what is this about?

cwsox

Just got the following email from the Sox:

WHITE SOX ANNOUNCE SIGNINGS

TUCSON, Ariz. – The Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms on one-year contracts for the 2003 season with the following 23 players:

Pitchers – Jon Adkins, Edwin Almonte, Felix Diaz, Jon Garland, Matt Ginter, Gary Glover, Corwin Malone, Damaso Marte, Arnaldo Munoz, Mike Porzio, Jon Rauch, David Sanders, Josh Stewart, Brian West and Danny Wright;

Catchers – Miguel Olivo and Josh Paul;

Infielders – Joe Crede, Willie Harris, Tim Hummel and D’Angelo Jimenez;

Outfielders – Joe Borchard and Aaron Rowand.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those assholes....I'm sure this means that Garland, Wright....etc...will all be making more than Buehrle. Holy s***. If Buehrle is pissed as hell at management right now....it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Our savior of the past two years is making slightly over the league minimum(if I'm interpreting this correctly).

Those assholes....I'm sure this means that Garland, Wright....etc...will all be making more than Buehrle.  Holy s***.  If Buehrle is pissed as hell at management right now....it wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

Our savior of the past two years is making slightly over the league minimum(if I'm interpreting this correctly).

How s***ty was the deal they were offering Buerhle? Was his agent greedy or was it nowhere in line with what other young guys of his caliber are getting before they go to arbitration?

I hadn't thought that far ahead - you are way out in front of me - now I am pissed off -

I believe today was the deadline for contracts like these to be turned in...I'm not positive, but I am quite sure of that.

I'm sure Josh Paul is making more than Buehrle....what in the hell is wrong with our organization? They say seasons have their ups and downs....ours have already had enough ups and downs, and we've only played a total of 5 games(including the intrasquad game)

1.How s***ty was the deal they were offering Buerhle?

2. Was his agent greedy or

3. was it nowhere in line with what other young guys of his caliber are getting before they go to arbitration?

1. basically same as last year

2. no

3. yes

Those assholes....I'm sure this means that Garland, Wright....etc...will all be making more than Buehrle.  Holy s***.  If Buehrle is pissed as hell at management right now....it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  

How s***ty was the deal they were offering Buerhle? Was his agent greedy or was it nowhere in line with what other young guys of his caliber are getting before they go to arbitration?

I really have no idea. All I know is that this sucks.

I guess the one thing I do like about Buehrle though is the fact that he just plays baseball for the love of the game....he has said that he really doesn't care what kind of money he receives and that he is going to go out there and try to win them all. The least the organization could do was reward him and give him what his agent was looking for(I'm assuming probably somewhere between $450,000 and $600,000....that is EXTREMELY cheap for one of the best young pitchers in the majors)

Bruce Levine reports that the Sox are still trying to work out a long term deal with Buehrle.

I'm not bashing Mark, but I wish he would just come out and tell the media what he wants. Every time the media asks about a long term deal, he just says that his agent and the Sox couldn't agree.

Yes, in this instance, we do have a guy who doesn't let this bulls*** get in the way of his performance, but I GUARANTEE that he will remember this when 2006 rolls around......and the ridiculous thing is that for a hundred or two (chump change), we would keep the guy happy and feel he was getting the respect he obviously deserves...

Its sort of like taking your wife out to a cheap resturant on your honeymoon....she'll never let you forget....know what I mean?

Guys....nothing to worry about(yet).....just found this...

link

Talks about Buehrle's situation....they have until March 11th to get it done with.  False alarm  :D

that is a relief - 8 days to pray for the Sox to do right by MB

The Sox should look what the Dodgers did with Buerhle and give him something along the lines of 500 - 600 k. They won't though, it will be in the high to mid 3's.

The other guys won't make as much as Garland or at least I doubt they will.

Garland will probably make the most followed by Marte and then it will go off somewhere....I'm assuming Wright and Glover are probably next in that scale.

Something that would make Buehrle smile would be to give him like $1 mill....shows him that the organization truly does appreciate the things he does and what not....and gets some brownie points for signing him long term. I know I post these kinds of things a lot...but I really want Buehrle. He's a workhorse.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Just got the following email from the Sox:

WHITE SOX ANNOUNCE SIGNINGS

TUCSON, Ariz. – The Chicago White Sox have agreed to terms on one-year contracts for the 2003 season with the following 23 players:

Pitchers – Jon Adkins, Edwin Almonte, Felix Diaz, Jon Garland, Matt Ginter, Gary Glover, Corwin Malone, Damaso Marte, Arnaldo Munoz, Mike Porzio, Jon Rauch, David Sanders, Josh Stewart, Brian West and Danny Wright;

Catchers – Miguel Olivo and Josh Paul;

Infielders – Joe Crede, Willie Harris, Tim Hummel and D’Angelo Jimenez;

Outfielders – Joe Borchard and Aaron Rowand.

they foregot to tell ya cw .. this is the new team.. they had to fire or shoot( out to pasture) half the old team due to age or reaccuring injury or even salary restraints..... so for the 2003 season this is who you will see on the field and in the lineups day to day... they sent you that so you wouldnt be confused since some of the money they spent on hitmen and such was not able to go to new uniforms... so guys who didnt already have a jersey with name and number are now going to be dawning the guys number and name who they replaced.......it may be a bit confusing in the begining but im sure youll catch on .......... :D

If they don't show Buehrle a long term contract or at least a decently sized one for this year, i'd say the hell to the sox and move on to St. Louis. While he's not a sure thing, 2 excellent years is enough to get you somewhere. I'd rather have the mistake of locking him up to a long term contract and having him falter than to have him go elsewhere and continue to produce at this level (or higher) for years to come. This situation just really pisses me off, and i'm just waiting for the day where i wake up and it's all over. I don't want to think of Mark in another uniform anytime soon. Lefthanded starting pitchers of this caliber don't grow on trees.

If they don't show Buehrle a long term contract or at least a decently sized one for this year, i'd say the hell to the sox and move on to St. Louis. While he's not a sure thing, 2 excellent years is enough to get you somewhere. I'd rather have the mistake of locking him up to a long term contract and having him falter than to have him go elsewhere and continue to produce at this level (or higher) for years to come. This situation just really pisses me off, and i'm just waiting for the day where i wake up and it's all over. I don't want to think of Mark in another uniform anytime soon. Lefthanded starting pitchers of this caliber don't grow on trees.

Couldn't agree more, Koch.....I mean, think of the investment the Sox have made with Buerhle since, what 1996?...so many guys just don't pan out, and to finally have one end up to be an almost 20-game winner and AllStar....you gotta shake your head when the org, uh KW and JR, give us the bulls*** line about s*** that they have done in the past....give me a break...Buerhle can be an exception to the rule....HE HAS EARNED IT.

KW, get it done, right. :angry:

I'd rather have the mistake of locking him up to a long term contract and having him falter than to have him go elsewhere and continue to produce at this level (or higher) for years to come.

Too bad JR doesn't see things this way. His "No Longterm Contracts for Starting Pitchers" bulls*** is gonna (probably already has) drive MB to the likes of the St. Louis Cardinals. I'd hate to see MB go, but with the way the White Sox have been treating him and the Organization's refusal to acknowledge his dominance over the past two seasons, I'd be happy just to see MB go somewhere where he will be appreciated. Even though he and the Sox have yet to work something out, MB is a consummate professional who never lets the money get in the way of his pitching..... as evidenced by 2002's 19-win campaign.

Garland is only going to make 375,000 this year - it was in the Trib. Buehrle is definitely going to make more than that even if he doesn't sign the long term deal they are trying to work out. The amount being reported is 435,000. Me thinks we worry too much.

Me thinks we worry too much.

We worry because there is no reason, especially with the payroll as low as it currently is, why the White Sox cannot offer MB a longterm deal. The last time this happened, we lost a Cy Young Award winner. I know he didn't amount to much after leaving the White Sox, but BlackJack isn't Mark Buehrle either. With the prospect of losing Colon very real after this season, we need to lock up our real number one starter now.

Me thinks we worry too much.

We worry because there is no reason, especially with the payroll as low as it currently is, why the White Sox cannot offer MB a longterm deal. The last time this happened, we lost a Cy Young Award winner. I know he didn't amount to much after leaving the White Sox, but BlackJack isn't Mark Buehrle either. With the prospect of losing Colon very real after this season, we need to lock up our real number one starter now.

from your mouth to God's ear CK so that God can kick the sox GM stagg in the butt and get them busy offering to and signing Buehrle for what he deserves.

If youy have one shot one opportunity, to have the pitcher you always wanted - sign him to a long term deal!

Better not let him slip away!

The Sox should look what the Dodgers did with Buerhle and give him something along the lines of 500 - 600 k.  They won't though, it will be in the high to mid 3's. 

The other guys won't make as much as Garland or at least I doubt they will.

I could have swore Mark was looking for CC money..? Which is a LOT more than $500K if I remember correctly. Although I've been so wrapped up in moving stuff the past 2 weeks I could be wrong.