where u from?

whitesox247

to be more specific where in cali, cerritos-pretty small town, bet no one heard of it

and one more thing i miss and loved about chicago, J. HOod for all you Scoreheads :headbang

But I've heard of it....Remember Cerritos Auto Square.

o yea, forgot about that :lol: finest dealerships in the country :headbang

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be more specific where in cali, cerritos-pretty small town, bet no one heard of it

and one more thing i miss and loved about chicago, J. HOod for all you Scoreheads :headbang

But I've heard of it....Remember Cerritos Auto Square.

o yea, forgot about that :lol: finest dealerships in the country :headbang

The guy from those movies used to do all the commercials for those out of the state. Man, I can't believe I forgot his name, but he had all those movies where like space aliens came and he acted all dumb.

Lots of Cubs fans in Mt. Greenwood? What happened? I remember that neighborhood as solid for the regular Democratic party machine and solid for the White Sox.

Remember too that Mt. Greenwood is close to Beverly which is about as close to the Northside in terms of ambience as the Southside gets. Gotta figure if a Northsider has to move to the Southside, then Beverly is where he/she is going to go..... especially if they have to live in the city. I know a handful of CPD and CFD that were born and raised Northsiders (Cub fans) who moved to the Beverly neighborhood because it was close to their police/fire station.

Lots of Cubs fans in Mt. Greenwood? What happened? I remember that neighborhood as solid for the regular Democratic party machine and solid for the White Sox.

Remember too that Mt. Greenwood is close to Beverly which is about as close to the Northside in terms of ambience as the Southside gets. Gotta figure if a Northsider has to move to the Southside, then Beverly is where he/she is going to go..... especially if they have to live in the city. I know a handful of CPD and CFD that were born and raised Northsiders (Cub fans) who moved to the Beverly neighborhood because it was close to their police/fire station.

I left Chi in 85, but get back periodically and try to keep up to date with all the changes since then. I worked with a guy in the late 70's and early 80's. He was raised in the St Margaret of Scotland parish and lived in Mt. Greenwood at the time. Very old time traditional Irish Catholic, loved the Sox hated the Cubs. He was big time for Notre Dame and the old Chicago Cardinals too. Some of the folks in his neighborhood called it their holy trinity of sports teams. I grew up in North Park and Albany Park near Von Steuben and Roosevelt High Schools. Our Lady of Mercy was my church. That's supposed to be cub territority but lots of my classmates rooted for the Sox. Seems to me it was about 50/50. The Sox were perennial pennant contenders then and the cubs were going through the worst period in their history. Thanks for the south side update. By the way I always liked driving down Longwood Drive. They actually have some hills in Chicago!

I left Chi in 85, but get back periodically and try to keep up to date with all the changes since then. I worked with a guy in the late 70's and early 80's. He was raised in the St Margaret of Scotland parish and lived in Mt. Greenwood at the time. Very old time traditional Irish Catholic, loved the Sox hated the Cubs. He was big time for Notre Dame and the old Chicago Cardinals too. Some of the folks in his neighborhood called it their holy trinity of sports teams. I grew up in North Park and Albany Park near Von Steuben and Roosevelt High Schools. Our Lady of Mercy was my church. That's supposed to be cub territority but lots of my classmates rooted for the Sox. Seems to me it was about 50/50. The Sox were perennial pennant contenders then and the cubs were going through the worst period in their history. Thanks for the south side update. By the way I always liked driving down Longwood Drive. They actually have some hills in Chicago!

Gotta love the Irish Catholics. I'm actually leaving for Ireland tomorrow night. Going for a week, and I can't wait. I effectively stopped working as of 2:00 today. I'm still here, just being lazy.

Speaking of the holy trinity of sports I was just talking about that last night. Sox, ND, and Bears. there's my 3.

0-16 Chicago - Across the street from St. Rita's on Fairfield

16-23 Chicago - St. Nick's of Tolentine's parish near 63rd and Lawndale

23-25 Woodridge, IL

25-current Chicago - Mt. Greenwood - it amazes me how annoying some of these people are - too many Cubs/Packers fans.  I never used to mind Packers fans until I started dating one...

That bar on 111th street.. near Western... used to be Eric's South I think..? That place is full of friggin Cub fans. I used to go there when I was in High School, but it lost it's luster when I turned 21. Used to be all Sox fans.. went in there to meet some old friends that I hadn't seen in about 10 years and the place sucks, bad!!