July 4th hangover? We need a game thread boyz

sox-r-us

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Ruination comes in at 100+ IBUs. A good distraction after games like tonight...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Greg Koch / Stone Brewing Co.

5/20/2002 (760) 471-4999

Stone Brewing on the Path to Ruination

San Marcos, CA --- "In the ever continuing quest by Stone Brewing to appeal to the masses…." No, scratch that. Hmm, let’s try "Stone Brewing's new release destined for trendy appeal…." Nope. Hardly. OK, how about "New brew from Stone Brewing likely to be a hit amongst light beer fans…." Ouch.

Way off base. Nowhere even close.

The real lead-in line should of course read "Stone Brewing, experts in

pushing the limits of the IPA style, brews up another winner." And a winner it is. Patterned after the famous Stone Anniversary IPAs, this new brew is born. Weighing in at massive 100+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) and 7.7% alc/vol, this baby is a screamer!

And the name? Stone Ruination IPA. So named, the bottle's label states,

"because of the immediate ruinous effect on your palate." Stone Ruination IPA is the first new year-round release from Stone Brewing since the introduction of the infamous Arrogant Bastard Ale more than four and a half years ago. "It is a really big deal for us to decide to release Stone Ruination IPA on a year-round basis," said Stone CEO Greg Koch. Stone Ruination IPA will be the fifth beer that the brewery will make available all the time, adding to their current line up of Stone Pale Ale, Stone Smoked Porter, Stone IPA and Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Not surprisingly, those who seek, crave and rejoice in beers with big, bold bitter character will find true nirvana in Stone Ruination IPA. However, Stone CEO Greg Koch comments "I have found it quite interesting that people who previously felt that bitterness in beer was unappealing have discovered joy in the startlingly bracing and uniquely refreshing bitter character of Stone Anniversary IPAs." Still, Stone wouldn't go so far as to recommend Stone Ruination IPA to someone who prefers drinks that taste like LifeSavers candies. "This beer is, after all, a celebration of hoppiness," reports Koch, which may explain the phrase on the front of the Ruination IPA's label that reads "A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop."

Stone Ruination IPA will be released on Monday, June 10th, 2002 in Southern California. Following soon after will be selected areas in Northern California, Arizona, Oregon, Alaska, Virginia, Pennsylvania.

Stone Ruination IPA will be available in 22oz bottles. There will be no draft.

Stone Brewing is located at 155 Mata Way in San Marcos, CA. For more info, go to www.stonebrew.com or call the brewery at (760) 471-4999.

Yes, the Ruination comes in at 100+ IBUs.  A good distraction after games like tonight...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Greg Koch / Stone Brewing Co.

5/20/2002 (760) 471-4999

Stone Brewing on the Path to Ruination

San Marcos, CA --- "In the ever continuing quest by Stone Brewing to appeal to the masses…." No, scratch that. Hmm, let’s try "Stone Brewing's new release destined for trendy appeal…." Nope. Hardly. OK, how about "New brew from Stone Brewing likely to be a hit amongst light beer fans…." Ouch.

Way off base. Nowhere even close.

The real lead-in line should of course read "Stone Brewing, experts in

pushing the limits of the IPA style, brews up another winner." And a winner it is. Patterned after the famous Stone Anniversary IPAs, this new brew is born. Weighing in at massive 100+ IBUs (International Bitterness Units) and 7.7% alc/vol, this baby is a screamer!

And the name? Stone Ruination IPA. So named, the bottle's label states,

"because of the immediate ruinous effect on your palate." Stone Ruination IPA is the first new year-round release from Stone Brewing since the introduction of the infamous Arrogant Bastard Ale more than four and a half years ago. "It is a really big deal for us to decide to release Stone Ruination IPA on a year-round basis," said Stone CEO Greg Koch. Stone Ruination IPA will be the fifth beer that the brewery will make available all the time, adding to their current line up of Stone Pale Ale, Stone Smoked Porter, Stone IPA and Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Not surprisingly, those who seek, crave and rejoice in beers with big, bold bitter character will find true nirvana in Stone Ruination IPA. However, Stone CEO Greg Koch comments "I have found it quite interesting that people who previously felt that bitterness in beer was unappealing have discovered joy in the startlingly bracing and uniquely refreshing bitter character of Stone Anniversary IPAs." Still, Stone wouldn't go so far as to recommend Stone Ruination IPA to someone who prefers drinks that taste like LifeSavers candies. "This beer is, after all, a celebration of hoppiness," reports Koch, which may explain the phrase on the front of the Ruination IPA's label that reads "A Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop."

Stone Ruination IPA will be released on Monday, June 10th, 2002 in Southern California. Following soon after will be selected areas in Northern California, Arizona, Oregon, Alaska, Virginia, Pennsylvania.

Stone Ruination IPA will be available in 22oz bottles. There will be no draft.

Stone Brewing is located at 155 Mata Way in San Marcos, CA. For more info, go to www.stonebrew.com or call the brewery at (760) 471-4999.

Beautiful. I'm trying my best to swing Denver for GABF this year. I'll probably camp out at the Stone booth.

Alas, I'll have to make due with a 2002 Sierra Bigfoot that I have chilled in the fridge - not a bad consolation prize.

:cheers keep drinking the good stuff.

Sometimes, when two people walk before you, the best pitch you get to hit is the first one since the pitcher will put it in the heart of the plate to not get behind

Trust me, the logic works both ways....I have seen so MANY hits on the first pitch after two walks that score runs....considering Lee smoked it, it proves my point....he got unlucky.... :banghead

Exactly.

Lee got his pitch, didn't try to pull it, hit it hard to CF-RCF and its trajectory just took it to CF Anderson. Oh well, that's baseball for you -- if Carlos caught the ball of the end of his bat, that's a 2-run bloop single.

The game was decided by Lackey not being afraid of the Sox and Sox hitters (Thomas got numerous middle of the plate fastballs and just fouled them back) AND by Garcia hanging a f***ing slider to Devanon in a crucial situation, Christian Guzman-style. :puke

Another bad loss. Loaiza didn't step up on Friday and Garcia didn't pitch like an ace today. Right now our offense is incapable of overcoming mediocre pitching performances.

A frustrated fan's vent:

Neal Cotts: Many relief pichers have an entrance song that gets played when they come into a game. "Hells Bells", for Trevor Hoffman, for example. I've got your song -- "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino.

Over the last ten games, the Sox have given up home runs to Rey Ordonez, Christian Guzman, and Jeff DaVanon. That's 9 combined HR's from this bunch this season, 1/3rd courtesy of our pitching staff. I think Willie Harris would want to demand a trade to another AL Central team, pronto.

And speaking of Willie Harris, stop the f***ing fake bunts on the first pitch, please? Every pitcher has figured out you take the first pitch, and you haven't had a bunt hit in months. Try smacking one of those first pitch fastballs for a change, it couldn't hurt your current 4-for-40something streak.

Hi, I'm Joe Crede. I suck. Thank You.

Poor Frank Thomas. "Me no likey pinch-hitting. Now my poor head is messed up for weeks since big bad Ozzie benched me for 3 games."

And the count moves to 2 and 2 on Jose Valentin, Lackey gets the signal from Molina. Wait! The Jumbotron just revealed the pitch Molina is calling for! This is unbelieveable! The whole stadium can see that Molina has called for a breaking pitch low and out of the strike zone! Here's the windup, the pitch, Valentin swings and misses.

Ahhh, I feel better. For now.