More deals

JoshPR

Cubs have to be the NL favorite now! :puke

I disagree. Nomar hasnt been himself this year and St. Louis is a dam good club. With Finley going to the Dodgers and the Marlins and Phillies getting better, plus the Cubs pitching injury problems, they are definitely not the favorite in my mind. I'd put them in a group of 3 or 4 teams that are about equal, all behind the Cards

Well,  Hopefully the stats don't lie.  Nomar is considerably worse away from Fenway Park then he is at Fenway Park.  He hit .243 away from fenway last year.  And the last 3 years he's hit just .266 away from Fenway.

He will go crazy in wrigley, if we like it or not.

He will go crazy in wrigley, if we like it or not.

I disagree, Nomar made a living banging off the monster. He's going to a league where he hasn't faced much of the pitching and his splits away from Fenway are awful. I doubt he hits .300 the rest of the way, but that's just me. His power #'s may increase in Wrigley, and he provides protection in the Cubs lineup, however he's still in the same mold as most of the Cub hitters (not patient, first pitch swingers).

I disagree, Nomar made a living banging off the monster. He's going to a league where he hasn't faced much of the pitching and his splits away from Fenway are awful. I doubt he hits .300 the rest of the way, but that's just me. His power #'s may increase in Wrigley, and he provides protection in the Cubs lineup, however he's still in the same mold as most of the Cub hitters (not patient, first pitch swingers).

hey, he'll be a perfect fit for the cubs...A Clubhouse Cancer.

Who knows, he might only be in Wrigley for the rest of the year. I do think Boston did a good job because there was basically no chance that Nomar was going to stay in Boston after this year. Might as well get another quality shortstop for him.

The cubs will do whatever they can to resign him i feel, then they will just buy out alou's contract.