Interesting quote by Bartolo

clujer420

Through his interpretor, Jose Valentin, Bartolo said this...

"When you are talking about Randy and Schilling, you are talking about 5-star guys. But probably in the future we can be like Randy and Schilling."

Sounds like Bartolo plans on maybe being here beyond 2003. Of course, whether or not that happens depends largely upon how the Sox start this season off. If they come out blazing, maybe they can lock up BC for a few years at probably $10M or so a year. If they have to wait until the off-season, his price tag will go up when he's an unrestricted FA.

I hope to see Bartolo and Buehrle in Sox uniforms for years to come.

If we could get lucky enough to do this(I'm not sure we will)....we might be able to have a rotation of Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Rauch and Honel sometime in the future....that'd be in about 3 years....and Rauch may be the #3 by then....but that rotation is f***in sweet....if we could get Colon locked up for atleast 3 years....that could be the rotation going into 2006.

Damn that rotation looks sweet. Garland is going to have a great season this year I think. Now I need to know Wright is alright. Hopefully we have most of these guys around for a long long time. I think the Sox will lose one of their dh's (lee or Thomas) and they will use the extra money to reup longterm with Colon. Then use the rest of their money bringing guys back. Going longterm with Maggs, giving Buerhle his deal, maybe going 3 or 4 yrs with Garland. The payroll will go up a bit, probably 5-10 million and they would also add another outfielder or something.

Damn that rotation looks sweet.  Garland is going to have a great season this year I think.  Now I need to know Wright is alright.  Hopefully we have most of these guys around for a long long time.  I think the Sox will lose one of their dh's (lee or Thomas) and they will use the extra money to reup longterm with Colon.  Then use the rest of their money bringing guys back.  Going longterm with Maggs, giving Buerhle his deal, maybe going 3 or 4 yrs with Garland.  The payroll will go up a bit, probably 5-10 million and they would also add another outfielder or something.

if we make it past the first series in playoffs i can see JR keeping everyone needed on this team and maybe one other big FA.

Wright has closer material with his fastball and knuckle curve, maybe he gets moved to the pen if he never straightens out as a starter. I think Wright will be pretty good this year though, he more than anybody, benefited from Cooper's arrival as pitching coach last year.

Wright has closer material with his fastball and knuckle curve, maybe he gets moved to the pen if he never straightens out as a starter. I think Wright will be pretty good this year though, he more than anybody, benefited from Cooper's arrival as pitching coach last year.

I agree with you 100%. He's got real good stuff and has made a huge transistion since being drafted in college. This kid was rushed like no other and has handled it very well, getting better each year and I think he'll do real good this year, as long as he's HEALTHY.