Mac, Jurko, Harry sounding off on Mariotti...again

CSF

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

both mariotti and mac where given the day off today and tomorow i think. im waiting to hear back from some1 to see if they have any new details on the feud. a change is a must cause u know mariotti will bash mac next week when hes on vacation

If I was the PD, Id be hoping Jay hits Mac hard next week. And that Mac takes Kotex boy down right back. Mac might even call in his own show to sound it off.

If I was the PD, Id be hoping Jay hits Mac hard next week. And that Mac takes Kotex boy down right back. Mac might even call in his own show to sound it off.

if i where the program director mariotti would be gone. i know hes len weiner guy, but i would lay my ass on the line and say to my boss the gm listen i screwed up jay isnot working out we need to find another host. plain out and simple. but len weiner is too hard headed to relize he creating rifts in the station. bob synder was fired for doing that with his anti-reinsdorf rant and stance.

Mariotti is nothing else but a master of using the media and the masses to get rich and notorious. He is the master contrarian. The only popular figure that he didn't trash was MJ, and I'm surprised Mariotti could type his column while cupping MJ's balls. 99% of the population enjoys The Beatles. The Beatles? Overrated noise that Mariotti finds unlistenable. Abraham Lincoln? Too tall and needs to get rid of that mole. '85 Bears? Worst team to ever go 18-1! He goes the opposite way to generate talk and anger, and unfortunately, it works. I wonder if the money is worth it if he can't go into a bar without getting his ass kicked.

Glad to see someone here understands what's up.

Youre fighting for a very small niche audience as a percentage of the general market. To win that niche, you need to outshine your competition as much as possible. Something like this, just highlights why people would find ESPN 1000 more entertaining than the Score, because they are so passionate, they fight each other about sports.

This has got you all entranced - tell me why that isn't good for them?

im really starting to hate mariotti and what im was told by a member of the media they hate how he lies about his feud. be man you jackass. ok now that im done with my rant heres is the articale from the trib on the feud including his lie. we all know he was givin the day off cause of the feud. not because hes tired.

WMVP duo asked to 'take a breather'

By Jim Kirk

Tribune staff reporter

July 8, 2004, 9:26 PM CDT

WMVP-AM 1000 afternoon personality Dan McNeil wasn't the only one off the air Thursday. Turns out his recent on-air sparring partner, Jay Mariotti, the Sun-Times columnist who does a mid-morning show on the station, was off the air too.

Their on-air feud apparently reached a boiling point this week with management, which has a policy about on-air personalities taking shots at each other.

Reached Thursday, McNeil said the two were on the bench and wouldn't be on the air Friday. Mariotti denies he was asked off. He said he had asked for the days off earlier in the week, adding that he had been on the road on a number of Cubs road trips and needed the time.

Len Weiner, the sports-talk station's program director, said the two weren't suspended.

"I'm treating them to a couple of vacation days," he said. "Every once in a while we need to step back and take a breather. I can't wait for them to get back on the air."

The two personalities have been sniping at each other for days over comments McNeil made about a run-in Mariotti had last week with his other feuding partner, White Sox broadcaster Ken "Hawk" Harrelson. WMVP is also the White Sox's flagship station.

When asked whether he might have to make a change given that the two personalities are not getting along, Weiner answered emphatically, "No."

McNeil, who co-anchors the station's afternoon show, is headed on a scheduled vacation next week and isn't due to return to the station until July 19.

Mariotti is due back on the station Monday.

i hate mariotti