New Lineup Changes

The Beast

With the new lineup changes, and with Valentin being a free agent after the season, what will become of the middle infield? Obviously we have a tenative lineup right now that will probably be back to the same in less than a week...but Uribe is under contract and we have Harris too, but who would be a good fit for us in '05? Considering our tight budget, I'd like to see the Sox call up Michael Morse (who is hitting .333 at AA Birmingham) or call up Jeremy Reed (a given) who is hitting .323 at AAA Charlotte and move Harris back to his natural position at 2b?

Wow, that'd be a sweet lineup...unfortunatly I don't know where I'd bat Reed, and preferred not to get bashed, so I'd like to hear your views on this one.

Yeah I don't know where you got your stats. Reed has had wrist problems that are obviously hampering him. As much as I'd like to see him up, he won't be effective unless he is 100% at this point. As for Morse, most think the season for him is a mirage. He is only batting .296 now anyway. He is nowhere near ready for the Majors. I'd like to see him spend a full season in AA, if he plays well the whole year he can play in AAA next season. So I think he is at least 2 seasons away from even getting a shot, if he ever gets one.

Yeah I don't know where you got your stats. Reed has had wrist problems that are obviously hampering him. As much as I'd like to see him up, he won't be effective unless he is 100% at this point. As for Morse, most think the season for him is a mirage. He is only batting .296 now anyway. He is nowhere near ready for the Majors. I'd like to see him spend a full season in AA, if he plays well the whole year he can play in AAA next season. So I think he is at least 2 seasons away from even getting a shot, if he ever gets one.

I got my stats from www.whitesox.com...Prolly not updated, sir.

I got my stats from www.whitesox.com...Prolly not updated, sir.

Go to minorleaguebaseball.com or sportsnetwork.com. minorleaguebaseball.com is powered by sportsnetwork so they will have the same stuff. It's the best place to find stats. BA and ESPN also seem to be pretty good.

Go to minorleaguebaseball.com or sportsnetwork.com. minorleaguebaseball.com is powered by sportsnetwork so they will have the same stuff. It's the best place to find stats. BA and ESPN also seem to be pretty good.

Thank you sir. That will help in backing my statements against the haters.

Thank you sir. That will help in backing my statements against the haters.

Noboby really hates on this board. Other than a conflict about Adkins (a Major Leaguer no less) between Brando and myself and others most people here are open to opinions. Since we don't get to see the games (well most of us) people don't flip out with irrational, knee jerk reactions. This is the thinking man's Sox board. Why I'm here is beyond me. :lol:

I'm not so sure Morse has another season with the Sox. Isn't he going to be a 5th year minor leagure free agent after this year if he's not called up? I've been watching him since he was a skinny 17 year old we drafted, and at 22 his body has finally filled out and apparently the power has come. His batting average has dropped about 40 points in about 2 weeks though.