Top Posters In This Topic

0-2 mo. bridgeport

2mo. to 7 years - des plaines

7 to 12 medinah

12-13 roselle

14 - 15 ft lauderdale fl

15-17 naples fl

18-22 eugene - corvallis oregon

22 - 29 army s.carolina, georgia, germany , arizona (with short stays in alaska, iceland , panama, tampa fl , norfolk va, hawaii, italy)

29-36 harrisburg and sisters oregon

36-37 vernon hills il

37-39 lakemoor il

39 41 (present) elk grove il

how's that for a list ;)

Well I was born in Studio City, CA, and moved out to Illinois when I was 9 months or so, to the south suburb of Park Forest, and I became a Sox fan. When I moved back to california, in 1995, I moved to Burbank, and was still a Sox fan.

I can tell you right now, it may not be the case on this board in particular, but the reasons that there are a lot of Sox fans, and Cubs fans, at Dodger/Angels games is because of one word...Hollywood. All the actors from Second City, and the Improv Olympics, come from there to here looking for work, and they already have ties to the Sox or Cubs or Bears or Bulls or Hawks.

September 3, 1983 - August 23, 2002: Chicago

August 23 - Present: Peoria, IL

(Though, since I'm only living at school here, I suppose I still am from Chicago... I don't know... I'm probably going to move down here full time once I'm a junior so I can squeeze all my classes in. Basically, I'm going to try and cram 5 1/2 years of school into 4).

Born and raised in Pierre, South Dakota....still live here today....but we are soon moving to Bismarck in North Dakota...pisses me off. :angry:

south dakota?

I love (parts of) that state -

considered moving there a few times - was thinking about Lead just yesterday in fact -

what is so wrong with North Dakota?

Gees, Bismarck and Pierre are the banes of students learning the state capitals everywhere - your family in government?

do they have rap in the Dakotas? :D

Chicago 1952-1975, 1976-77

Michigan 1975-76, 1977-current

I would love to know how all the Californians became Sox fans but suspect the answer is just one word:  Intelligence.

and where are you from?

I'm one of the many ones from California. I was born and raised here.

The only reason I think I ended up liking the Sox is because my mom was from Chicago and for some reason I was interested in it, mainly because i loved snow as a kid or something. Then I would get to see them and the Cubs on WGN and Frank and Robin just became my favorite players. I loved watching the Sox and always will.

Every since I was 5 or 6 yrs old I'd read the sports page in the morning and always check up on the standings and that type of stuff.

Hey baggio, is the medinah you speak of medinah, saudi arabia or somewhere stateside. Thats pretty cool if you lived in the middle east. Same with me and spain. People get to read about these places but you and me have actually been there...

And chisoxfn, I loved Chicago too. I loved the snow and the skyscrapers, but most of all I love the Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey baggio, is the medinah you speak of medinah, saudi arabia or somewhere stateside. Thats pretty cool if you lived in the middle east. Same with me and spain. People get to read about these places but you and me have actually been there...

And chisoxfn, I loved Chicago too. I loved the snow and the skyscrapers, but most of all I love the Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medinah, Illinois.............. West Ill

Medinah, Illinois.............. West Ill

Oh, I kinda expected that. I was kinda f***in clueless as to why an American family would be living in Medina...

Born and raised in Pierre, South Dakota....still live here today....but we are soon moving to Bismarck in North Dakota...pisses me off. :angry:

south dakota?

I love (parts of) that state -

considered moving there a few times - was thinking about Lead just yesterday in fact -

what is so wrong with North Dakota?

Gees, Bismarck and Pierre are the banes of students learning the state capitals everywhere - your family in government?

do they have rap in the Dakotas? :D

South Dakota....once you get used to all the boring scenery...and you get to know people...it is a nice state. Hot as hell in the summer(it'll occasionally reach 110, but usually just 80-100), freezing-balls cold in the winter(can get below zero, and sometimes even lower than that....sharp cold wind most of the time....but it's also pretty nice at times...looks to be about 35-40 tomorrow....but I'd say it is normally about 10-20 degrees with snow on the ground)....and there are some pretty cool things all aorund. And we get excited seeing some of our boys playing Division I-A football, and now we will see that alot(as SDSU, South Dakota State, not San Diego State, is going D IA this year)....nice scenery though....and we Pierre-ans(and for those who care, it is pronounced peer, not pee-air, the French pronunciation....that is probably my biggest pet peeve) are liking Scott Rislov at SJSU...and I believe I heard from some guys that he may work with Jeff Garcia this offseason...that's pretty neat.

Nothing wrong with Bismarck....I just don't want to leave Pierre and all my friends....it's been quite hard on me. I've accepted the fact that we are moving, though if I was given a chance to stay in Pierre, I'd do it.

Actually, no one in my family is in government....my dad goes to and oversees the Wyoming and South Dakota state legislature for the company he works for, and I believe with our moving to Bismarck(and his promotion), he will then also oversee Montana, North Dakota and Minnesota's state legislature's as well...but I'm not positive on that. It may be Nebraska and not Minnesota....not positive.

HSC has told me that she is a biker girl and really likes South Dakota as well....and I know why she likes the state.

Rap? Well, we listen to rap....most kids do anyways. Just no rap radio stations. Most adults think it sucks and they'd rather listen to classic rock...and if I had to choose between bad classic rock and bad rap...I'd rather listen to bad classic rock. I think Eminem is the main choice of rap though....with some others mixed in as well.

As for rappers...well, since there are very few good white rappers(in fact, only about 1, that being Eminem)...I'd say no. :D