar slanted history is NOT being taught on the other side, not even close!

I would love to see proof that it is (was)!

:bringit

When Israel's security is 100% guaranteed from aggression from its Arab neighbors, ONLY then would I agree that Israel should decrease/end it's weapons programs.

As long as Israel's neighbors are hell-bent on the destruction of Israel, Israel should be allowed to defend herself BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

BTW, why would we ever need to invade Israel to ensure the security of the US? Israel is the only real ally that the US has!!!

And that will never change? Look at all the countries and dictators we have proped up, sold weapons systems to, and then they turned on us. There is no way to be assured that any country will not turn on the US.