Spyware

mreye

download Ad-Aware 6.0 and Spy Bot Search and Destroy. There free programs that you can download. Worked for me.

Spyware and Adware are a son of a b**** arent they????

You ain't kidding. I have absolutely NO idea where I got 'em either. It's changed my homepage and I can't change it back, adds favorites, etc. Why do people get off on this?

I've got something weird on my computer, I'm assuming its a virus. Basically what it is is javascript that pops up whenever people post certain stuff. It happens on every message boards, like when people type good job, or gem, it comes up with good job as a javascript link to Monsters.com and for gem it will have a jewelry store link for it. Its weird, but really cool, doesn't really bother me, just wondering what in the world it is. I know its a java program that searches for certain words and replaces them with javascript links that match. Even the word java is a link to Sun Software for java, its crazy, any ideas?

I've got something weird on my computer, I'm assuming its a virus. Basically what it is is javascript that pops up whenever people post certain stuff. It happens on every message boards, like when people type good job, or gem, it comes up with good job as a javascript link to Monsters.com and for gem it will have a jewelry store link for it. Its weird, but really cool, doesn't really bother me, just wondering what in the world it is. I know its a java program that searches for certain words and replaces them with javascript links that match. Even the word java is a link to Sun Software for java, its crazy, any ideas?

You should download both programs tony suggested. If you let it keep up the Spy/Adware will continue piling into your computer.

When I tried to download Spy Bot around 3 months ago, it wouldn't let you actually delete the spyware. So my dad just bought the full version...Ad-Ware deletes it for you so I would try Ad-Ware first, my dad did not want Ad-Ware since he thought it would try to convince you after a few tries to sign up for the version and pay for it...

Yep I've had spyware blaster and Ad-Aware for a while now, and neither are catching whatever it is. Its not really harmful I don't think, in fact I think its kind of cool, I just don't want it doing anything I don't know its doing, if its just creating links out of words, then thats fine, just thought it was interesting.