Why are you a Sox fan?

wsbaseball

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't remember why.  I didn't really like baseball or any other pro sports til about 1993.  It's not like anyone around here was a White Sox fan, but I remember how sorry the Red Sox were, not anything I wanted to attach myself to.

Back then Frank and Griffey dominated the landscape as far as superstars. Everyone else seemed to like Griffey more, but I liked Frank because he wasn't trying to please anyone, he was just this enormous guy who went out and hit the crap out of the ball. It was probably a combination of him, the cool uniforms, and using them in video games all the time.

Wow. My story is almost exactly like that. Just change Red Sox to Mariners, and 1993 to 1997, and there you go. I loved the uniform colors, Frank (for the first year I thought I was a Frank fan first, Sox fan second, meaning if he were a Royal, they would be my team. That is no longer the case), and becasue of the colors, I picked them for the video games.

Also, when Angels in the Outfield came out, and the Sox were the "bad guys" in the last game, I liked that.

When I think about it, I'm not even sure how I knew who Frank was.

i became a sox fan just to spite my whole family which are cubs fans..... dad used to take us all out to the cubs game and i would wear my sox hat their.... but i really didnt watch them much back then... Now i do everyday i get a chance  :fthecubs

Great story, awesome pride.

You said:

i became a sox fan just to spite my whole family which are cubs fans..... dad used to take us all out to the cubs game and i would wear my sox hat their.... but i really didnt watch them much back then... Now i do everyday i get a chance

Are ya joking?

Why didn't you like your family?

I don't get the story.

no i dont hate my family but they all like the cubs so i chose the white sox..... and like i said earlier i really didnt watch them 2 much until last year and ever since i watch like every game now..... and its fun to make fun of sammy sosa :D so before i just rooted for em for the hell of it now i do it because i love them

i became a sox fan just to spite my whole family which are cubs fans..... dad used to take us all out to the cubs game and i would wear my sox hat their.... but i really didnt watch them much back then... Now i do everyday i get a chance  :fthecubs

welcome to soxtalk! :cheers :cheers :cheers

no i dont hate my family but they all like the cubs so i chose the white sox..... and like i said earlier i really didnt watch them 2 much until last year and ever since i watch like every game now..... and its fun to make fun of sammy sosa  :D  so before i just rooted for em for the hell of it now i do it because i love them

Welcome aboard :headbang

Me, I don't know how or why exactly. I always had a fascination with Chicago sports teams when I was a kid. I grew up watching the Sox and Cubs on WGN. My mom was from Chicago and well, for whatever reason I decided since i could see the games on tv and I just didn't want to root for the Dodgers (my dads team...its funner when we can bash each others teams, lol) so I went with the Sox and Cubs. Up until recently I liked both, but not anymore...its all about the Southsiders :headbang

Been following them a long long time now and have been seeing their games when their in Anaheim for years.