Good Problem to have

soxfan420

it seems like most of our young pitchers are holding there own in spring traning diaz throwing 3 scoreless innings, wunsch throwing 3 scoreless innings, Malone throwing 3 scoreless innings, and this is in "air inflated" this could be a sign of good things to come.

this is only a couple of guys having an era under 3.50, our problem might be we have to many good pitchers :)

it seems like most of our young pitchers are holding there own in spring traning diaz throwing 3 scoreless innings, wunsch throwing 3 scoreless innings, Malone throwing 3 scoreless innings, and this is in "air inflated" this could be a sign of good things to come.

this is only a couple of guys having an era under 3.50, our problem might be we have to many good pitchers :)

You can never have too many good pitchers. We've already got one guy hurting (Wright). Seems to be minor, but at this point who knows?

You can never have too many good pitchers. We've already got one guy hurting (Wright). Seems to be minor, but at this point who knows?

Yeah, I totally agree, you can NEVER have too many good pitchers....but, it does keep me wondering:

Who will be the 11 or 12 JM takes up north?

Looks to me like these guys are definate: Colon, Buerhle, Garland, Wright, Marte, Wunsch, Koch, White and Gordon.....that's 9.

Assuming no injuries to the above, who would be the remaining 2 or 3 between Loaiza, Heredia, Rauch, Munoz, Porzio, Almonte, Diaz, Ginter, Glover, Adkins, Stewart, Malone and Sanders?

For what its worth, I think Loaiza or Rauch, Glover are the most likely, with Munoz (the additional lefty) possibly the other....

thoughts?

Yeah, I totally agree, you can NEVER have too many good pitchers....but, it does keep me wondering:

Who will be the 11 or 12 JM takes up north?

Looks to me like these guys are definate: Colon, Buerhle, Garland, Wright, Marte, Wunsch, Koch, White and Gordon.....that's 9.

Assuming no injuries to the above, who would be the remaining 2 or 3 between Loaiza, Heredia, Rauch, Munoz, Porzio, Almonte, Diaz, Ginter, Glover, Adkins, Stewart, Malone and Sanders?

For what its worth, I think Loaiza or Rauch, Glover are the most likely, with Munoz (the additional lefty) possibly the other....

thoughts?

I think Glover is a lock and Wunsch can possibly be beaten out by Munoz.

Yeah, that long lefty relief spot is definately going to be a nice battle to watch...I'm just giving the edge to Wunsch because of his experience and they may want to give Munoz some innings at Charlotte to see how he handles himself there....will be interesting...

Too many good pitchers is never a bad thing. Look at the Yankees for example. 7 starters!? They can't be upset with them cause they signed them all and none of them are flat out horrible. Our pitching staff is looking really bright coming into the regular season.

I think Wunsch is in big trouble.

Hmmm...he's thrown 3 scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts. I know that the other lefties are doing well also, but I would think it's Kelly's job to lose -- so if he keeps this up, he'll be on the team. If he struggles...who knows.

I think Wunsch is in big trouble.

Hmmm...he's thrown 3 scoreless innings with 4 strikeouts. I know that the other lefties are doing well also, but I would think it's Kelly's job to lose -- so if he keeps this up, he'll be on the team. If he struggles...who knows.

He is doing well in Spring Training and he fought to keep his job on the Sox pitching staff this offseason. I believe he will be on our list of relievers for opening day, but he will have to be exceptional to stay in the Majors with our newly added relievers like White and Gordon.

He is doing well in Spring Training and he fought to keep his job on the Sox pitching staff this offseason. I believe he will be on our list of relievers for opening day, but he will have to be exceptional to stay in the Majors with our newly added relievers like White and Gordon.

Well, as you know, it really isn't going to matter what guys like White do because they aren't competing with Wunsch. The people competing with Wunsch are the young lefties. We're going to have (at least) 2 lefties in the pen, and IMO, it's Wunsch's job to lose. Marte is set, obviously, so that leaves Wunsch, Porzio, and the youngies that are in ST for the first time this year. They're going to have to take the job from Kelly.

We're going to have (at least) 2 lefties in the pen, and IMO, it's Wunsch's job to lose.  Marte is set, obviously, so that leaves Wunsch, Porzio, and the youngies that are in ST for the first time this year.  They're going to have to take the job from Kelly.

I agree - and now maybe Porzio is out.

I want to see Kelly on our opening day roster - the only pitcher we still have from the 2000 team -

We're going to have (at least) 2 lefties in the pen, and IMO, it's Wunsch's job to lose.  Marte is set, obviously, so that leaves Wunsch, Porzio, and the youngies that are in ST for the first time this year.  They're going to have to take the job from Kelly.

I want to see Kelly on our opening day roster - the only pitcher we still have from the 2000 team -

Not entirely true cw....Buehrle was on the team for atleast part of the year....I know from about July 19th or 20th on(because I got to see his first career win, and I believe that was also his first career start....hehe :D ). And Garland was on the team for a little....however, his 6.00+ ERA from that year is nothing to write home about.

Otherwise....you're right on.

We're going to have (at least) 2 lefties in the pen, and IMO, it's Wunsch's job to lose.  Marte is set, obviously, so that leaves Wunsch, Porzio, and the youngies that are in ST for the first time this year.  They're going to have to take the job from Kelly.

Kelly is, most likely, on the Opening Day roster after that s***ty outing by Porzio against the sCrUBS today. One game like that in ST could make or break a fringe guy like Porzio.

You can definitely scratch Adkins and Malone from that list.

You can almost definitely scratch Diaz, Almonte and Stewart. Stewart's only real chance is if there is Wright can't go and he keeps plugging away and the vets and Rauch fail.

I would give an edge to Glover over Porzio or Ginter, but the possibility of Loaiza or Heredia sticking and pitching out of the pen could jeopardize all three of these guys.

My best guess is that if Wright is good to go on Opening Day, then Loaiza is your 5th starter, with Heredia either pitching out of the pen or asking for his release. Rauch will likely start in AAA in that scenario. If Wright is hurt and can't go, then lots of scenarios are possible.

Guest hotsoxchick1

You can definitely scratch Adkins and Malone from that list. 

You can almost definitely scratch Diaz, Almonte and Stewart.  Stewart's only real chance is if there is Wright can't go and he keeps plugging away and the vets and Rauch fail.

I would give an edge to Glover over Porzio or Ginter, but the possibility of Loaiza or Heredia sticking and pitching out of the pen could jeopardize all three of these guys.

My best guess is that if Wright is good to go on Opening Day, then Loaiza is your 5th starter, with Heredia either pitching out of the pen or asking for his release.  Rauch will likely start in AAA in that scenario.  If Wright is hurt and can't go, then lots of scenarios are possible.

i think thats pretty good there rex.... although stewart is impressing some down there, we may see him sooner than later i think.... wright may be in trouble with his arm hes been having some problems with soreness around the elbow......im thinking rauch will be up with us only because wright may need some down time.. (isnt it his turn anyhow???) i think it was a good move on kw's part to get heredia and loaiza as insurance at this point......

Guest hotsoxchick1
i think it was a good move on kw's part to get heredia and loaiza as insurance at this point......

This is one for the history books folks..... HSC is finally giving KW a little bit of credit! Mark down the date and time everyone ;)

hey i always give him credit when hes due it.... geez where have you been.... this is actually the first time since he left the minor leagues he did something that actually makes any sense........ :D

i think it was a good move on kw's part to get heredia and loaiza as insurance at this point......

This is one for the history books folks..... HSC is finally giving KW a little bit of credit! Mark down the date and time everyone ;)

hey i always give him credit when hes due it.... geez where have you been.... this is actually the first time since he left the minor leagues he did something that actually makes any sense........ :D

Aight..... if you're going to make me get technical..... HSC is finally giving KW a little bit of credit as GM :P

Guest hotsoxchick1

Aight..... if you're going to make me get technical..... HSC is finally giving KW a little bit of credit as GM :P

:fyou lol