where u from?

whitesox247

If I post my geographical resume you'll get a frickin headache. Was actually a hobo in my twenties for a while. At times resided in the North Park, Albany Park, Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park and Logan Square neighborhoods of Chicago. Miss Chicago real bad. A loyal Sox fan for a looooong time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

my living resume is pretty much like baggs... been from main to spokane, and everywhere in between.....over seas........near and afar.....and now im in the burbs.........i guess that covers it........

Born and raised in Pierre, South Dakota....still live here today....but we are soon moving to Bismarck in North Dakota...pisses me off. :angry:

How far is that from Sioux Falls? My dads side of the family lives in a very very small town in Iowa, about 20 minutes outside of Sioux Falls.

0-4 gresham, Or

5-8 norfolk, Va

9-present tualatin oregon

Thats cool you lived in Norfolk. Where in Norfolk did you live? And how did you become a Sox fan? You dont seem to have any obvious connection to Chicago...

I loved black jack jason bere and frank thomas i just have always loved them since i was 3

Born and raised in Pierre, South Dakota....still live here today....but we are soon moving to Bismarck in North Dakota...pisses me off. :angry:

How far is that from Sioux Falls? My dads side of the family lives in a very very small town in Iowa, about 20 minutes outside of Sioux Falls.

If I remember correctly....about 210 or 220 miles or so.

Thing that is funny about all of this is that I live in a good-sized town for SoDak.....15,000 live in Pierre....and a huge amount of people live in Sioux Falls(about 125,000)....SoDak's total population is about 700,000...and that is nothing compared to some cities in Cali and is nothing compared to Chicago.

I live in small-town America...and it seems big here. A decent-sized city is one that is about 3000-5000 in population....talk about small town America....cities suburbs have more waaay more than that.

I live in a town of 8,000 so I know what small town life is -

small crowds at USCF are 3 times larger than this whole community

Oh, then you know how it goes....it's great, yet at the same time it is boring....because it's small, you don't have to worry about being safe....but at times, because it is small, there sometimes isn't much to do.

Well, part of that is probably because I'm a teenager....but I'm sure there are parts to that in which you could relate

Thing that is funny about all of this is that I live in a good-sized town for SoDak.....15,000 live in Pierre....and a huge amount of people live in Sioux Falls(about 125,000)....SoDak's total population is about 700,000...and that is nothing compared to some cities in Cali and is nothing compared to Chicago.

I live in small-town America...and it seems big here. A decent-sized city is one that is about 3000-5000 in population....talk about small town America....cities suburbs have more waaay more than that.

My city is like 150,000 and its a decent size city in California, but nothing huge.

Oh, then you know how it goes....it's great, yet at the same time it is boring....because it's small, you don't have to worry about being safe....but at times, because it is small, there sometimes isn't much to do.

Well, part of that is probably because I'm a teenager....but I'm sure there are parts to that in which you could relate

All of it is true whatever age -

does get boring, nothing to do - I am lucky that one of our two lane highways in town can take me away to the big city as needed!

Safe, I leave my car running outside the postoffice while I go inside, I don't lock my door most of the time - lots of advantages in those ways - I can pick up stuff in many stores in town without paying right away, they know me and know I'll be back -

it also means everyone knows or think they know everyone else's business, very hard to live under the radar screen.

I realy feel sorry for the teenagers, they cannot date without the parents usually knowing each other and having all kinds of opinions on the family - kids can't date in peace - kids have no place to go to be themselves, to just hang and be teenagers - I am gald that I did not grow up here

0-16 Chicago - Across the street from St. Rita's on Fairfield

16-23 Chicago - St. Nick's of Tolentine's parish near 63rd and Lawndale

23-25 Woodridge, IL

25-current Chicago - Mt. Greenwood - it amazes me how annoying some of these people are - too many Cubs/Packers fans. I never used to mind Packers fans until I started dating one...

0-16 Chicago - Across the street from St. Rita's on Fairfield

16-23 Chicago - St. Nick's of Tolentine's parish near 63rd and Lawndale

23-25 Woodridge, IL

25-current Chicago - Mt. Greenwood - it amazes me how annoying some of these people are - too many Cubs/Packers fans.  I never used to mind Packers fans until I started dating one...

Lots of Cubs fans in Mt. Greenwood? What happened? I remember that neighborhood as solid for the regular Democratic party machine and solid for the White Sox.

It is very much democratic, but the amount of cubs jerseys I have seen has really shocked me. I didn't think there were any cubs fans there, but in the last two years I've seen more cubs jerseys than I can stand to tell the truth. I cured my bf of that disease (haven't managed to turn him into a sox fan yet, but I have gotten him to like several of the players), and let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. All of his friends that I know can't stand the sox. Some of them are cubs fans and some of them like teams from other cities, but I have yet to meet that many Sox fans.

I've lived in Oelwein Iowa my whole life, and will most likely be going to college in Ames and/or Iowa City, Iowa in late 2005.

I bet the Huskies could take any high school team you throw at them, too. (Well of course for those sports we dont have, we only have about 450 in our high school)

My city is like 150,000 and its a decent size city in California, but nothing huge.

That's the funny thing....it's decent sized for Cali, but nothing big....yet, is more than 10 times bigger than Pierre(because 15,000 isn't the exact population....it is between 14,000-15,000....something around there).

cw....that pretty much hits it on the dot....though I usually pay right away when I go to buy something....I'm not going to go in and take a PS2 and then say "I'll have the money on Monday!" or something like that! :lol: But for the most part, everyone knows everyone....exactly right. Small town life is great...and it sucks at the same time. I don't mind it as a teen though