Is anyone worried about Det like me?

Allsox

For some reason, there's something about the Tigers that has me worried....Maybe it stems from last yr when the Tigers beat Esteban 1 - 0 twice last yr and went 8 - 11 against the Sox....This yr, they've been putting up a ton of runs so it wouldn't surprise me if those games look like Nintendo scores....I just have this bad feeling that they match up well against us and be like the Twins of 02 when the Sox couldn't figure them out :unsure:

Can someone tell me I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill or that I'm smoking some really good crack? :D

Well we usually play horrible against the bad teams, and great against the better teams. The Tigers are now an improved and better team than last year's version, so we should have no problem beating them. :D

However, the Tigers are definitely not going to lay over and let us just walk right to the division championship. Those 19 games against Detroit are going to be crucial to our success in the 2nd half. That's a great chunk of games against one team to play during the stretch.

I'm very worried about Detroit. For one, we had a hard enough time with them last year (probably cost us the division). And two, they are much improved than last year. Also, playing a team 19 times in that little time, if they hit a hot streak or we get cold (like now) then it could be problematic.

For some reason, there's something about the Tigers that has me worried....Maybe it stems from last yr when the Tigers beat Esteban 1 - 0 twice last yr and went 8 - 11 against the Sox....This yr, they've been putting up a ton of runs so it wouldn't surprise me if those games look like Nintendo scores....I just have this bad feeling that they match up well against us and be like the Twins of 02 when the Sox couldn't figure them out  :unsure:

Can someone tell me I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill or that I'm smoking some really good crack?  :D

Last year we couldn't win in Minnesota, this year we've played well there.

Last year our manager was Jerry Manuel.

Last year our closer was Billy Koch.

I say live in the present. We'll handle Detroit. Worrry about Oakland Thursday through Sunday.

Last year we couldn't win in Minnesota, this year we've played well there.

Last year our manager was Jerry Manuel.

Last year our closer was Billy Koch.

I say live in the present. We'll handle Detroit. Worrry about Oakland Thursday through Sunday.

Great post! :headbang

EDIT: You could also add that we don't have as much trouble with seeing pitcher's for the first time this year.

I worry about Detroit because their roster is filled with White Sox killers. Carlos Guillen in his three or four years in the league has always done good, Ron (DL) White has always mashed Sox pitching no matter what uniform he wearing, The Sox always have trouble getting D. Young out, and Pudge who is hitting everything in site this year. As far as pitching goes Maroth is always tough on them, The Sox can never hit Cornejo. I do not know if they have ever seen Bonderman, and didn't they always have trouble with Jason Johnson when he was with Baltimore? that is why I think the Sox will not win any more than eight or nine games against the Tigers

I don't worry about Detroit at all. For one if they do as good as they have done in the first half then they will blow away the best ever one year turn around for a team. I don't see that happening. As good as they have played this year I think that that is as good as it gets for them. Next year I will worry about them.

You needn't worry about the Tigers:

IRod will not hit .370 all season, and is due to get hurt again.

Rondell White is due for his annual trip to the DL

Carlos Guillen, is good, but not this good.

After they trade Urbina, their bullpen will make Cleveland's look like the Dodgers'

Alex Sanchez isn't a .325 hitter

Bobby Higginson will still be on the team

Don't take them lightly, don't take anyone lightly, but I don't think you have to worry this year.

I worry about Detroit because their roster is filled with White Sox killers.  Carlos Guillen in his three or four years in the league has always done good, Ron (DL) White has always mashed Sox pitching no matter what uniform he wearing, The Sox always have trouble getting D. Young out, and Pudge who is hitting everything in site this  year.  As far as pitching goes Maroth is always tough on them,  The Sox can never hit Cornejo.  I do not know if they have ever seen Bonderman, and didn't they always have trouble with Jason Johnson when he was with Baltimore?  that is why I think the Sox will not win any more than eight or nine games against the Tigers

You're right about Guillen and White, but Young only hits .241 vs the Sox, and Maroth and Cornejo are a combined 6-8, with a 4.71 ERA vs. the good guys.

It's not like their offense is stacked with proven stars, it's a lot of guys having career or near career years. Rodriguez is good but won't hit that great all year, and Young is their only other hitter I ever remember worrying about. Plus their pitching is too awful for me to worry about them too much. They only have 2 pitchers(pen included) with an ERA under 4, and 3 of their 5 starters have an ERA over 5. I don't think we are going to kill them but I would be shocked if we lost the season series. I expect about 12 wins out of 19.

the detroit defense is absolutely pathetic (last in AL), their pitching is inferior to ours, and they can only match up with us at the plate. i agree with previous sentiments: the tigers have something to prove, and that is the reason they are winning ball games this year.

also, the tigers' ERA on the road is 3rd worst in the league, while the sox have the third best slugging pct at home. taking care of business during those homestands will be the difference.

Hopefully, the Tigers will start trading off some of their higher priced veterans to someone besides the Twins. Regardless, if we can't beat the Tigers we don't deserve to be division champs ...... and we won't be.

Hopefully, the Tigers will start trading off some of their higher priced veterans to someone besides the Twins.  Regardless, if we can't beat the Tigers we don't deserve to be division champs ...... and we won't be.

Yasny, I thought you got traded. :huh: :lol: I agree with you though the sox are still a better team then detroit and should be able to beat them if they expect to win this division.

Yasny, I thought you got traded. :huh:  :lol: I agree with you though the sox are still a better team then detroit and should be able to beat them if they expect to win this division.

I invoked my 5/10 no trade priviliges. I couldn't stand the thought of playing more than 3 games a year in Wrigley Field.