Rogers Offered Contract!

WinningUgly2003

I'm pretty comfortable with either Rauch or Rogers, but I like having more arms, like about 14 pitchers who could pitch in the majors.  You will use at least that many either way no doubt.  As a side question though who do you all think is better right now Wright or Rogers?  I'm not talking rotation wise or righty lefty whatnot, just who do you think is better?

Wright. I really liked what I saw from him last season. He may be my favorite in terms of potential. He is a huge guy that can throw a ton of innings and I think he's going to turn into a serious workhorse. I also think he's got tremendous stuff.

What I like about him and Wright is they have proven they can shut down the best teams in baseball. As long as you can do that, you know they got it, they just need to learn consistency and I think we started seeing that the 2nd half last year and they only got better as the season went on and that should continue for a while.

I'm pretty comfortable with either Rauch or Rogers, but I like having more arms, like about 14 pitchers who could pitch in the majors.  You will use at least that many either way no doubt.  As a side question though who do you all think is better right now Wright or Rogers?  I'm not talking rotation wise or righty lefty whatnot, just who do you think is better?

Wright. I really liked what I saw from him last season. He may be my favorite in terms of potential. He is a huge guy that can throw a ton of innings and I think he's going to turn into a serious workhorse. I also think he's got tremendous stuff.

What I like about him and Wright is they have proven they can shut down the best teams in baseball. As long as you can do that, you know they got it, they just need to learn consistency and I think we started seeing that the 2nd half last year and they only got better as the season went on and that should continue for a while.

i think rogers is better right now because of experience..but i agree with you on wright..i think he has the best upside of any of our pitchers..he could put up bartolo colon type number soon...look how far he has come from a 2-14 senior year in college..wasnt that just like 3 years ago???

The Sox's dont have room for Rauch in the pen(both JM and KW are very clear on only having 11 pitchers), unless you cut one of these guys: Glover, White, Wunch or Gordon.

why not porzio?

Porzio is not part of the equation. The other guys in the pen are Koch and Marte.

The Sox's dont have room for Rauch in the pen(both JM and KW are very clear on only having 11 pitchers), unless you cut one of these guys: Glover, White, Wunch or Gordon.

why not porzio?

Porzio is not part of the equation. The other guys in the pen are Koch and Marte.

the only real shot porzio has is if we trade wunch, he just sux in ST and porzio take shis spot, or if a lefty gets hurt...even then porzio will have to o utpitch munoz who 's stock is rising bigtime...

as a starter he's got loiaza , raunch and stewart ahead of him..maybe even glover...

Rogers will probably sign with someone else for more money... I don't think that the Sox are that much of a contender to him that he's willing to only play for a million bucks. However, if the incentives are easily achievable, and he does feel that the sox have a good chance of bringing him a ring, he'll end up in black pin stripes. Rauch will go to AAA to start the season, and with an injury he will be the first to be called up. Rauch could use a bit more seasoning, but if Rogers isn't signed, he belongs in the Sox rotation.

The thing I keep reading everwhere is that Loiza is the front runner for the 5th slot as of right now, not Rauch.

With that being said, we better get Rogers. I keep thinking and assuming we'd go with Rauch, but according to both the trib and sun times, the Loiza is the frontrunner.

I think Rogers signs, I got a good feeling he announces it between tomorrow and Friday. I needed a nice cushion on my prediction.