Catholics to deny JFK-H the sacrements

southsider2k5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only catholics who agree 100% with Church teachings took Communion, no one could honestly participate. I do not agree 100% with the Catholic Church, nor do I agree 100% with any other Church.

I also have received Communion in other Churches, been given several nice awards from the Methodist Church and one recognition from a Synagog. So far I haven't been denied Communion back in my home parish. I know the former Pastor of my Church encouraged people of other denominations to receove Communion with us. I know he would be speaking out against the ban.

I see a time when there will be an American Catholic Church, similar to the Episcopal Church.

All in all, it shows the wide spectrum of beliefs within the Catholic Community. I am certain Bush would be denied Communion at several Churches down this way.

This may actually help Kerry. There is a reason that a Catholic has not been elected since Kennedy.

If only catholics who agree 100% with Church teachings took Communion, no one could honestly participate. I do not agree 100% with the Catholic Church, nor do I agree 100% with any other Church.

I also have received Communion in other Churches, been given several nice awards from the Methodist Church and one recognition from a Synagog. So far I haven't been denied Communion back in my home parish. I know the former Pastor of my Church encouraged people of other denominations to receove Communion with us. I know he would be speaking out against the ban.

I see a time when there will be an American Catholic Church, similar to the Episcopal Church.

All in all, it shows the wide spectrum of beliefs within the Catholic Community. I am certain Bush would be denied Communion at several Churches down this way.

This may actually help Kerry. There is a reason that a Catholic has not been elected since Kennedy.

Sure there is a reason... none have run! ;)

Anyway, they are concentrating on the biblical interpretation that you can't repent sins that you knowingly and willingly continue to commit. Bush isn't Catholic, so I doubt it is an issue for him. Kerry-Heinz is the first major Catholic Presidential candititate since the real JFK.

Anyway I was thinking it could have the opposite effect. The huge issue with Kennedy was could the Pope be the de facto President. If Americans think the Catholic Church could be running this country, there is no chance Kerry-Heinz gets elected.

Sure there is a reason... none have run! ;)

Anyway, they are concentrating on the biblical interpretation that you can't repent sins that you knowingly and willingly continue to commit.  Bush isn't Catholic, so I doubt it is an issue for him.  Kerry-Heinz is the first major Catholic Presidential candititate since the real JFK.

Anyway I was thinking it could have the opposite effect.  The huge issue with Kennedy was could the Pope be the de facto President.  If Americans think the Catholic Church could be running this country, there is no chance Kerry-Heinz gets elected.

Which is why I said this would help Kerry. If it appears he is not a puppet to the Cathlic Church, and stands up for what he believes is right, not necessarily what the Church teaches, it could help him.

And what's with the Kerry-Heinz?

Which is why I said this would help Kerry. If it appears he is not a puppet to the Cathlic Church, and stands up for what he believes is right, not necessarily what the Church teaches, it could help him.

It is a hard job to be seen as standing up to the Catholic Church and still be seen as a good Catholic. Someone is going to get pissed off, so he almost has to find some kind of a compromise, which will be seen as "victory" for the Catholic church.

I like the Kerry-Heinz/ Heinz denotation, because if it wasn't for the $10 million loan that the Heinz ketchup/catsup fortune made to the Kerry campaign in Iowa, he goes broke, and doesn't get the nomination. (Why should Theresa be the only one to carry a surname, when it was her money that bailed HIM out?) I would have really liked to have seen Edwards win, so I could have someone other than Bush to vote for, in good conscious.

Let's face it, without that money, he wouldn't be where he is. So he's a Kerry-Heinz.

Let's face it, without that money, he wouldn't be where he is.  So he's a Kerry-Heinz.

So is it Bush-O'Brien-Jackson-Smith-Jones-Halliburton-Tom-Dick-Harry? Politicians raise money. I applaud candidates who use their own money and family money in the campaigns. Or are you saying Presidents begging for money is better?

One of the reasons I believe Presidents should never be allowed to run again is the money that needs to me raised. One of the most important duties of a sitting President is fund raising. I think they should be banned from doing any and the only way to do that is change the terms for presidents to one, six-year term.

So is it Bush-O'Brien-Jackson-Smith-Jones-Halliburton-Tom-Dick-Harry? Politicians raise money. I applaud candidates who use their own money and family money in the campaigns. Or are you saying Presidents begging for money is better?

One of the reasons I believe Presidents should never be allowed to run again is the money that needs to me raised. One of the most important duties of a sitting President is fund raising. I think they should be banned from doing any and the only way to do that is change the terms for presidents to one, six-year term.

George Bush carries the surname that put him in the White House, George Bush. Without his daddy, he is working at a factory somewhere, drunk and high out of his mind.

Let's face it, without that money, he wouldn't be where he is.  So he's a Kerry-Heinz.

that is laughable

and pitiful considering the money that Bush has and how he "won" the last election

Since you all think it is funy to mock on Kerry's marriage, why not play with the name of Bullshit

that is laughable

and pitiful considering the money that Bush has and how he "won" the last election

Since you all think it is funy to mock on Kerry's marriage, why not play with the name of Bullshit

I don't think it's funny, and I don't think that it's bulls***. It's the facts. And I'm not making fun of it. The guy has done well for himself, and I actually applaud him putting his ass (and his OWN financial self) on the line to get to where he is, and that's on the doorstep of running this country. However, I do find it hypocritical that he's one of the wealthiest senators, so he can spare me the "I feel the middle class pain" bulls***.

I don't think it's funny, and I don't think that it's bulls***.  It's the facts.  And I'm not making fun of it.  The guy has done well for himself, and I actually applaud him putting his ass (and his OWN financial self) on the line to get to where he is, and that's on the doorstep of running this country.  However, I do find it hypocritical that he's one of the wealthiest senators, so he can spare me the "I feel the middle class pain" bulls***.

amen brotha...

I hate this republican= rich wealthy white person democrat= hard working, immigrant family.... THAT'S the bulls***.

how about US CONGRESS= rich-ass, SOBs?

none of them would be anywhere if it weren't for some kind of $$ involvment.

Kerry-Bush is like Gore-Bush is like Dole-Clinton etc...

step in line and choose between two polished turds.

that is laughable

With that much outrage I guess I musta imagined everyone mocking Bush with pictures of chimps and making fun of Bush Jr etc... Spare me the outrage :rolleyes:

Seriously. If he isn't John Kerry-Heinz he doesn't get a $10 million loan to keep a campaign that had been languishing around 3rd place in Iowa, and can't make the attacks on Howard Dean that eroded his support to eventually nothing. John Kerry goes broke, and goes home. Heinz gets $10 million from his wives fortune.

windodj has the post of the year

very seriously the post of the year

I am going to use that, too -

as for the GOP troika, all chiming in about as fast as my over/under -

I want to see your notes from when you bashed U S Senator Heinz because he was indeed an heir of the Heinz fortune and I want to see your notes from when Teresa Heinz lost her husband in a plane crash and her grief over that and I want to know when you got such deep and personal insights into John Kerry's and Teresa Heinz's personal relationship and why he married her and I want your all comments next time Bush puts on a flannel shirt and pretends to be a working man just like when he played aviator.

Funny that no one here on the Democratic side has ever knocked Laura Bush or Barbara Bush for that matter yet Bill Clinton's wife and John Kerry's wife get commented on, ripped, pilloried, whatever.

and ss2k4, I think Bush or Chimp is funny as hell. Always have, always will. I know it is not on your aproved list of bashing, but you know what, I think a lot of things said about Kerry have scurillous and held my tongue (or my typing fingers) and let it ride which is why for as much as I post here 71% of my posts are in Pale Hose Talk. If Bush or Chimp is the worst and most scandalous thing you have ever seen, you are a lucky person indeed. The real comparison that I would make with Bush and his crew would be to the "God has called us" crowd in the Geneva of the 1530s and that Servetus wouldn't survive with this crowd either and when I think about people being kept in cages at Gitmo with no contact with family, attorneys, no charges filed, just kept indefinately, I am reminded of the Star Chamber of England and that what this administration does is as heinous as what the founders of this country were against when it was created.

Kerry here has been compared here to Frankenstein, Lurch, and others, and comments about Botox ad his physical appearance and this and that and the other but Bush or chimp offends? When I was a kid I had (and in fact still have) a stuffed monkey named Ceasar and I loved Toby Tyler. My kids loved Curious George. I look at Bush or Chimp in that attitude. I am so sorry it offends. It was never meant to be offensive. After my last hurrah below it shall be retired because I do not want to offend. Curious George at least was curious about things. Of course as we learned from the August 6, 2001, George Bush is so uncurious as to fail to ask for a follow up to a report entitled Bin Laden wants to attack US. Didn't even ask for a follow up. So Curious George, on behalf of all chimps and all monkeys, wins.

Meanwhile let's ponder why Roman Catholic politicans weren't denied communion when they approved of the war on Iraq - which the Pope spoke against - or why Eucharist isn't denied to those who support the death penalty, which is exactly and clearly condemned in the Church's teachings. How utterly coincidental that the RC Church decides right now in this election year to one issue something and excommunicate (which is what the denial of communion is, check your canon law) now.

windodj has the post of the year

very seriously the post of the year

I am going to use that, too -

as for the GOP troika, all chiming in about as fast as my over/under -

I want to see your notes from when you bashed U S Senator Heinz because he was indeed an heir of the Heinz fortune and I want to see your notes from when Teresa Heinz lost her husband in a plane crash and her grief over that and I want to know when you got such deep and personal insights into John Kerry's and Teresa Heinz's personal relationship and why he married her and I want your all comments next time Bush puts on a flannel shirt and pretends to be a working man just like when he played aviator.

Funny that no one here on the Democratic side has ever knocked Laura Bush or Barbara Bush for that matter yet Bill Clinton's wife and John Kerry's wife get commented on, ripped, pilloried, whatever.

and ss2k4, I think Bush or Chimp is funny as hell.  Always have, always will.  I know it is not on your aproved list of bashing, but you know what, I think a lot of things said about Kerry have scurillous and held my tongue (or my typing fingers) and let it ride which is why for as much as I post here 71% of my posts are in Pale Hose Talk.  If Bush or Chimp is the worst and most scandalous thing you have ever seen, you are a lucky person indeed.  The real comparison that I would make with Bush and his crew would be to the "God has called us" crowd in the Geneva of the 1530s and that Servetus wouldn't survive with this crowd either and when I think about people being kept in cages at Gitmo with no contact with family, attorneys, no charges filed, just kept indefinately, I am reminded of the Star Chamber of England and that what this administration does is as heinous as what the founders of this country were against when it was created.

Kerry here has been compared here to Frankenstein, Lurch, and others, and comments about Botox ad his physical appearance and this and that and the other but Bush or chimp offends? When I was a kid I had (and in fact still have) a stuffed monkey named Ceasar and I loved Toby Tyler.  My kids loved Curious George.  I look at Bush or Chimp in that attitude.  I am so sorry it offends.  It was never meant to be offensive. After my last hurrah below it shall be retired because I do not want to offend.  Curious George at least was curious about things. Of course as we learned from the August 6, 2001, George Bush is so uncurious as to fail to ask for a follow up to a report entitled Bin Laden wants to attack US.  Didn't even ask for a follow up.  So Curious George, on behalf of all chimps and all monkeys, wins.

Meanwhile let's ponder why Roman Catholic politicans weren't denied communion when they approved of the war on Iraq - which the Pope spoke against - or why Eucharist isn't denied to those who support the death penalty, which is exactly and clearly condemned in the Church's teachings.  How utterly coincidental that the RC Church decides right now in this election year to one issue something and excommunicate (which is what the denial of communion is, check your canon law) now.

That was a lot of typing for someone who missed the whole point...

Why is the Catholic Church so quick to take away the right to communion for politicians who have views that aren't the church's in state law? And so slow to punish pedophile clergy?

It's priorities. :banghead

catholic church??

(see: sanhedrin/saducees circa 30-40 AD)

boo to both of them...

Funny that no one here on the Democratic side has ever knocked Laura Bush

it's hard to knock such an upstanding and amazing women... How can you even begin to put her in the same sentence as hillary Clinton?

one supported, stayed with, and helped her husband to recovery from a disease, and the other waited until she could gain politically and then left town to become a big mouthed senator....ironically, whom no one ever hears from.

Where's the love in that cdub? the ever-trumping love?

muy interesante, imo....

those who support the death penalty, which is exactly and clearly condemned in the Church's teachings.

haha...except for that time the holy spirit Killed anenius and sephira for holding back on money they earned from selling their property.... :lol: :D :o :huh:

oh wait...so maybe God cares more about what we do with our money, than someone being killed for crimes against humanity.

24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

just sayin' to everyone nicely tucked into their warm beds after a fun day of typing away at their thousand dollar computers.

Bush? Kerry? who gives a flip?

let's go out and do what God commands us. Anyone read Acts lately? This f-ing site isn't part of that plan.

over and out.

just saying.