Ben Sheets sets Brewer strike out record

Why would the Brewers want to trade a cheap young starting pitcher like Sheets, for Rauch and Borchard.

Seems Sheets is the type of player that theyd want to keep unless you were going to completely overpay for him.

I think that Sheets is pretty much untouchable, so that is probably the reason why the Sox did not trade for him.

SB

I think I wanted him in the off-seaosn for Rauch and Borchard or some such.

Shows what I know:  18 SO-a-game, 98-mph-throwing young pitchers making 2.5 Mill do NOT end up as a White Sox... :bang

Just because you think it does not mean it has any chance of happening EVER

Why would the Brewers want to trade a cheap young starting pitcher like Sheets, for Rauch and Borchard.

Seems Sheets is the type of player that theyd want to keep unless you were going to completely overpay for him.

I think that Sheets is pretty much untouchable, so that is probably the reason why the Sox did not trade for him.

SB

It's a common knowledge that Brewers were trying to move him if the price is right. He was somewhat inconsistent, there was a health concern at one point and he hit arbit eligibility.

Still might move him, but the price has definately gone up.

Ben Sheets struck out a franchise-record 18 - the most in the majors in three years - leading the Milwaukee Brewers to a 4-1 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Sunday.

I've always liked this kid since back to his USA team days, and think he can be a great pitcher in this league.

Great outing and best of luck

Why overpay for Sheets who is still young and can be inconsistent(even though he could be like a Josh Beckett and lead us to a WS winner) when we can get Livan Hernandez from Montreal for 2 fringe prospects at the deadline? Livan has been there and knows what it takes to win.

Or maybe we can just get both

Sheets matched up with Rocky Biddle in two awesome pitcher's duels in 10 days in 2000. Biddle actually beat him both games, throwing two straight complete game shutouts. The Barons won the first game 2-0 and the second 1-0.

Rocky Biddle

DATE G# OPP H/R DEC GS GF CG IP H AB TBF R ER HR BB SO WP BK

05/19/00 HVL R W 1 1 9.0 2 27 31 4 9

05/29/00 HVL H W 1 1 9.0 5 31 32 1 9

Ben Sheets

DATE G# OPP H/R DEC GS GF CG IP H AB TBF R ER HR BB SO WP BK

05/19/00 BIR H L 1 7.0 5 24 26 2 2 1 2 4

05/29/00 BIR R L 1 7.0 7 26 27 1 7

Sheets matched up with Rocky Biddle in two awesome pitcher's duels in 10 days in 2000.  Biddle actually beat him both games, throwing two straight complete game shutouts.  The Barons won the first game 2-0 and the second 1-0. 

Rocky Biddle

DATE  G#  OPP  H/R DEC GS GF CG    IP H AB  TBF R ER HR  BB  SO WP BK

05/19/00  HVL R W 1  1 9.0 2 27 31            4 9     

05/29/00  HVL H W 1  1 9.0 5 31 32            1 9

Ben Sheets

DATE  G#  OPP  H/R DEC GS GF CG    IP H AB  TBF R ER HR  BB  SO WP BK

05/19/00  BIR H L 1      7.0 5 24 26 2    2  1 2 4     

05/29/00  BIR R L 1      7.0 7 26 27 1            7

Of course Rockmeister had a f***ed up elbow and shoulder - his most dominant 3 innings were against the Cubs 2 years ago, right before going on the DL. Untouchable.

It's funny but Jon Rauch out-pitched Sheets in 2000, both in mL and Olympics.

sheets was a HUGE f***ing question mark coming into this season! you want to define inconsistancy and no confidence coming into '04? sheets' face is right next to it. you see him pulling out a nice win one night and then four nights later he's giving up 6 ER in 3 IP. Not exactly someone you can confide in.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! i took a gamble on him in my fantasy league and he's paying huge dividends. f*** y'all, you can't have him!

but anyone who says he wasn't up for grabs coming into this season is nuts. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE f***ING BREWERS HERE, PEOPLE! same organization that is run by wendy selig and her f***ing father! same team that signs big sexy to a huge deal and deals him two years later after crying poverty, same team that begs for a new stadium then cuts payroll because of "salary" and then sells the team because everyone hates them! (you all know the deal).

bottom line, sheets was about to become jeff weaver-time real f***ing soon, but thankfully for him, he found his groove.