Opening Day for the Cubs

Yes, sadly, Im watching the game. Not because I care about the Cubs, I'm actually interested in watching a couple of players on the Pirates - Mainly Kris Benson, I'm interested in seeing him pitch. I also like their SS Wilson, and the catcher Jason Kendall. I hope Benson dominates today.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sadly, Im watching the game.  Not because I care about the Cubs, I'm actually interested in watching a couple of players on the Pirates - Mainly Kris Benson, I'm interested in seeing him pitch.  I also like their SS Wilson, and the catcher Jason Kendall.  I hope Benson dominates today.

I am definately a Pirate fan today! :headbang

Bases loaded, 1 out in the top of the second for the Pirates, as Maddux walks the pitcher, who was trying to bunt, showing the bunt before the pitch was even thrown. It should be 3-0 right now, Maddux got lucky that the wind is blowing in or else he would have given up a homer to Kendall.

Sac fly, 1-0 Pirates! Gapper Double! WOOH! 2-0, Wilson Double!

All the pathetic Cub fans, half not even watching the game, just talking, the other half paying attention with a gloomy look, and then theres a good portion of fans with their "Welcome Home Maddux!" signs. LOL, Maddux almost hits Mondesi in the head!

WOOH! KENDALL STEALS SECOND, THE BALL GOES INTO LEFT FIELD, KENDALL GOES TO THIRD AND GOES HOME AND BEATS THE THROW! 5-0 PIRATES!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

I like MO, there is no catcher coming here.

Ditto here. Why would you want a guy who carries a loaded contract and is getting old from a guy who has a staller arm, is going to get better, and is probably a future all star? Also who is getting paid 3 times as less as Kendall. The only Buc I could see us getting is Benson, if not Kip Wells if the pirates are in last place at the deadline, but that might not happen.

Ditto here. Why would you want a guy who carries a loaded contract and is getting old from a guy who has a staller arm, is going to get better, and is probably a future all star? Also who is getting paid 3 times as less as Kendall. The only Buc I could see us getting is Benson, if not Kip Wells if the pirates are in last place at the deadline, but that might not happen.

Yeah, I hope we get Kipper back, but I wouldn't be against getting Benson. Benson would be our fourth or fifth starter, so he'd have a lot of pressure taken off. He also has some nice stuff - he's got a pretty good slider, a nice pitch that runs away from lefties (two-seamer?). Does he have a change?

Tom Goodwin blows.