Sup tools

Kempers

hmm if i do a name assosciation i think "kelly wunsch" brings back some painful memories. It started back in October of 2000, the picture of him cringing still fresh in my mind with the tagline "This one hurt."

Ever since then it seems like Jerry always puts him in to face a big lefty and he usually responds by hitting the batter or throwing a wild pitch. If he somehow manages to get this first pitch over the plate, the batter's eyes widen at this fat pitch and deposit accordingly in the bleachers.

I don't know what it is but something about kelly wunsch and his funky delivery ain't foolin nobody anymore.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1umm its easy.. read my lips jason... he sucks and i want him out of here.. hes no good under pressure and he cant go more than 2 innings without his arm falling off.. and if in fact they give into his demands next season and let him be a starter we are in serious trouble.... ill personally go kick kennys ass for that one......lol...lol...see how easy that was to say........:P

First of all, his problem early in the year was because he changed his off-season routine which caused his arm to be more tired than usual.

Second, Keith has posted some pretty good numbers over the past 3 years.

Number of blown saves over the past three years: 3 (2002) ,3 (2001) and 5 (2000).

Compare that to the supposed "best closer in the AL" who had 4 (2002) 7 (2001) and 4 (2003).

Foulke has also finished the year with an ERA under 3 the past 4 years. Thats pretty good considering what he started the year with.

The only reason people think he chokes under pressure is that he's blown 2 or 3 "big" games against Minnesota and Seattle. People always seem to remember the bad over the good.

Everyone remembers that he blew a game against Seattle early this year. Anyone also remember he saved a 1 run game just two nights before that? He seems to thrive when saving close games with men on.

Lastly, he's should only pitch one inning. Two max. Although he can get a little shaky when pitching 2. I know for a fact that a couple of his blown saves have come when Manuel puts him in too early.

Originally posted by Iwritecode
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1umm its easy.. read my lips jason... he sucks and i want him out of here.. hes no good under pressure and he cant go more than 2 innings without his arm falling off.. and if in fact they give into his demands next season and let him be a starter we are in serious trouble.... ill personally go kick kennys ass for that one......lol...lol...see how easy that was to say........:P

First of all, his problem early in the year was because he changed his off-season routine which caused his arm to be more tired than usual.

Second, Keith has posted some pretty good numbers over the past 3 years.

Number of blown saves over the past three years: 3 (2002) ,3 (2001) and 5 (2000).

Compare that to the supposed "best closer in the AL" who had 4 (2002) 7 (2001) and 4 (2003).

Foulke has also finished the year with an ERA under 3 the past 4 years. Thats pretty good considering what he started the year with.

The only reason people think he chokes under pressure is that he's blown 2 or 3 "big" games against Minnesota and Seattle. People always seem to remember the bad over the good.

Everyone remembers that he blew a game against Seattle early this year. Anyone also remember he saved a 1 run game just two nights before that? He seems to thrive when saving close games with men on.

Lastly, he's should only pitch one inning. Two max. Although he can get a little shaky when pitching 2. I know for a fact that a couple of his blown saves have come when Manuel puts him in too early.

Exactly, IWC.

Awesome post IWC.

The thing is, I'll take 3 big blow games, as long as he don't blow the other ones. THe reason is the big games count just as much as the games against crap opponents.

Fact is Keith don't blow saves and thats what I like about him. He also can throw a ton of innings and I don't think you can put a value on him in the pen, he's just so good.

Guest hotsoxchick1

akkkk... ok ... hes slippin... you can see it not only on his face when hes on the mound(the look of worry and wonder) but in his attitude and his pitchingall im saying is dump him now while he still has some value to get something half assed decient in return....we have guys in the farm who can take over his spot easily and cheaper..... and thats all i got left to say about this subject....

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

How is a .29 era slipping.  He slipped at the beginning of the season and only got stronger.

No pressure at that time.

I'd like to see him gone before he walks after this season. Because believe me, if he's the closer in 2003 and gets 40 saves or something like that, he'll want big bucks and with Almonte and crew Keith will be gone.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas you have to watch him .....hey i was the one who kept screaming that frank was standing too far back from the plate and pulling in when he swung the bat.. and look he moved closer to the plate at the end of the season and didnt have many problems ..... belive me numbers are decieving....watch him in action and get to know his mechanics and looks and you will know he is on a confidence downward sprial.........trust me on this one ok........i havent let you down yet........

I said the same thing about Frank though. On this one, we are both differing.

I'm telling you, you watch him and he's nasty. Nothing has shown me he's going to lose it and I don't buy into that pressure crap. He saved the final couple games just fine and pitched awesome in pressure his whole career.

Well, it could also be noted that he really began his upward swing after Nardi's dumb ass was canned, too. I remember hearing that Foulke was tipping his pitches, and with at least a semi-competent pitching coach, someone should figure that out and find a way to fix it.

Keith's potential is FAR greater than any prospect we'd recieve for him right now. His salary alone would drive any team from giving us anything worth taking, so we may as well keep Keith and see if Cooper can turn him into a winner again.

I'm telling you, you watch him and he's nasty.  Nothing has shown me he's going to lose it and I don't buy into that pressure crap.  He saved the final couple games just fine and pitched awesome in pressure his whole career.

Your missing the point. He's not going to be with the team after this season.

Thast something we can worry about at the deadline. I'm not saying I'm not willing to deal him, but I'd love to have him back. Heck, sign him to a long term deal to be our set up man for all I care or deal him for a quality starting pitcher if thats the case.

Thast something we can worry about at the deadline.  I'm not saying I'm not willing to deal him, but I'd love to have him back.  Heck, sign him to a long term deal to be our set up man for all I care or deal him for a quality starting pitcher if thats the case.

Well, you'd have to give him the closing job to sign him long-term. And with Ring and others waiting, that won't happen. I just don't think you can get a good starter for Foulke.

Then package Foulke.  Plenty of teams could use an awesome reliever/closer, such as the Red Sox.  Maybe look to deal Foulke, and Rowand for Nixon and Fossum of course we'd have to throw in someone else.

Foulke and Thomas would be a nice combo.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well ya know thomas aint going anywhere unless someone can pay his way.... i would rather package up foulke and lee... if we cant get a decient starter out of that i would settle for a nice good vet catcher.....either way we cant lose on this one we have alot of guys to fill their shoes........

Well I'd rather have Thomas's salary off the books then Lee's, plus I love having Lee as a DH. To me one has got to go this year, but I Think the Sox can put it off for a year and see what Thomas develops into.

IF Thomas turns things on then the Sox know what they have and he's marketable. Then they will look at Lee and if he's still playing great, then the Sox will trade Thomas and go with Lee otherwise they'll dump Lee and turn to Borchard full time.

Thats whats going to happen folks!!!

Well I'd rather have Thomas's salary off the books then Lee's, plus I love having Lee as a DH.  To me one has got to go this year, but I Think the Sox can put it off for a year and see what Thomas develops into.

IF Thomas turns things on then the Sox know what they have and he's marketable.  Then they will look at Lee and if he's still playing great, then the Sox will trade Thomas and go with Lee otherwise they'll dump Lee and turn to Borchard full time. 

Thats whats going to happen folks!!!

Will you also be giving us your NFL "LOCK OF THE WEEK" on you 1-800 number for free to?:D

Well if you followed my picks you'd be in pretty good shape.

Thats 1-800-I-am-a-pimp

Thats one of the newer 8 number phone number.

I'm reminded of a scene from "Friends" where Ross has a pager, and he's waiting for news on his baby. And the number is something like 555-JIMBO. And everyone keeps calling his number thinking it's 555-JUMBO. And he takes one call and goes "No, sir, I don't perform those kinds of services, you want 555-JUMBO."

Good times. :D