Thomas Comments

Mr. Showtime

Guest hotsoxchick1

thank you for the link.. yea i feel frank has a point to prove this year...... i just hope it doesnt get in his way of playing great ball .......i also wish he would just turn the other way when the media comes around........i hate to see him in the press....of course they had to mention he was 10 minutes late for a team meeting.....geez us does it ever end.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Is it me or is the article trying to sound create some controversy.  I don't know I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

my impressions too.........thats why i said i wish he would just go the other way when the press is around........

I read about half the article...and stopped.

Expect Moronotti to rip him to shreds the next time he writes an article.

Thomas made himself out to be a god....saying they shouldn't treat me like this, after all I've done...which they shouldn't, and he's right. However, he shouldn't go public with that kind of stuff....it will make him look like a selfish player.

I still think he would have been better saying "I'm going to rip the f***ing cover off the ball" and leaving.

Is it me or is the article trying to sound create some controversy.  I don't know I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

my impressions too.........thats why i said i wish he would just go the other way when the press is around........

And you expected different? Frank should just let his bat do the talking.

Is it me or is the article trying to sound create some controversy.  I don't know I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

Unfortunately, the media is always trying to create some controversy, over anything, just to get some attention. They will comment on anything, including someones new hairstyle. After Thomas refused to talk to the media last season, he has made himself the perfect target for media criticism.

yah Jay Mironotti is gonna have a field day :fyou

I think Frank kinda set himself up by saying something along the lines of "this organization has never had a player like me". I mean with all the great players this team has had... I don't doubt he's the best hitter we've ever had, but again that's me saying that. When he says it, it sounds kinda selfish. but he's my boy and I'll stand by him... like always... :( :bringit

yah Jay Mironotti is gonna have a field day  :fyou

I think Frank kinda set himself up by saying something along the lines of "this organization has never had a player like me".

ShamME has made similar statements and Moronotti can't drop to his knees fast enough to pay oral homage to ShamME when he spews BS. But, you're probably right. Moronotti will write a scathing piece on Frank if Hurt's media criticism rubbed Moronotti the wrong way.

I like Frank , but the more he talks the more he pisses me off, I want frank to HIT , not talk about life styles and s***, the fact NOBODY wanted him was HIS fault not the SOX he found out he is not all that, the best case for Frank is have a good year and part ways as much as I hate to see it I see KW,JM and Frank fighting before MAY 1st.

Frank is not the only one who should avoid the media.

If those are new quotes from PK and St. Jose, I am really pissed off at them for commenting again on Frank to the media. They should learn to shut up and stop talking to the press about their opinions on Frank or any team mate, it only keeps things stirred up.

If those are old quotes recycled, they never should have made them to the press to begin with.

Frank is not the only one who should avoid the media.

If those are new quotes from PK and St. Jose, I am really pissed off at them for commenting again on Frank to the media.  They should learn to shut up and stop talking to the press about their opinions on Frank or any team mate, it only keeps things stirred up.

If those are old quotes recycled, they never should have made them to the press to begin with.

those have to be old quotes...those are the exact same things both guys said last all star break...too much of a coincidence both guys would say the exact same thing the same day again..

god frank will you shut up and just hit the ball...every paper in chicago is gonna rip you tomorrow...when will you learn???

Frank's mouth creates controversy, not the media. He said all of those things in a press conference, on camera, not to one reporter trying to stir something up.

I have said it many times before and I will say it again. Frank is a damned cancer and the Sox will be much better off without him. He just doens't get it.

Nothing is ever HIS fault. He is always mistreated. I'm crying for you Frank.

Just keep your damned mouth shut and hit!

Frank's mouth creates controversy, not the media.  He said all of those things in a press conference, on camera, not to one reporter trying to stir something up.

I have said it many times before and I will say it again.  Frank is a damned cancer and the Sox will be much better off without him.  He just doens't get it.

Nothing is ever HIS fault.  He is always mistreated.  I'm crying for you Frank.

Just keep your damned mouth shut and hit!

Thank you! And i'll bet he's gone after this year

What I think Frank was saying was that he had some hard feelings but he knows everything is business and he's a team player. He realizes he signed the contract and they had good reason to invoke the clause. He admits that he didn't play up to par and he seems embarrassed about it and thinks he signed a fair deal this time around as long as he steps up to the plate.

He seems very motivated. I think he wants a ring and he wants money.

Frank is far from a team player. His way of saying "I'm a team player" is to blame everyone else for last year and toot his own horn. He is a team player if he is hitting well.

Frank is the kind of guy that could go 0-4 in Game 7 of a WS victory and not be happy. It is all about him. Always has been, always will be.

If you haven't seen the comments on ESPN, check out Sportscenter. Watching him say it on video eliminates the possible print bias.

"That's a slap in the face. I earned the right to be at a certain level and I'm not there anymore," Thomas said.

I know that Thomas is an exceptional player, but he should'nt be surprised the Diminished Skills Clause was enforeced. I know he came off of injury last season, but the lows he got to last year was ones we Sox Fans would never expect. And as for the, quote, "certain level," he is referring to his salary. FRANK! We know you lost money, and we don't care. We Sox fans know you still have the capability to be a 35-125-.300 guy. You just have to do it again. You didn't lose any respect from me, just money.

Sorry in advance for the long-winded diatribe that follows...

I wanted to vomit this morning when I saw Thomas popping off on SportsCenter. At what point do we start acknowledging that this kind of crap is more of a cancer than it is a mere distraction? I don't like defending Reinsdorf or KW, but the simple fact is that the Sox gave Thomas more money this season than he was offered by anyone else on the open market. His skills have diminished, that's why the clause in the previous contract was enacted... end of story. Frank: Blame the agent who negotiated it. If by chance he does return to his old form, then his current contract gives him options to escape after this season and earn more money elsewhere. Still, what team is going to want a malcontented, one-dimensional player? Who the hell is advising this guy??? He's not only hurting his own club's chances by reopening these wounds, he's hurting his own longer term marketability.

Frank made great contributions to this club back in the 90s. At one time, he was the most feared hitter in the game, and for good reason. His best days are, unfortunately, behind him. Even the most hardcore Frank fan would have to admit that. What the Sox need from a veteran like Frank is leadership... a clubhouse presence that inspires confidence in his teammates... a consummate professional who puts the best interests of the ballclub first, and serves as an example to his team. Instead, we are getting a thin-skinned malcontent who's going to pop off indiscrimately, and destroy the chemistry of the club.

Buddy Ryan said it best when he said "Trade him for a six-pack. It doesn't even need to be a cold six-pack." Send him to Montreal or Tampa, where his presence might put some butts in the seats, and his attitude won't do any damage to teams with no chance of playing in October.

Living on the west coast, I didn't hear anything about Frank's latest crybabying until this morning. I went to bed last night comfortable with the fact that this team was going to contend. Now, I get that sinking feeling that we are being set up for another season of .500 baseball, finger-pointing, media sniping, and fan apathy. Team chemistry is so damn important during a 162 game season. This isn't the Yankees who can buy so much talent that they can overcome the occasional infighting. The Sox are a team of solid, quiet veteran players mixed with some young, exciting up and comers. They don't need a clubhouse cancer right now.

Welcome aboard SoxFaninBayArea

I keep wondering why Frank doesn't just stick to his oath and not talk to the stinking media. Everytime he opens his mouth crap comes out of it that causes a controversy.

He needs to shut up and just play baseball. Let his numbers speak for themselves. The team can do what they can do and as far as I'm concerned they'll have to live to ignore Frank and his comments and realize that they can win without him, but if he performs like I Think he will, then he will be a big help to the offense, but HE WILL NEVER BE A LEADER.

Whatever else Frank Thomas is, he is a great baseball player and has done great things for this team. I'm not going to get into a debate about whether or not we should keep or trade Frank, that would be as stupid as him mouthing off to the media. But when he is kicking ass and leading this team to first place at the break I'm gonna make a big post that I'll ask the mods to stick calling all of you ingrates to eat your words.