ILLINI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got f***ing hosed, what a bunch of bulls***, a 4 in the hardest f***ing region, the whole campus is pissed, it's crap. And the committee sucks, their bracket sucks, they put arz and kentucky on the same side, what a bunch of morons, leave boston college out, put auburn in, no sense, some of the seedings sucks, how is texas a #1 and kansas not, hey committee here's a spoon so you can EAT MY ASS :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

We got f***ing hosed, what a bunch of bulls***, a 4 in the hardest f***ing region, the whole campus is pissed, it's crap. And the committee sucks, their bracket sucks, they put arz and kentucky on the same side, what a bunch of morons, leave boston college out, put auburn in, no sense, some of the seedings sucks, how is texas a #1 and kansas not, hey committee here's a spoon so you can EAT MY ASS  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

If the team is crying as much as most of the Illinois fans I've talked to...I wouldn't be surprised to see them get bounced in the 1st round. Face it, it was pretty much a down year in the Big 10 & Illinois played a very weak non conference schedule. They only beat one tourney-bound non conference team all year long. If any team has the right to be pissed off, it's Arizona!

Illinois got a f***ing. they beat Missouri, North Carolina who was unbeaten at the time and won preseason NIT tourney. Big Ten was 5-2 versus SEC. I learned one thing the Confrence tourneys mean s***. Florida has lost 3 games in a row and still is a # 2 seed. NO BIG TEN team EVER has got that benefit of the doubt. KY and Illini have played the best last month or so.

Illinois got a f***ing. they beat Missouri, North Carolina who was unbeaten at the time and won preseason NIT tourney. Big Ten was 5-2 versus SEC. I learned one thing the Confrence tourneys mean s***. Florida has lost 3 games in a row and still is a # 2 seed. NO BIG TEN team EVER has got that benefit of the doubt. KY and Illini have played the best last month or so.

They beat Mizzou, that's it. UNC was only 5-0 at the time & finished with a 17-15 record. If you're counting Carolina as Illinois' 2nd best non-conference win, then I've made my point...cupcake city! I do agree that the selection committee did a pretty s***ty job, though.

They beat Mizzou, that's it. UNC was only 5-0 at the time & finished with a 17-15 record. If you're counting Carolina as Illinois' 2nd best non-conference win, then I've made my point...cupcake city! I do agree that the selection committee did a pretty s***ty job, though.

And who the f*** does Xavier play all year long? Ya, there ya go

We are one of the hottest teams in the country and got it stuck up our ass with a 4 seed. We won our conference tournament in convincing fashion and was 2 missed cook/williams free throws away from winning the regular season title. We demolished UNC when they were all hyped up and took care of Mizzou easily. The same Mizzou that beat Kansas, thank you very much. Are you sayin the Big Ten sucks? That's a load of crap. Besides the Big 12, the ACC and SEC aren't all that great either. This is a load of bulls*** and the committee sucks. Hey f***ers put Kentucky and Arizona on the same side, that's genius.

Oh and why would Arizona be pissed if they are playing Illinois who supposedly sucks? They would only be pissed if they were playing a team that was ranked lower than they should. Thanks for contributing to my point.

You are in the minority for sure, go watch the bracketology crap and they all know we got hosed. :fyou :fyou :fyou

xavier played a tough non-conference schedule (stanford, purdue, cincinnati, miss st., creighton, alabama) plus they had teams like st. joe's (7 seed) and dayton (4 seed) in their own conference to contend with. don't go s***ting on xavier, a team you know nothing about, because illinois isn't a 3. if you are so confident they can beat the powerhouses like missouri and unc then it should be no problem regardless of their seed.

I am also tired of f***ing , Kansas, Arizona , Duke in same bracket as ILLINI every f***ing year. Oklahoma blows and so does Texas they can walk down thw bracket. Xavier enough said, Cinn and Alabama both are going out in 1st round.

We are one of the hottest teams in the country and got it stuck up our ass with a 4 seed. We won our conference tournament in convincing fashion and was 2 missed cook/williams free throws away from winning the regular season title. We demolished UNC when they were all hyped up and took care of Mizzou easily. The same Mizzou that beat Kansas, thank you very much. Are you sayin the Big Ten sucks? That's a load of crap. Besides the Big 12, the ACC and SEC aren't all that great either. This is a load of bulls*** and the committee sucks. Hey f***ers put Kentucky and Arizona on the same side, that's genius.

Oh and why would Arizona be pissed if they are playing Illinois who supposedly sucks? They would only be pissed if they were playing a team that was ranked lower than they should. Thanks for contributing to my point.

You are in the minority for sure, go watch the bracketology crap and they all know we got hosed. :fyou :fyou :fyou

When the f*** did I say Illinois sucked? I did say that it was a bit of a down year for the Big 10...anytime Wisconsin is able to take the conference title is a pretty good sign of that. :D Do you honestly believe the Big 10 is better than the Big 12, Big East, ACC or SEC?

Arizona should be pissed because they have been the top team most of the season & are in the toughest bracket. For the 1000th time, I agree the committee did a pretty s***ty job, but now you're b****ing about the best 2 teams coming out of the same side? This seems to happen nearly every year. It is because the committee rewards the top seeds by putting them as close to home as possible. Where does Illinois play there 1st few games? Indianapolis, in front of the home crowd. Look at some other 3-4-5 seeds & where they are at....#3 Duke-Salt Lake City, #4 Dayton-Spokane, WA, #5 UCONN-Spokane, WA. These 3 teams are getting f***ed alot harder than Ilinois, but my guess is that all 3 teams & fans of these teams have more class than to constantly piss & moan about their seedings.

Why is it that the Illini (school and their sports teams) whine and b**** about everything? What is the difference between 3 and 4 anyways (honestly asking since I haven't a clue about the seedings, did it really change whoever they were playing first round)? In any sense, if they feel it was so terrible that they got 4 instead of 3, why not suck it up and go out there and kick some ass and prove them (naysayers and the people doing the seedings) wrong instead of whining and crying about it?

BTW - did UIC make it? I doubt it, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Why is it that the Illini (school and their sports teams) whine and b**** about everything?  What is the difference between 3 and 4 anyways (honestly asking since I haven't a clue about the seedings, did it really change whoever they were playing first round)?  In any sense, if they feel it was so terrible that they got 4 instead of 3, why not suck it up and go out there and kick some ass and prove them (naysayers and the people doing the seedings) wrong instead of whining and crying about it?

BTW - did UIC make it?  I doubt it, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

exactly.

and UIC is NIT-bound.

xavier played a tough non-conference schedule (stanford, purdue, cincinnati, miss st., creighton, alabama) plus they had teams like st. joe's (7 seed) and dayton (4 seed) in their own conference to contend with. don't go s***ting on xavier, a team you know nothing about, because illinois isn't a 3. if you are so confident they can beat the powerhouses like missouri and unc then it should be no problem regardless of their seed.

you obviously know more than any expert at espn becuz u are the only one that thinks the illini deserved a 4 seed. in that case, let me bow down to you...ya, right...u obviously don't know s*** if you think illinois deserved a 4 after what they just did.

When the f*** did I say Illinois sucked? I did say that it was a bit of a down year for the Big 10...anytime Wisconsin is able to take the conference title is a pretty good sign of that. :D Do you honestly believe the Big 10 is better than the Big 12, Big East, ACC or SEC?

Arizona should be pissed because they have been the top team most of the season & are in the toughest bracket. For the 1000th time, I agree the committee did a pretty s***ty job, but now you're b****ing about the best 2 teams coming out of the same side? This seems to happen nearly every year. It is because the committee rewards the top seeds by putting them as close to home as possible. Where does Illinois play there 1st few games? Indianapolis, in front of the home crowd. Look at some other 3-4-5 seeds & where they are at....#3 Duke-Salt Lake City, #4 Dayton-Spokane, WA, #5 UCONN-Spokane, WA. These 3 teams are getting f***ed alot harder than Ilinois, but my guess is that all 3 teams & fans of these teams have more class than to constantly piss & moan about their seedings.

The big east sucks (4 teams and nd sucks) and the whole one side of the SEC is a joke

Why is it that the Illini (school and their sports teams) whine and b**** about everything?  What is the difference between 3 and 4 anyways (honestly asking since I haven't a clue about the seedings, did it really change whoever they were playing first round)?  In any sense, if they feel it was so terrible that they got 4 instead of 3, why not suck it up and go out there and kick some ass and prove them (naysayers and the people doing the seedings) wrong instead of whining and crying about it?

BTW - did UIC make it?  I doubt it, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

b**** about what? we have an honest gripe, don't listen to illini fans, go read about it and watch some tv, they are b****ing and they aren't illini fans are they?

Hey, do u realize that if Illinois plays ND in the 2nd round, it's NOT A HOME CROWD...DO YOU REALIZE WHERE ND IS?

you obviously know more than any expert at espn becuz u are the only one that thinks the illini deserved a 4 seed. in that case, let me bow down to you...ya, right...u obviously don't know s*** if you think illinois deserved a 4 after what they just did.

what did they just do? beat indiana and ohio state? a 7 seed and a team that's not even in the tourney? WOW. I said Xavier is justified with a 3 seed. I never said Illinois deserved a #4 seed. I said if they are so good then seeding shouldn't matter. They went 11-5 in a very weak Big 10 this year. Then you say the Big East was weak, ha. There are at least 3 and maybe 5 teams in the Big East that could beat Illinois. I say the 4 is generous considering UConn got a 5 and they would destroy U of I.

b**** about what? we have an honest gripe, don't listen to illini fans, go read about it and watch some tv, they are b****ing and they aren't illini fans are they?

They b**** about anything from sports to funding (which the get most of out of all state schools - several classes I tried taking were eliminated because the funding for the teachers for those classes when to UIUC - yes, that is exactly what administration (as in the Dean of the department I attended)) told me when I emailed them. I am talking from within the state school system not the media, I could not give two s***s what is said in the media. It's what goes on within the school system that I am talking about.

I am also tired of f***ing , Kansas, Arizona , Duke in same bracket as ILLINI every f***ing year. Oklahoma blows and so does Texas they can walk down thw bracket. Xavier enough said, Cinn and Alabama both are going out in 1st round.

Trust me there is a harder bracket. Those schools definately got the name recognition and I think Kansas and Arizona are top notch, but Duke is weak this year.

Wow... North Carolina proved to be such a tough foe...

LOL... Watch the Illini get bounced by Western Kentucky.

Illinois lost by one point at Wisconsin and got f***ed by 3pt FG at Mich ST. Officials cost them 2 games right there. The diff between a 3 and 4 seed is what bracket they would of been in it matters a f***ing lot. The top 4 seeds in West this year have more wins than any 4 seeds in one bracket EVER. Playing ND at Indy is also a f***ing joke. No reason at all the 4 teams should all be in WEST.

Illinois lost by one point at Wisconsin and got f***ed by 3pt FG at Mich ST. Officials cost them 2 games right there. The diff between a 3 and 4 seed is what bracket they would of been in it matters a f***ing lot. The top 4 seeds in West this year have more wins than any 4 seeds in one bracket EVER. Playing ND at Indy is also a f***ing joke. No reason at all the 4 teams should all be in WEST.

Personally I think the Midwest is the toughest. The names aren't as big, but those schools are exceptionally talented.

In a bracket with Memphis and Mid-Major powerhouses Creighton and (usually) Gonzaga, I think you have to say the West has the most solid field. I don't know about Notre Dame being as good a 5 seed as Miss St. or UConn though.

As far as Illinois' seeding goes: ESPN polls place Illinois above Syracuse, Marquette and Xavier with Duke being the only #3 seed ranked above us. AP Poll is a little different but both put us quite a bit above the other #4 seeds Dayton, Stanford and Louisville. I see Illinois as something like a #3.5 seed but they did put us in the bracket with Arizona, Kansas, and Duke which would seem to be the toughest 1-2-3 group in the tournament.