Game Thread 8/1 Lets Go Sox

soxman352000

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when you think youve seen it all...Uribe bunts....1st and 3rd one out!!!!!

WITH KONERKO ON 3RD BASE!!!!!

This is soooo bad right now

It just tells me that either

Ozzie is a moron

Uribe is a moron.

Smart money is on the latter.

Is it too much to ask for Willie to stop clubbing with the dirty ho's before/after games and instead study the footage and work on his jumps?

Cuz....my god, Bobby Abreu, a 30yo 215-pound slugger, has 25 steals in 27 attempts this year.

Willie is 12 for 17 if you count the pick-offs.

A couple thoughts on that inning. WTF was Uribe doing?? He should have been benched on the spot. My only guess is that due to the pitching change he wasn't aware of the outs situation and just had a brain fart. That is no excuse but that happens sometimes. Ozzie looked like he wanted to cry....either that or kick Uribes face in with his cleets. And lastly, is Willie that slow or does he get that poor of jumps?? In my opinion Rowand is our BEST base stealer. At leasat when I hear Hawk say "and there he goes" when Rowand is on base I am thinking to myself "he'll probably make it" but when its Willie I am thinking "sweet, another out." And Ben Davis might have saved this game today, mentally speaking.

Situations like that are where Willie has to realize it doesnt matter if he gets thrown out.

There were already 2 outs, and the line up had already flipped over so this inning we start 1,2,3 with no outs. By getting to second a single scores him, and with a bad throw or something he could get to third.

And Ben Davis hitting a 3 run home run, crazy.

SB