This is Yahoo's Sox Yankee preview??

Controlled Chaos

Practically the whole dam article is Yankees. :fyou

Chi White Sox (1-1) at NY Yankees (2-2)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Javier Vazquez didn't mind one bit when manager Joe Torre decided to pitch Mike Mussina and Kevin Brown twice before letting him make his first start as a Yankee.

After all, how many 27-year-old right-handers have made their New York debuts on opening day at Yankee Stadium?

``I don't think I'll be able to imagine what it's like until I'm there,'' Vazquez said of getting the nod for the home opener against the Chicago White Sox. ``It's going to be awesome. It's a big deal in New York.''

Torre used Mussina and Brown to open the season in Japan last week, then called on the two again at Tampa Bay on Tuesday and Wednesday, leaving Vazquez with the golden opportunity to start the defending American League champions' first home game of the year.

Vazquez, acquired in the deal that sent Nick Johnson and Juan Rivera to Montreal, stayed in Tampa while the Yankees traveled to Tokyo. He made his last two starts in minor league games, including a six-inning, two-run effort against Philadephia on Friday.

``I'm thrilled,'' said Vazquez, the ace of Montreal's rotation last year with 13 wins and a 3.24 ERA. ``I know that every game (in New York) is big.''

The only other time Vazquez pitched at Yankee Stadium, David Cone tossed a perfect game against the Expos on July 18, 1999. Vazquez is doubtlessly hoping to be the one grabbing headlines this time around.

``The home opener is huge,'' he said. ``I'm happy to have this opportunity.''

After the Devil Rays bombed Mussina for a second straight start Tuesday, Brown again bailed the Yankees out, pitching seven strong innings in a 3-2 victory Wednesday. Alex Rodriguez delivered a game-tying RBI single and converted a 5-5-3 double play to help Mariano Rivera escaped a bases-loaded jam in the ninth, sealing the win.

``That was too close for comfort,'' said Rodriguez, who switched form shortstop to third base after being traded from Texas to New York. ``Everything is new. It's fun, but stressful at times. ... The game on the line with Mariano. I've never practiced that in my life.''

The White Sox bounced back nicely from an opening day disaster in Kansas City, beating the Royals 4-3 on Wednesday. Chicago, which surrendered six runs in the bottom of the ninth in Monday's gut-wrenching 9-7 loss, used homers from Miguel Olivo, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Lee and some much-needed solid relief to hold off the Royals.

The victory was Ozzie Guillen's first as a big league manager, also making him the first Venezuelan-born skipper to earn a victory in the majors.

``We have a lot of political problems in our country, like in a lot of countries,'' Guillen said. ``To help my country, to give something real positive to my country is something I feel good about. I feel proud. I'm pretty sure my country feels real proud right now.''

link to article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=240408110

Thats' great, I'm sure that's what everyone wants to read about the Sox, Ozzie Guillen's first win, and the first win by a Venezuelan manager. The East Coast bias is everywhere. I understand it is the Yankees home opener, but come on, at least talk about the game.

Practically the whole dam article is Yankees.  :fyou

Chi White Sox (1-1) at NY Yankees (2-2)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Javier Vazquez didn't mind one bit when manager Joe Torre decided to pitch Mike Mussina and Kevin Brown twice before letting him make his first start as a Yankee.

After all, how many 27-year-old right-handers have made their New York debuts on opening day at Yankee Stadium?

``I don't think I'll be able to imagine what it's like until I'm there,'' Vazquez said of getting the nod for the home opener against the Chicago White Sox. ``It's going to be awesome. It's a big deal in New York.''

Torre used Mussina and Brown to open the season in Japan last week, then called on the two again at Tampa Bay on Tuesday and Wednesday, leaving Vazquez with the golden opportunity to start the defending American League champions' first home game of the year.

Vazquez, acquired in the deal that sent Nick Johnson and Juan Rivera to Montreal, stayed in Tampa while the Yankees traveled to Tokyo. He made his last two starts in minor league games, including a six-inning, two-run effort against Philadephia on Friday.

``I'm thrilled,'' said Vazquez, the ace of Montreal's rotation last year with 13 wins and a 3.24 ERA. ``I know that every game (in New York) is big.''

The only other time Vazquez pitched at Yankee Stadium, David Cone tossed a perfect game against the Expos on July 18, 1999. Vazquez is doubtlessly hoping to be the one grabbing headlines this time around.

``The home opener is huge,'' he said. ``I'm happy to have this opportunity.''

After the Devil Rays bombed Mussina for a second straight start Tuesday, Brown again bailed the Yankees out, pitching seven strong innings in a 3-2 victory Wednesday. Alex Rodriguez delivered a game-tying RBI single and converted a 5-5-3 double play to help Mariano Rivera escaped a bases-loaded jam in the ninth, sealing the win.

``That was too close for comfort,'' said Rodriguez, who switched form shortstop to third base after being traded from Texas to New York. ``Everything is new. It's fun, but stressful at times. ... The game on the line with Mariano. I've never practiced that in my life.''

The White Sox bounced back nicely from an opening day disaster in Kansas City, beating the Royals 4-3 on Wednesday. Chicago, which surrendered six runs in the bottom of the ninth in Monday's gut-wrenching 9-7 loss, used homers from Miguel Olivo, Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Lee and some much-needed solid relief to hold off the Royals.

The victory was Ozzie Guillen's first as a big league manager, also making him the first Venezuelan-born skipper to earn a victory in the majors.

``We have a lot of political problems in our country, like in a lot of countries,'' Guillen said. ``To help my country, to give something real positive to my country is something I feel good about. I feel proud. I'm pretty sure my country feels real proud right now.''

link to article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=240408110

When the Sox have a buffoon as manager, what else do you expect?

When the Sox have a buffoon as manager, what else do you expect?

How long before you do a 180 degree turn on Guillen, just like you did on Sutter?

About a month or so?

That "C" before your name stands for "Credibility Challenged".