Question for anyone with millitary knowledge

supernuke

Can anyone give me an idea of how often US sodiers stationed in the US get moved around and how does it work for their families. Any info anyone can provide would be great.

Nuke_Cleveland logs in from Korea, he should be able to help you.

Can anyone give me an idea of how often US sodiers stationed in the US get moved around and how does it work for their families. Any info anyone can provide would be great.

Normally the average soldier stays at one post for 2-3 years before he gets orders somewhere else. There is a really big push on, however, to keep soldiers at one post a lot longer like 6-7 years now.

As for families, when a soldier moves his family usually goes with unless he/she is being sent to S. Korea. What happens is the base takes care of moving all their stuff unless he decides to take care of it himself & any other moving related expenses are re-imbursed in full when he gets to his gaining unit.

f***, well thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because my ex is planing on marrying a millitary man and moving to Seattle with my son, which is a hell of a distance from me right now and I am trying to figure out how to still be near my son. I guess it's not going to be easy.

f***, well thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because my ex is planing on marrying a millitary man and moving to Seattle with my son, which is a hell of a distance from me right now and I am trying to figure out how to still be near my son. I guess it's not going to be easy.

Whoa, check with an attorney. Did your agreement allow her to move your son? Usually there are restrictions. I obviously do not know the details, but I wouldn't let my son move that far away without some very good reasons. And an ex geting married doesn't cut it.

Unfortunatly we never had a legal agreement, it never seemed necessary until now. But I will definately be talking to a lawyer. Right now I am just trying to figure out all of the possible scenarios and what is best for my son.

From what I have seen a lot will depend on how much you have been seeing him before this. You can't ride in at the last moment and expect the courts to help. But if you have been seeing him regularly, paying child support or equivelent, you may have some standing.

Have you met the new husband?

I am glad to hear you state that you are looking for your son's best interest. Too often when elephants fight, the grass gets trampled.

Good luck

From what I have seen a lot will depend on how much you have been seeing him before this. You can't ride in at the last moment and expect the courts to help. But if you have been seeing him regularly, paying child support or equivelent, you may have some standing.

Have you met the new husband?

I am glad to hear you state that you are looking for your son's best interest. Too often when elephants fight, the grass gets trampled.

Good luck

Thank you for the well wishes. I do see him regularly and I do pay support so I hope that ends up meaning something. I have not met the new husband yet which is another big cause for concern right now.

IMO.. no way to letting her take your son out of state. You're his father. He needs you. No amount of "visitation" can make up for it.

Thanks for the support, worst part is it won't be just out of State it will be out of Country since I am in Canada. I am just so confused right now I don't know what to do and what is right all I know is that I don't want to lose my son and I can't see any way that visitation could even work with 1600 miles separating us and a round trip flight costing $600.

Thanks for the support, worst part is it won't be just out of State it will be out of Country since I am in Canada. I am just so confused right now I don't know what to do and what is right all I know is that I don't want to lose my son and I can't see any way that visitation could even work with 1600 miles separating us and a round trip flight costing $600.

The burden of cost should be on her. She's leaving. AT least that is how the courts here usually decide.

Canada is way more family oriented than the US when it comes to custody matters. I'll PM you since this is personal stuff.. but my thoughts are that no way she takes that child out of the country - I wouldn't let her move to another providence as a matter of fact!