Kenny Williams column....

doubleM23

I don't think anyone who has followed the White Sox for the last few years wants to see Kenny completely cut off from the organization, because, as Jason said in his article, when Williams was in charge of the minors, the Sox blossomed.

However, anyone who feels that he's a competent MLB GM... Errr... I don't know about that. Williams is a solid judge of minor league talent, IMO, but he has clearly showed that he's not ready to be fully in charge of an MLB team.

But a good column, nonetheless.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Thanks Matt.

Here's the Link for the Article

http://www.soxnet.net/kw-whatwilltheysay.html

As far as KW goes, I give him one more year.  I think if he goes out and gets himself a starting pitcher that he will have done a good job building a lineup and putting a very good team together.

but his f*** up's are worst than the pluses. like the royce trade, the berry berry trade, the kip wells trade, the ray ray trade.

Originally posted by LDF

Thanks Matt.

Here's the Link for the Article

http://www.soxnet.net/kw-whatwilltheysay.html

As far as KW goes, I give him one more year.  I think if he goes out and gets himself a starting pitcher that he will have done a good job building a lineup and putting a very good team together.

but his f*** up's are worst than the pluses. like the royce trade, the berry berry trade, the kip wells trade, the ray ray trade.

As far as the Royce trade goes, he didn't give anything up and he himself said he learned from his mistake and now knows how important chemistry is. And then for the Berry deal, we did get Majewski and its not like we were going to keep JB and the Dodgers didn't even keep him.

As far as the Royce trade goes, he didn't give anything up and he himself said he learned from his mistake and now knows how important chemistry is.  And then for the Berry deal, we did get Majewski and its not like we were going to keep JB and the Dodgers didn't even keep him.

The mistake he made was trying to be a rebel. Every GM and manager he talked to said DO NOT bring that penis into your clubhouse, and he did it anyway.

I don't care about the Berry deal or the Ritchie deal right now.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

This guy knows his minor-league talent. Be sure of it. He has made some dumb trades, but he has made our farm system one of the best in the majors. Let KW do his old job, he did fantastic.

thats exactly how i feel.. send him back down.. he did awesome there.. up here he just plain ol sucks.....we need a real gm who knows how to swim with the big sharks in mlb...kenny just dont have enough rows of teeth for this job......:D

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1thats exactly how i feel.. send him back down.. he did awesome there.. up here he just plain ol sucks.....we need a real gm who knows how to swim with the big sharks in mlb...kenny just dont have enough rows of teeth for this job......:D

Don't worry Reinsy has pulled in his leash. Any deals he makes have to go through Reinsy now.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh thats even better.. reinsy dont know jack s*** either... geez us we are f***ed royal now..........why cant we have at least two compitent guys at the helm for a change......lol

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

This guy knows his minor-league talent. Be sure of it. He has made some dumb trades, but he has made our farm system one of the best in the majors. Let KW do his old job, he did fantastic.

Exactly. I wouldn't mind at all if Kenny overtook minor league scouting again (or whatever the hell he did before he was promoted), but his moves are one of the biggest reasons that the Sox team that won 95 games in 2000 won 81 this year and may continue to slide in 2003.

Granted, all his moves were done in good intention, but KW doesn't strike me as being a solid judge of major league level talent any more.

Originally posted by doubleM23Exactly.  I wouldn't mind at all if Kenny overtook minor league scouting again (or whatever the hell he did before he was promoted), but his moves are one of the biggest reasons that the Sox team that won 95 games in 2000 won 81 this year and may continue to slide in 2003.

Are you still on this?

They won less games because the guys who got them off to that fast start in 2000 we're bad. Eldred and Baldwin we're hurt and Thomas went down early. End of discusion. Jesus, it's like everyone who talks about why the '69 Cubs choked. It's over now.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas thats one big if..... whos going to watch over his shoulder when he decided though.. i sure in the hell dont want reinsy to make the final decision .... hes just as much a f*** up at guessing mlb talent as kenny is.... lol

I don't think JR tells him who to get, I think Jr does him how much he has to get a player and then he goes out and talks to KW and says a little more and eventually he has the resources to make a move.

Thats how I think it works. Of cousre when Ron was here, Kw had to get his approval. Ron means Ron Schueler.

Great Point Ian, I always forget to mention the fact that Eldred and Baldwin had career stints.

Then Parque was healthy. You can't really blame 2001 on KW because he didn't really do anything that wrong.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by doubleM23Exactly.  I wouldn't mind at all if Kenny overtook minor league scouting again (or whatever the hell he did before he was promoted), but his moves are one of the biggest reasons that the Sox team that won 95 games in 2000 won 81 this year and may continue to slide in 2003.

Are you still on this?

They won less games because the guys who got them off to that fast start in 2000 we're bad. Eldred and Baldwin we're hurt and Thomas went down early. End of discusion. Jesus, it's like everyone who talks about why the '69 Cubs choked. It's over now.

No, the holes that were evident in 2000 are still not filled. We are still weak in the starting pitching department, our defense is still apalling at times, and short of Miguel Olivo we have no catcher.

Granted, Kenny tried to fill these holes but he failed miserably.

As of now Reinsdorf has the final say on ANY move he makes. Williams had Thomas dealt to Boston for 3 minor leaguers and JR killed the deal because stock holders threatened to sell if Thomas wasn't here. That's why Williams is on a short leash. There's a real power struggle going on.

I'd say our defense and pitching are different though. Our defense next year will be good minus Manos. Everywhere else I don't mind it, especially since Lee has worked his butt off.

Then I look at our pitching and its a lot better then 2000 to me. The starting is on the verge, and one pitcher and thats settled. I love our pen and I like Olivo.

Then I look at our pitching and its a lot better then 2000 to me.  The starting is on the verge, and one pitcher and thats settled.  I love our pen and I like Olivo.

Backman said today on the Score that Olivo should be starting in Chicago in 2003. I doubt they'll rush him though.

Guest hotsoxchick1

whats to rush.. hes shown he can do the job better than johnson or paul and he can run and bat to boot.... let him start, hes been in the minors two years with us now and the only thing that f***ed him going to trip a this year was the fact that sandy and paul were back and forth there.....hes ready let him come up and play........

Trust me he is starting.  I even think Rauch starts.  I think the Sox will go with both of them cause they are very mature and in Jon's case he has good control and poise which lends to him having more immediate sucess.

I think Rauch will be in the pen if he's even on the staff.

I wouldn't mind easing him in that way with Ritchie as the #5 and a new guy as our #2. The problem is, I think if thats the case then Biddle is in the pen with Rauch in the minors cause we can't have both of them in the pen and Valentine in there as well.