Whatup wit Neal?

mmmmmbeeer

Since May 1st Neal has just been awful. Horrible. May finished with a 7.00ERA/1.67WHIP and Jun finished with an 8.68ERA/1.61WHIP. So far he's off to a 54.00ERA/9.00WHIP in July.

I didn't get to watch the game last night due to some softball games. Got home, flipped over to sportsline before jumping in the shower, and see bases loaded/nobody out with Cotts on the mound in a 4-2 game. Why is Cotts, considering the way he's been pitching, in a 4-2 game in the top of the 9th? I don't get it. Especially after the 1st two men get on base.

I think Neal will be an effective starter in a couple of seasons, it's obvious he's not cut out for the BP (BP as in bullpen, he is cut out for the other BP). Send him down to Charlotte to master the SP thing, he's doing us no good in Chicago.

Since May 1st Neal has just been awful.  Horrible.  May finished with a 7.00ERA/1.67WHIP and Jun finished with an 8.68ERA/1.61WHIP.  So far he's off to a 54.00ERA/9.00WHIP in July.

I didn't get to watch the game last night due to some softball games.  Got home, flipped over to sportsline before jumping in the shower, and see bases loaded/nobody out with Cotts on the mound in a 4-2 game.  Why is Cotts, considering the way he's been pitching, in a 4-2 game in the top of the 9th?  I don't get it.  Especially after the 1st two men get on base.

I think Neal will be an effective starter in a couple of seasons, it's obvious he's not cut out for the BP (BP as in bullpen, he is cut out for the other BP).  Send him down to Charlotte to master the SP thing, he's doing us no good in Chicago.

Trade em to Seattle and get Guardado.

By the way, off subject, but when is Davis going to play?

Since May 1st Neal has just been awful.  Horrible.  May finished with a 7.00ERA/1.67WHIP and Jun finished with an 8.68ERA/1.61WHIP.  So far he's off to a 54.00ERA/9.00WHIP in July.

I didn't get to watch the game last night due to some softball games.  Got home, flipped over to sportsline before jumping in the shower, and see bases loaded/nobody out with Cotts on the mound in a 4-2 game.  Why is Cotts, considering the way he's been pitching, in a 4-2 game in the top of the 9th?  I don't get it.  Especially after the 1st two men get on base.

I think Neal will be an effective starter in a couple of seasons, it's obvious he's not cut out for the BP (BP as in bullpen, he is cut out for the other BP).  Send him down to Charlotte to master the SP thing, he's doing us no good in Chicago.

I never understood those people who thought that Cotts was a major league pitcher. He is a minor league pitcher and belongs there. All the Sox are doing right now is screwing with his head and making him less effective for next year or the year after - when he really should have been brought up.

He sure as hell doesn’t look like a starting pitcher to me the way he’s been pitching. I agree, send him down to Charlotte, he should stay there for some time because he isn’t doing us any good.

I have to disagree....Cotts is a big league pitcher. Remember how lights-out he was to begin the season??? He had an ERA just above 1.00...then do you remember what happened?? Ozzie needed a 5th starter and sent Cotts out there (after he went out of his way to say Cotts WILL remain in the bullpen, because of how well he was throwing). I look for him to come back to form after the break. You may disagree, but he will end up playing a major part in winning ballgames for us!!