Sup tools

Kempers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, its great to keep seeing more and more people make the journey over here.

It should be a fun off-season, especially cause we all know the Sox are going to land that ace pitcher, or at least #2 pitcher.

I just hope it isn't another Todd Rithcie :D

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Welcome aboard, its great to keep seeing more and more people make the journey over here.

It should be a fun off-season, especially cause we all know the Sox are going to land that ace pitcher, or at least #2 pitcher.

I just hope it isn't another Todd Rithcie :D

they better pick up a #1 pit.

I'd love Maddux or Clemens.  Roger isn't a true ace anymore in my book, but he's still a gamer, in awesome shape, and can help our staff out a ton.

bingo, we need a true #1 pit. the money we spend now will come back in more ways than jr can imagine.

Look at the Angels. If we made the World Series and playoffs I could see things changing for us too.

Ya I know the Angels haven't done that, but all of a sudden its their playoff tickets, not the Yankees that are the hottest MLB playoff ticket.

10 million on a guy that makes us an autmatic contender brings in over 10 million increased sales and could just turn this team back into the one that once dominated when it came to attendane. Now one guy won't be the only way to do it, but have him come in and start winning consistently and things will be solved.

It isn't like its Oakland where they couldn't even sell out a playoff series.

I also think that Cubs fans are really getting sick of what they are seeing and if their was any shot of the Sox regaining the city of Chicago it would be now cause the cubs should stink next year and this season was just horrible.

You couldn't even watch them play they were so embarassing.

Originally posted by LDF

and the sCrubs management is treating their fan base like s***. its there for the taking. 

Well, we ain't thought of as any better, ldf.

true, but i can see where jr is really trying to help, but he is f***ing up by placing his trust in the wrong people.

but then again this is from a jm backer. :P

Originally posted by LDF

i mean chi will go ape s*** over them, they start winning, the fans will come the series will be sold out, the vendors will bring in money, the parking lot will be full, the season tickets will be sold. 

its a domino effect. 

You are soo right it's not even funny. This town is dying for a winner and would come out in droves if they could finally have one. The only problem is that JR want's the last domino first. He won't spend money until he has money. Of course we've seen what happens when he finally does decide to spend some money (see Wells, David) so I think we are pretty much screwed anyway.

*insert sell jerry sell pic here

Originally posted by Iwritecode
Originally posted by LDF

i mean chi will go ape s*** over them, they start winning, the fans will come the series will be sold out, the vendors will bring in money, the parking lot will be full, the season tickets will be sold. 

its a domino effect. 

You are soo right it's not even funny. This town is dying for a winner and would come out in droves if they could finally have one. The only problem is that JR want's the last domino first. He won't spend money until he has money. Of course we've seen what happens when he finally does decide to spend some money (see Wells, David) so I think we are pretty much screwed anyway.

*insert sell jerry sell pic here

but look at what he spent in the bulls. he is willing to pay, i just think that under certain advisement he hasn't done it. i think we have the nucleus to do it now. all we need is a #1 pit.