Anti-Sox Press Bias

C.Rector

Want one good example of anti-Sox press bias? My county's (McHenry) daily newspaper, the Northwest Herald, had the Cubs boring win over the hapless N.Y. Mets on the top of the front page of the Monday Sports section, but the Sox's thrilling victory in the bottom of the 9th inning over Tampa Bay was not covered until the bottom of page 4.

Inexcusable.

Want one good example of anti-Sox press bias?  My county's (McHenry)  daily newspaper, the Northwest Herald, had the Cubs boring  win over the hapless N.Y. Mets  on the top of the front page  of the Monday Sports section, but the Sox's thrilling victory in the bottom of the 9th inning over Tampa Bay was not covered until the bottom of page 4. 

Inexcusable.

UM.... Clement carried a no hitter into the 7th ---

The "happless" D-rays gave the anemnic Sox a victory --

You'd be upset if it was the other way around (loiaza throwing a brilliantly, and grudz walking in the winning run) and the Cubs getting the front page, so do us all a favor and quit complaing about s*** that happened two days ago --

UM.... Clement carried a no hitter into the 7th ---

The "happless" D-rays gave the anemnic Sox a victory --

You'd be upset if it was the other way around (loiaza throwing a brilliantly, and grudz walking in the winning run) and the Cubs getting the front page, so do us all a favor and quit complaing about s*** that happened two days ago --

Ouch!

Well, just to say that i have noticed that the Sox do NOT get any kind of coverage in the NW Herald. On more than one occasion you have to search really hard to find any coverage. But ya know, when I was a kid growing up in the area, they once had the fire department cleaning it's floors as the headline story on the front page. The Herald has always sucked. No big deal.

The Cubs will be the media darlings for the next...years. Oh well. The media also loves to exploit violence, pain, and human suffering, so why look to them for what is correct to give the public? Heck, covering the Cubs is par for course with them. :rolleyes: