Mac, Jurko, Harry sounding off on Mariotti...again

CSF

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is guys like Mariotti that is going to cause the Sox to move their broadcast down the dial to 670 once their deal with 1000 is up.

here is something i posted on wsi about the sox radio moves for the 06 season

In general reinsdorf has 2 big probelms on his hands for the 06 season. 1 he will not get any deal with any station for what he thinks he will get. Second the snore wont take em because they will have to get rid of a certain morining host and a certain mid day host which they will not do, and jay hood would never have a show.

780 would only do it if they where either paid to broadcast it, and it would have to be worth it for them to do it. The yankees r on WCBS in NY but i dont know there deal and i dont know how they got WCBS to get off the all news format durring the summer.

There r only 2 logical places for the sox. 890 or 1000. There is a probelm over at 1000 with the program director Len Weiner and every 1 favorite moron Jay Mariotti. Bob Synder was fired as the gm a few weeks ago for fighting with Reinsdorf, and Len Weiner survived some how. Now with the moron's latest rant on U.S Cellular Field and what happened on Mac, Jurko, and Harry things could break loose agian if the moron starts something agian.

The sox will either end up getting a normal deal at 890 or 1000 with the Bulls included or paying for broadcast rights for both teams on 890 or 1000. The Blackhawks had a problem so they decided to pay the score to broadcast there games in Chicago. One way or another Uncle Jerry is not going to like his options.

hope this helps

I swear, Mariotti is the BIGGEST cry baby I have EVER heard. You are NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about him EVER! He can rip you all he wants, but the SECOND you rip him, he goes on the offensive.

k.

What else do you expect from a man with no integrity and no spine, to say nothing of knowledge and love of the game -- any game?

The word "soul-less" gets thrown around a lot, but that's exactly what Mariotti is.

*shudder*

Second  the snore wont take em because they will have to get rid of a certain morining host and a certain mid day host which they will not do, and jay hood would never have a show.

1) Which hosts would get canned and why?

2) I have it on pretty good athority that JR is seriously looking at trying to get the Score

3) The Sox would get better ratings than JHood, so why wouldnt the Score like that option?

What else do you expect from a man with no integrity and no spine, to say nothing of knowledge and love of the game -- any game?

The word "soul-less" gets thrown around a lot, but that's exactly what Mariotti is.   

*shudder*

mac said today on his show when ripping mariotti why are you in sports journolism if you dont even like sports.

1) Which hosts would get canned and why?

2) I have it on pretty good athority that JR is seriously looking at trying to get the Score

3) The Sox would get better ratings than JHood, so why wouldnt the Score like that option?

they would have to can murph and his cub zoo show and mike north.

jr maybe looking at the score but in the end if they dont get rid of some hosts on the score then jr wont be happy.

they would have to can murph and his cub zoo show and mike north.

jr maybe looking at the score but in the end if they dont get rid of some hosts on the score then jr wont be happy.

I dont think North would be canned. According to an article I read a while back, it is BECAUSE of North that JR might be looking at the score. the know each other well.

Here is what I would do if I ran the Score and they got the Sox....

Fred and someone else: 5:30-9

Me and Z or JHood: 9-Noon

Dan and Terry: 12-4

North: 4-8 (4-7 when there is a Sox game)

Kerner, Laurence Holmes, Jesse Rodgers, or some new talent 8-11

I dont think North would be canned. According to an article I read a while back, it is BECAUSE of North that JR might be looking at the score. the know each other well.

Here is what I would do if I ran the Score and they got the Sox....

Fred and someone else: 5:30-9

Me and Z or JHood: 9-Noon

Dan and Terry: 12-4

North: 4-8 (4-7 when there is a Sox game)

Kerner, Laurence Holmes, Jesse Rodgers, or some new talent 8-11

all i know is that the shakeup at espn1000 that happened was to make jr happy. and that came from the abc radio heads in dallas. len weiner and the moron jay mariotti should be on there way out of espn1000. espn1000 cant survive with out the bulls and sox. yesterday mac almost walked off the air yesterday in protest and something did go down after they went off the air today. or really yesterday. but anyway things that r going down at espn1000 r to please jr and basically asking him to stay but not at the high price he wants. the score wont give the high price. and if north and jr r good freinds why didn't north ever goto wmvp when jerry ran it? it should be interesting radio tomrow morning. and if jim pastor was smart(hes the new gm at espn1000) go and get me and z for the 9-12 slot on espn1000 or just have the herd until they find some1 capable of hosting a radio with out fighting with every1

They are also pissed that management said they couldn't have callers rip on Mariotti during "critics at extra large" yesterday. The segment got cut real early last night. They are letting callers go off on him later. I have been laughing aloud at the first half hour of this show. It's just great to listen to Mariotti bashing.

Yup, and I really didn't understand why they couldn't. I only caught half he segment though.

I swear, Mariotti is the BIGGEST cry baby I have EVER heard. You are NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about him EVER! He can rip you all he wants, but the SECOND you rip him, he goes on the offensive.

Last week (I think), Mac, Jurko, and Harry were commenting about something Mariotti said. They disagreed with him and said he was wrong. Mariotti got on the phone with the PD and DEMANDED they stop. For the love of god Jay, if you are going to dish it out, at least be able to take it back.

:headbang

McNeil gets day in penalty box

By Jim Kirk

Tribune staff reporter

July 8, 2004

WMVP-AM 1000 co-afternoon personality Dan McNeil will be off the air on Thursday in the wake of an ongoing on-air feud with Sun-Times columnist and station mid-morning personality Jay Mariotti that had grown heated during the past few days.

"He's got the day off," said station president and general manager Jim Pastor, who denied that McNeil was being suspended.

Pastor wouldn't say whether McNeil would be off the air Friday as well before heading off on a scheduled vacation next week. McNeil couldn't be reached for comment.

McNeil's on-air shots followed Mariotti's confrontation last week with White Sox TV play-by-play announcer Ken "Hawk" Harrelson at a Sox game in Minnesota.

Mac's always been my favorite radio personality, since his days with Jiggits on the Score. I just wish he wouldn't get suspended so much.

It's not like what he's saying is inflammatory or anything. He's probably suspended due to something he said during their meeting after yesterday's show.

I'm not up on the Chicago radio scene, but anyone else who caught Around the Horn yesterday saw a pretty hilarious job by Woody Paige of mocking Marriotti. He taped these giant eyebrows to his face, everyone was cracking up.

I'm not up on the Chicago radio scene, but anyone else who caught Around the Horn yesterday saw a pretty hilarious job by Woody Paige of mocking Marriotti.  He taped these giant eyebrows to his face, everyone was cracking up.

The day before that though Woody Paige took a shot at Hawk... He said something like Kenny Harrelson was the one player he would pay money to see, regardless of the team. ... Jay almost fell over laughing.

Speaking of radio hosts in trouble.

JHood went all goofy last week doing a parody of the "Wiseguys" show.

Talking all "Chicago-ey" while saying semi-racist stuff and playing Dean Martin songs over and over.

Was that a planned thing or did he get in trouble?

Anyone know?

i really dont know why mariotti is still on the espn1000. i dont know why len weiner is still the program director. any1 have any inside info on the whole thing? i do think the people in dallas will step in soon like they did when they fired bob snyder and they will get rid of len and mariotti.