White Sox Three Strike Trivia Game (need contestants)

BridgeportHeather

Ok guys. It’s the offseason now, and we’d like to keep this board hopping, so we must think of ways to keep ourselves engaged in activity here. After talking with Jason online, I have decided to be in charge of the SoxNet Games department. Jason has agreed to create a board just for these games so they don’t interfere with what’s going on at other boards. I will be moderating over these games so that they are carried out in respectable form. What I am going to do is try to provide you as posters with some fun games to play over the offseason that are Sox-related, as to keep our minds on the Sox though it is the offseason. I hope that you all will play along!

The first game is going to start right after the playoffs are over. I call it the “Three Strikes White Sox Trivia” game. We will be playing it in tournament-style. I am going to need 16 posters to play along with this game, so the first 16 to sign up will be the ones to play along. I will randomly pick opponent pairs after all 16 spots are full, as well as who gets to go first. After the baseball playoffs are over, I will create threads for each of the pairs of opponents in the newly-created Games board so that each match won’t be interfered with by another match. After the first round is fully complete, we will start the second round. The winner of the tournament will be deemed the champion! Read these rules to this tournament, and ask any questions if you have any.

Three Strikes Sox Trivia Game

Object of the game: The object of this game is to strike out your opponent before he or she strikes you out! Just how do you give strikes to your opponent? Your opponent receives strikes whenever he or she is stumped by a White Sox trivia question of which you have asked.

How to play the game: This game consists of rounds. Each round follows in this fashion:

Each round begins as the person who is picked to go first (Person A) asks his or her opponent (Person B) a White Sox trivia question. Person B must answer the question within one day. If Person B gets it wrong OR does not answer it within the day, Person B receives a strike. This process is repeated, except Person B is the one asking the White Sox trivia question, and Person A is the one to answer the question. If Person A cannot answer the question OR does not answer it within a day, Person A receives a strike. The round is complete at this time.

This game cannot end in the middle of a round, so it might take a while, but we’ve got time, so it’s ok (heated matches are always fun). If Person B receives his or her third strike in a round, the game can still continue if Person B is able to give Person A a strike by stumping him or her in that same round.

If the score is tied at 3 strikes a piece at the end of a round, the game goes to sudden death! In sudden death, you win the game if you can stump your opponent, but he or she cannot stump you, using the same format as in every other round in the game.

Once you win, it is important for the loser to congratulate the winner and the winner to gracefully accept his or her place in the next round. The thread will be closed once your particular game is over, and I will be creating new game threads for the next round once both opponents are ready to begin their second round match.

Amendment 1: If an outsider points out that there is faulty information and can get another outsider to verefy such finding, the person who gave the faulty information receives a strike. This will reduce the chance of having faulty information given.

So, who's in?

I know I am

1. HeatherTheRedbird

2. sideshowapu

3. bjmarte

4. Chisoxfn

5. Jjav829

6. greg775

7. Murcielago

8. GASHWOUND

9. Mathew

10. doubleM23

11. Cub Killa

12. hotsoxchick1

13. DonkeyKongerko

14. zach23

15. Mr. Showtime

16. RedPinStripes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird

Three Strikes Sox Trivia Game

Object of the game:  The object of this game is to strike out your opponent before he or she strikes you out!  Just how do you give strikes to your opponent?  Your opponent receives strikes whenever he or she is stumped by a White Sox trivia question of which you have asked.

How to play the game:  This game consists of rounds.  Each round follows in this fashion:

Each round begins as the person who is picked to go first (Person A) asks his or her opponent (Person B) a White Sox trivia question.  Person B must answer the question within one day.  If Person B gets it wrong OR does not answer it within the day, Person B receives a strike.  This process is repeated, except Person B is the one asking the White Sox trivia question, and Person A is the one to answer the question.  If Person A cannot answer the question OR does not answer it within a day, Person A receives a strike.  The round is complete at this time.

This game cannot end in the middle of a round, so it might take a while, but we’ve got time, so it’s ok (heated matches are always fun).  If Person B receives his or her third strike in a round, the game can still continue if Person B is able to give Person A a strike by stumping him or her in that same round.

If the score is tied at 3 strikes a piece at the end of a round, the game goes to sudden death!  In sudden death, you win the game if you can stump your opponent, but he or she cannot stump you, using the same format as in every other round in the game.

Once you win, it is important for the loser to congratulate the winner and the winner to gracefully accept his or her place in the next round.  The thread will be closed once your particular game is over, and I will be creating new game threads for the next round once both opponents are ready to begin their second round match.

So, who's in?

I know I am

1.  HeatherTheRedbird

2.  sideshowapu

Huh?:o

Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I'd love to, but I suck balls at trivia & after November I probably wont be posting very much for a while.

Oh no..Sox trivia!! Sheesh, my baseball trivia knowledge is non-existence

The only trivia I would ace is a certain TV show that airs on Tuesdays which I will not mention cause I would prolly be laughed off the boards:D

But will participate..

Originally posted by greg775

I would like to play also, but I am on the road a lot during Kansas University basketball season covering the team, so I might screw it up if I'm out of town 2-3 days in a row.

As a member of the student athletic fan club here at ISU known as Red Rage, I can empathise with those who are constantly going on road trips with their college basketball teams. In situations like this, if your opponent agrees on it, there will be some sort of leniency there.

C'mon everyone else! Step up to the plate! This'll be fun!

Are you going to be supervising the questions or are we just relying on trust. I mean say the question is "What White Sox pitcher won 19 games in the 2002 season?" and the person doesn't know so they guess Mark Buehrle. What prevents me from saying No thats wrong, if the person doesnt know for sure. Obviously everyone knows that answer but you get the idea, that if its a tough question that the other person doesn't know, and they guess, what prevents the person from lying about the answer being incorrect?

I'm going to answer this for Heather or at least attempt to. I think that all the other people in the contest as well as lurkers or posters that may not have the time or whatever to answer the contest will all be reading and looking and they may end up filling in the right answer if someone ends up giving falty info.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'm going to answer this for Heather or at least attempt to.  I think that all the other people in the contest as well as lurkers or posters that may not have the time or whatever to answer the contest will all be reading and looking and they may end up filling in the right answer if someone ends up giving falty info.

Well put!

And to reduce the likeliness of faultiness, I am adding this ammendment to the rules:

If an outsider points out that there is faulty information and can get another outsider to verefy such finding, the person who gave the faulty information receives a strike.