Sox Weekend Games 03

Soxfest

Detroit 3 Times, Tampa Bay , San Diego Padres how are Sox fans supposed to get excited for that. Minn in April, Cubs in July,

Oak in Aug are only 3 real good dates. SF Giants midweek and SD Padres on weekend Sox are big losers on that one. The Sox playing all April Games away and home in cold and having a ton of Home games in April

last few years also hurts overall :angry Attendance. :angry:

You must not have been a member here when I started screaming about that schedule when it was first released -

by the way, don't we have the cubs in June (27, 28, 29) and not July?

In July and August the only weekend series that is good is the one with Oakland.

As far as the rest of your post, it is almost verbatim from what a group of us were b****ing about on Saturday at SoxFest at lunch - glad someone else has discovered that we have been screwed by the schedule makers - that schedule is horrible.

I wonder when they plan the schedule, if they think about things like that. Like I wonder if Bud Selig's Brewers have great opponents on weekends or if he has crappy schedules as well.

You can't make every team happy, but you can at least try. Afterall, we play the Tigers upteen times, why not get the TWins on the weekend a lot more, since those are supposed to be the big rivals fighting for the playoffs. Common sense says you want those in the race playing eachother when more fans can make it to the games.

Detroit 3 Times, Tampa Bay , San Diego Padres how are Sox fans supposed to get excited for that. Minn in April, Cubs in July,

Oak in Aug are only 3 real good dates. SF Giants midweek and SD Padres on weekend Sox are big losers on that one. The Sox playing all April Games away and home in cold and having a ton of Home games in April

last few years also hurts overall :angry Attendance. :angry:

San Diego is a good game catch. TB and Detroit is always fun seeing the Sox beat the crap out of them...its good to me.

I wonder when they plan the schedule, if they think about things like that.  Like I wonder if Bud Selig's Brewers have great opponents on weekends or if he has crappy schedules as well.

You can't make every team happy, but you can at least try.  Afterall, we play the Tigers upteen times, why not get the TWins on the weekend a lot more, since those are supposed to be the big rivals fighting for the playoffs.  Common sense says you want those in the race playing eachother when more fans can make it to the games.

Bud Selig's Brewers are going to suck-ass....so why would they schedule good teams to play them on weekends? That would take away from those teams.

However, I wish we did have more home games against the Twins....it'd be better for the team....and why couldn't we get Boston or New York on a weekend or more than just Oakland from the AL West?

I guess whoever makes the schedules isn't a White Sox fan

Hopefully Detroit busts out and contends....that doesn't sound right at all. Detroit contending? :huh: :D

However, I wish we did have more home games against the Twins....it'd be better for the team....and why couldn't we get Boston or New York on a weekend or more than just Oakland from the AL West?

You are exactly right. You want attendance, you have to have draws, and we should get either the Yanks or BoSox on a weekend, and give us the Twins, not the Tigers on one of those weekends, and then even without another AL West team (which would be nice) our weekend schedule would have been decent rather than suck so bad.

You are exactly right. You want attendance, you have to have draws, and we should get either the Yanks or BoSox on a weekend, and give us the Twins, not the Tigers on one of those weekends, and then even without another AL West team (which would be nice) our weekend schedule would have been decent rather than suck so bad.

you can look at it another way..reguardless of who we play on the weekend if we are condending we should still draw 30K...now that leaves better games for during the week...when in the past 10k on a wed wasnt unheard of...maybe we wont have too many weeked end games with attendance over 35..but maybe we also wont have too many games where attendance is under 20k either

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey i like the oakland weekend here in august... remember whos birthdays that falls on????? were going to be partying hardy that weekend.......... :headbang .... and btw if it were up to me each and every game would be a home game..... then i could just pitch a tent in the lots........lol.......

so many factors play into the schedule - I think I recall reading it is actually made out by some couple who have all the logistics down and been doing it for years - you've got a lot of facors including when some stadiums are in use for non baseball events, balancing holidays, team requests, etc. For example, the Sox never want to open the season at home (weather concerns), as KW was emphatic about at SoxFest, which is why we haven't opened at home in what, a decade or more?

I think we hurt our attendance when we have a schedule like this one. I wonder - pure speculation - if we lost any "ties" for getting a s*** schedule in that we have the boost of the all star game.

Last year's schedule, or any recent years, was not bad in anyway that I can recall. Hell, in 2000 we had Cleveland for Memorial Day which should have packed them in and then we had the worst non-game time weather imaginable which all cleared up at game time but kept the crowds down.

The only good part of the schedule this year is we have Cleveland again on Labor Day weekend and Minnesota on Labor Day, and if memory serves we have had Labor Day weekend games for most if not all of the recent past (at least since 2000), since it seems I spend every Labor Day weekend in Chicago. Does that hurt attendance in that so many people do other things on Labor Day and are not used to September games at Comiskey (oops, US Cellular) meaning anything? Are the Sox trying to get a Labor Day tradition going? It would work for me --

We do not have July 4th this year, nor did we have it last year, but we did in 2001.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey as long as im there opening day.. my birthday, the kids birthdays, and the last game of the season .. .the rest will fall into place and it doesnt matter to me when they happen or who they happen against .. as long as we win......thats all that matters to me........