A Letter to All Visitors of SoxNet/Soxtalk

Chisoxfn

A Letter to All Visitors of SoxNet/Soxtalk

The staff here at SoxNet.net and Soxtalk.com would like to inform all the visitors that we have recently teamed up and joined TheInsiders, a network partner of Yahoo! Sports and CNNSI.

The decision was indeed a difficult one and took weeks of consideration before it was agreed upon, but it is a move that was done in the best interest of SoxNet, as well as the staff, and most importantly, the viewers.

-Because of the partnership with TheInsiders, our reports, recaps, stories and columns will also be published on nationally known sites like Yahoo! Sports and CNNSI.

-In turn, this will allow the staff to show their work to a broader audience.

-Along with that, the site will be run on a state-of-the-art server, which will supply more space and traffic allowance.

-The site and the viewers, will be supplied with more information and statistics regarding the White Sox.

Most importantly, the content on SoxNet will not only stay reliable, pop-up, registration and pay-free, but will be published at a much quicker rate, with more in depth info and analysis. This will allow us to expand our reporter base and offer more timely reports.

Although the deal is official, the move will not be made till the end of this month, before the season opener on March 31.

This is clearly the biggest decision and step this site has made in just over two years of being up, and we are very optimistic that this move will take SoxNet.net to a new level. With that, we ask that anybody that would like to voice their opinion on this upcoming move, comments or criticism, or those who have any questions, to please write us.

Thanks for your time,

Mario and Jason

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will still control the board, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT.

the freedom to say what you want won't change, outside of going overboard on such stuff like sex and race/religion.

if you want to say f***, s***, b****, slut, prick, and do it while ripping another poster, that would be fine, everybody here has handled themselves nicely and have been able to get into arguement without taking anything personally. the way the board is run will not be changed. we would've never made this move if it would be any different.

While I have seen many of websites to this "transfer" I think it is a double edge sword.

If done correctly it can be a very good move. However if the insiders.com, like they do with most of their sites make it where the fans/visitors have to start paying for information then its not a good move.

People never , ever pay for material on the internet. Its always a scam. All the stuff you see on espn.com, sportlsine.com, etc are offered for free somewhere else. Do not fall victim to someone trying to make some bucks off of you for information that can be found for free.

After saying this if soxnet.net can remain Free and it is improved as far as the hits, etc. then its a good move.

If the site becomes a membership only site for some of the other information then I oppose.

Either way its not my decision, but best of luck.

SoxNet.net will NEVER be a pay, registration, or even a popup site.

if that was the case, we would've never done that. and if ever forced to do so, we will simply pack our bags and go independent again.

the whole point of this site is to supply news and info on the site and to allow writers to come here, practice and get their name out. none of this works if people have to pay.

I understand what you mean concerning disaster, that was one of the bigger things that we thought of, but the upside is far greater.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well congrats guys.. your movin on up .. thats good news.,your hard work pays off.... a few questions now... does this mean i will have to watch what i put on here for fear that the press will get the news before its supposed to print it???lol..........the only other thing i need to know is do i have to move to yet another message board (you guys know how i hate that lol) or can i just stay here???? and are you going to somehow link everything all together so i dont have to be the lost lamb here and search around till im dizzy trying to find everyone or everything.................thats all i need to know....oh and wheres that chat room the season is almost here.... we need to get that thing going soon for games..............again congrats for your accomplishments................. :headbang on.........

HSC, you don't have to worry about what you say. we will have full control of the boards and will keep the rules the same.

unfortunately the message board will be switched, but we won't be using that until we, actually jason, fix it up and have it looking good. none of the posts will transfer but we will reregister each and everyone of you guys and email everyone a password. this board won't be shut down though. we will keep this up, it'll probably be located at www.chisport.com, till everyone gets settled in.

We'll keep everyone posted on when things will happen. the main site will probably be moved before the board. I'm thinking we will move the soxtalk boards to the network by mid-april or so.

we are gonna try to add links to make navigation easier as well HSC. also, the network has a chat room so we will have a chat room as soon as we settle in over there.

This is a really big move for us and will take time so we apoligize for any bumps we have along the way and hope everyone stays patient. please feel free to ask questions though. we will try to make this move as smooth as possible and keep everyone here happy.

Will you two still be "in charge" of this board, or will that change hands?  Will the "open" atmosphere that we have here need to be toned down since it will be on national sites?

Ya, we will be fully in charge. The only difference is we will be on a sweet server. I know some have said they have had trouble on this board when it comes to acessing it at times and those problems should end.

Their will be a new board, but we are going to do all we can to make the move smooth in terms of it; ie re-registering everyone, updating the post numbers to what they were when they were here (IF Possible; I think it is). Then we'll move this board to a different server where it will be at least in read only mode so all this info won't be lost, etc. You can always go back and check on new things and such. Losing this board was a sticking point, because of some of the hassles it will cause in the beginning (Learning a new board, etc). The positive is, now we are at a place that will be our permanent home, assuming there are no bumps :)

While I have seen many of websites to this "transfer" I think it is a double edge sword.

If done correctly it can be a very good move. However if the insiders.com, like they do with most of their sites make it where the fans/visitors have to start paying for information then its not a good move.

People never , ever pay for material on the internet. Its always a scam. All the stuff you see on espn.com, sportlsine.com, etc are offered for free somewhere else. Do not fall victim to someone trying to make some bucks off of you for information that can be found for free.

After saying this if soxnet.net can remain Free and it is improved as far as the hits, etc. then its a good move.

If the site becomes a membership only site for some of the other information then I oppose.

Either way its not my decision, but best of luck.

Thats the one thing we thought long and hard about. To start things off, when they contacted us we didn't think there was any way we'd join, but when it was all set and done we saw just so many positives to the point we could make the site so much better and get it more widestream.

One thing we do stick to is the fact that this site stays free. If things switch and we get forced into anything, then as Mario said, we will basically just back up our bags cause it is against our belief. We think the internet should be free, etc. We would like to find some ways to make some money to re-invest back into the site in ways such as scouting trips to the minors, merchandise, give-aways, etc, but THAT WON'T Come at the expense of the readers, thats for damn sure, and it won't involve popups.

Were in this to provide a full service White Sox site, with in depth news, stats, and info on the White Sox. With an awesome board with the most kick ass Sox fans around :headbang where they are entitled to speak there mind. And a site that will have indepth minor league coverage. I have big plans for this area, and once we get acess to everything I will start development on what will be the ULTIMATE MINOR LEAGUE PARADISE for Sox fans or so I hope :lol:

That being said as always if there are other things people will want to see added or changed in terms of features on the site do tell us because were here to make everyone happy.

well congrats guys.. your movin on up .. thats good news.,your hard work pays off.... a few questions now... does this mean i will have to watch what i put on here for fear that the press will get the news before its supposed to print it???lol..........the only other thing i need to know is do i have to move to yet another message board (you guys know how i hate that lol) or can i just stay here???? and are you going to somehow link everything all together so i dont have to be the lost lamb here and search around till im dizzy  trying to find everyone or everything.................thats all i need to know....oh and wheres that chat room the season is almost here.... we need to get that thing going soon for games..............again congrats for your accomplishments................. :headbang  on.........

The board will change Michelle, but we are going to re-register everyone to the best of our ability and email them new passwords. Before we do this, we will ask those who would prefer to regsiter on there own, since it would save us time :) But as long as we have your current email addie, we'll register you and email you a password for the board. We'll gather a list of people who want us to register them at a later date.

Now onto the addresses. As far as those go, they will stay the same.

You type in www.soxnet.net and you'll get our main page. You want the message board you just type in www.soxtalk.com and it will come up, that way everyone will always know how to find us; that stuff won't be changing.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh hell... now i have to change that link thingy in my favorites again.. if i remember how..lol.... damnit....lol.... well you dont even need to ask me what i want you to do.. register me and email me you have the addy lol.....i know it will take me about 10 years to figure it out if i had to do it on my own........ :D thanks jas.........

3 years ago before the Insiders went to ESPN, the site was free and had good info on it, then all the sudden "Starting next month are site will begin charging for info and message board admittance". I emailed them and they said " ALL SITES WE ARE INVOLVED IN ARE GOING TO BE PAY SITES, THAT IS THE INSIDERS FUTURE " then he told me it was like $ 20.00 a month. I like this site but this is sounding like deja vu all over again, get you in for free for a little while and BAM, pay site is next. I hope this is not the case , but like I said I have seen The Insiders operate in the past and hope you guys do not change everything and then they say, by the way starting in June this will be a pay site. Good Luck but cover all your asses.

3 years ago before the Insiders went to ESPN, the site was free and had good info on it, then all the sudden "Starting next month are site will begin charging for info and message board admittance". I emailed them and they said " ALL SITES WE ARE INVOLVED IN ARE GOING TO BE PAY SITES, THAT IS THE INSIDERS FUTURE  " then he told me it was like $ 20.00 a month. I like this site but this is sounding like deja vu all over again, get you in for free for a little while and BAM, pay site is next. I hope this is not the case , but like I said I have seen The Insiders operate in the past and hope you guys do not change everything and then they say, by the way starting in June this will be a pay site. Good Luck but cover all your asses.

Many of the sites on the network do have subscription packages, but WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT CHARGE OUR MEMBERS. I know what you mean though. I definately see where your coming from.

yeah SoxFest, your cause for concern is understandable, but me and jason PROMISE nothing like that will happen to the site. And as everyone knows here, we don't bulls*** people around, we promise that.

if they ever pull that on us, we will be out of there ASAP.

if I were to do that, I'd have my family kicking my ass because one thing I've guarenteed everyone is that I will NEVER charge and have people deal with registration and popups.

if we charge Alex, find my address and give it to everyone on this board so they can all kick my ass.