Joe Valentine, Mark Johnson and Keith Foulke

KipWellsFan

-Joe Valentine is 0-0 with an era of 6.00 in 3 innnings pitched he also has a save. He's only given up 3 hits but he has walked 4 while striking out 2.

-Mark Johnson is not doing well so far going 2 for 17.

-Foulke was doing good before todays game, he had an era of 1.50 striking out 8 and only walking 2. Although it was a different story giving up homeruns to Joe Crede and Carlos Lee.

These stats are from MLB.com and are as of yesterday's games.

The one big reason the Valentine loss was big was we don't really have many right handed hard throwing relief prospects that are close. Now if we get Gary Majewski back, then we will have another to team up with the changeup-low 90 fastball pitcher Almonte.

Still, its nice having a ton of lefties. Of course we have plenty of hard throwing starters out there, that could eventually move to the pen.

Of course we have plenty of hard throwing starters out there, that could eventually move to the pen.

Like Dan Wright

wright wins 14 games his first full season as a starter and we are gonna move him to the pen???..please..neither should go to the pen but garland should go before wright

Of course we have plenty of hard throwing starters out there, that could eventually move to the pen.

Like Dan Wright

wright wins 14 games his first full season as a starter and we are gonna move him to the pen???..please..neither should go to the pen but garland should go before wright

Baggs....I knew you'd have something to say

I was talking more like in the future....say, maybe a couple years(3 or 4)....I'm not talking about moving Danny to the pen this year.

Jas was talking about the jewster complimenting Almonte as a hard throwing righty and a soft-tossing right, respectfully. He then mentioned that we could turn a hard throwing starter and make him a reliever...and Dan Wright came up. You don't seriously think that Almonte is going to make the team out of spring, do you? I personally don't....not with White around. If the Jays don't keep Majewski on their 25-man all year long....we get him back. They do a better job than some at doing that(they also got Corey Thurman from the Royals last year in Rule 5....and now he is going to be a member of the Blue Jays from now on), but he may not be.

It's kind of funny how the Rule 5 works and how it's played out....last year, KC picked up Miguel Ascencio in the draft from Philly(the guy that threw 16 straight balls against us), but he turned out to be a decent pickup...but they lost Corey Thurman to the Jays. The Jays the year before had lost Jay Gibbons in the draft to the Orioles.

Anyways....I'm not talking about Wright getting demoted this year....not at all. He'll start this year, and if he doesn't, JM better have a hell of an excuse. Wright could win 15 games this year....coming out of the #4 spot, that's nice.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Anyways....I'm not talking about Wright getting demoted this year....not at all. He'll start this year, and if he doesn't, JM better have a hell of an excuse. Wright could win 15 games this year....coming out of the #4 spot, that's nice.

provided his arm doesnt fall off first..........that elbow better not be a regular problem.........

Like Dan Wright

Baggs, disagree. Garland really impressed me in spring training. His bullpen sessions were spectacular. So were Colon's. I like wright a whole lot and think he has front of the line stuff, but right now I'm scared big time about his health.

Wright definately needs more time. No way do you put a guy that pitched darn good down the stretch last year and is just getting started. I'm with Baggs on Wright, always will be too I think. Last year baggs and I agreed on Garland being over-rated. This year he's improved a whole lot, imo. It started when Coop came here and he started throwing other pitches then just a fastball.

Like Dan Wright

Baggs, disagree. Garland really impressed me in spring training. His bullpen sessions were spectacular. So were Colon's. I like wright a whole lot and think he has front of the line stuff, but right now I'm scared big time about his health.

Wright definately needs more time. No way do you put a guy that pitched darn good down the stretch last year and is just getting started. I'm with Baggs on Wright, always will be too I think. Last year baggs and I agreed on Garland being over-rated. This year he's improved a whole lot, imo. It started when Coop came here and he started throwing other pitches then just a fastball.

whitesoxfan..thats cool

jason...you'd have to seew right healthy before you can compare the two...last year i saw them both pitch twice...wright impressed me alot more..man i pray he didnt screw up his elbow...he 's got a great career ahead of him..as does garland...hopefully they both stay healthy because it will be fun to see which one does become the better pitcher

Like Dan Wright

whitesoxfan..thats cool

jason...you'd have to seew right healthy before you can compare the two...last year i saw them both pitch twice...wright impressed me alot more..man i pray he didnt screw up his elbow...he 's got a great career ahead of him..as does garland...hopefully they both stay healthy because it will be fun to see which one does become the better pitcher

Ya, I saw Wright pitch, mainly on tv, which doesn't say much, but I've watched him throw in the pen as well. The guy is very impressive. He started the one game I saw at Comiskey last year. I love his stuff. Great fastball, knuckle curve, good movement, and an improving change.

Like Dan Wright

Baggs....I knew you'd have something to say

I was talking more like in the future....say, maybe a couple years(3 or 4)....I'm not talking about moving Danny to the pen this year.

Jas was talking about the jewster complimenting Almonte as a hard throwing righty and a soft-tossing right, respectfully. He then mentioned that we could turn a hard throwing starter and make him a reliever...and Dan Wright came up. You don't seriously think that Almonte is going to make the team out of spring, do you? I personally don't....not with White around. If the Jays don't keep Majewski on their 25-man all year long....we get him back. They do a better job than some at doing that(they also got Corey Thurman from the Royals last year in Rule 5....and now he is going to be a member of the Blue Jays from now on), but he may not be.

It's kind of funny how the Rule 5 works and how it's played out....last year, KC picked up Miguel Ascencio in the draft from Philly(the guy that threw 16 straight balls against us), but he turned out to be a decent pickup...but they lost Corey Thurman to the Jays. The Jays the year before had lost Jay Gibbons in the draft to the Orioles.

witesoxfan..i totally agree. Wright should be moved into the pen a in a couple of years, he would make a pretty good closer or long reliever. Garland has so much more starting pitcher stuff than Wright. Wright won 14 games with that nice Sox offense, but his ERA shows that he didnt really deserve those 14 wins. He has good velocity, and would make a fine closer someday.

witesoxfan..i totally agree. Wright should be moved into the pen a in a couple of years, he would make a pretty good closer or long reliever. Garland has so much more starting pitcher stuff than Wright. Wright won 14 games with that nice Sox offense, but his ERA shows that he didnt really deserve those 14 wins. He has good velocity, and would make a fine closer someday.

Don't get me wrong...I want Wright in the rotation as long as possible. But if he struggles 3 years down the road...he could get demoted to the pen and then be used as a setup man/closer. I like Wright's stuff as much as baggs does....I remember seeing him on ESPN once, and I absolutely fell in love with his stuff. If he can learn how to use that effectively....watch out. We could have a helluva rotation in the near future(especially if we keep Colon)

Don't get me wrong...I want Wright in the rotation as long as possible. But if he struggles 3 years down the road...he could get demoted to the pen and then be used as a setup man/closer. I like Wright's stuff as much as baggs does....I remember seeing him on ESPN once, and I absolutely fell in love with his stuff. If he can learn how to use that effectively....watch out. We could have a helluva rotation in the near future(especially if we keep Colon)

We have the potential to have a helluva rotation RIGHT NOW. :)

We have the potential to have a helluva rotation RIGHT NOW. :)

Right now works too