7/12 Games

danman31

Winston-Salem lost 3-2 to Kinston. 2 hits and a HR for Brice, 2 hits and a double for Lopez. Josh Fields went 1-3 with a double and a walk. Box Score

Charlotte and Birmingham are off during the all-star break for some reason. The Warthogs are now off a couple days in a row as well.

Kanny starts at 6:05. Great Falls starts at 8:05. Bristol starts at 6:00.

Charlotte and Birmingham are off during the all-star break for some reason. The Warthogs are now off a couple days in a row as well.

For all-star games perhaps???

Southern League game is same time as the MLB game (dumb, dumb, dumb idea) and AAA game is at 6:00 Wednesday on ESPN2.

The Southern League game is on CSS which is picked up by Comcast in the Southeast and by some Charter areas.

AAA game is at 6:00 Wednesday on ESPN2.

I think that they need to start having the AAA All-Star game in Memphis more. They have, by far, the best stadium in all of minor league baseball, and atmosphere at the games is incredible for a minor league game.

For all-star games perhaps???

Southern League game is same time as the MLB game (dumb, dumb, dumb idea) and AAA game is at 6:00 Wednesday on ESPN2.

Ahhh, forgot about that. I thought it had something to do with the MLB All-Star game which I thought was stupid. That must be why the Hogs are off 2 days in a row, but it makes sense for AA and AAA. They should still stagger the all-star games a bit.

It's nice to see Brice do well b/c he's really been struggling in W-S.

Exactly, I hope he can stay in Winston Salem for the rest of the year, because Nanita is putting some serious pressure on him down in Kanny.

Bristol won 7-6. Tartaglia was 3-5 w/ a rbi. De Los Santos was 0-4 w/ a BB. Manuel Rodriguez was 1-5 w/ a double and rbi. Jay Marshall started and got the no decision, giving up 2 ER in 5.2 IP. James Casey got pretty roughed up (3 ER in 0.2 IP). Nick Lemon and Carlos Torres, who got the win, both pitched scoreless inning(s) of relief. Bristol Box

Schnur's avg. is up to .288 now; He has raised his avg. like 35 points in about a month or so. Also, it great to see Gray to keep hitting well (1-3 tonight w/ a double and BB). I really like this guy a lot when we drafted him in the 25th round last year b/c of something I read about him. I forgot exactly what it said, but it was just about him and how his senior year stats were down b/c something happened. Anyway, every since then I've liked him, and hope he keeps it up!

Great Falls lost 5-4. Adam Ricks was 2-4. Daren Roberts was also 2-4 w/ a double and a rbi. Deuchler was 1-4 w/ a double and 2 rbi. Lucy was 0-3. Hansen started the game, but took got the no decision, giving up 4 runs in 5 IP. He also recorded 5 k's. Demetrius Banks was very good, pitching 2.1 scoreless innings of relief. Great Falls Box

:D Schnur 3-4 tonight.  Hitting streak at 12 games. He hitting .396 over those games!  Kanny playing well but the few mistakes they make really hurt them.

He looked good in the game. Pulled two singles and hit the other opposite field. He's was working the counts deeper which is something he said the Sox were working on when we interviewed with him today.

Seemed like a great guy and he's really been playing good as of late. Another interesting stat on him is this season he's hitting poor against lefties (something you don't expect from a righty) but is hitting somewhere in the .290 range against righties.

Miller got the loss. Kanny Box

Miller pitched good tonight. Walks got the best of him, but no one hit him hard. However, take note that BA was way off when they talk about him having easy gas. He was hitting 91 early in the game, but later in the game was maxing out around 87.

However, his curveball was much better then advertised and he effectively used his changeup.

Kirk Champion was sitting next to us at the game tonight and I got to talk with him a bit. Very cool guy, who really enjoys the whole roving job. Didn't mention much about the prospects other then the fact that you have the typical busts, but said their were a lot of pitchers in the organization he thought highly of right now.

Also said in his years, he's learned a lot of guys you doubt end up proving you wrong.

Another interesting stat on him is this season he's hitting poor against lefties (something you don't expect from a righty) but is hitting somewhere in the .290 range against righties.

Through tonight, to be exact....... .300 against RH's and .231 vs LH's......