Props to Jim Bullard

Rex Hudler

This went somewhat overlooked, but I wanted to give props to Mr. Bullard for a job well done Wednesday.

Bull was scheduled to start on Thursday, but got called into action after Courtney Duncan was injured in the 2nd inning of Wednesday night's game. Bullard answered the call by going 6.2 innings, throwing 100+ pitches, by far his longest outing of the year. Not only did he give them innings, but he held Huntsville scoreless until allowing a two-run HR in his last inning of work. The Barons won 8-3 and Bull picked up the win.

To be able to jump in unexpectedly like that and give your team more than anyone expected is huge. Bull stepped up big time!

Well said. His numbers have really taken the fall this year, but he has really helped the team. I'm really surprised at how well he transitioned to a starter. Not that he wasn't capable, but he has put in a lot of innings without really getting stretched out. Props to Bull. :cheers

I noted that outing in the minor league thread but should also note it here. He's really been doing a very good job this year in the spot starts or long relief situations.

He's doing a good job for the Barons and I hope that sucess can help translate to an eventual promotion to Charlotte and hopefully one day a promotion to the majors.

Keep up the good work Bull :cheers