8/27 Games

danman31

Looking at his overall stats he might be one of THE best Minor League pitchers this year...

Does anyone know if there is another minor league pitcher out there that has better overall numbers than BMac has so far this season???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at his overall stats he might be one of THE best Minor League pitchers this year...

Does anyone know if there is another minor league pitcher out there that has better overall numbers than BMac has so far this season???

Petit, Yusmeiro

South Atlantic League » Capital City Bombers 4/8 to 7/1
W L SV ERA G IP H R ER BB KO HR
9 2 0 2.39 15 83 47 29 22 22 122 8

Florida State League » St. Lucie Mets 7/1 to 8/24
W L SV ERA G IP H R ER BB KO HR
2 3 0 1.22 9 44.1 27 9 6 14 62 0

I'll put there numbers by each other just to see how they compare.

Between low A, high A, AA

17-5 3.39 era, 165 innings pitched, 126 hits given up, 28 walks, 197 strikeouts.

Only 19 years old Petit :o

Between low A and high A

11-5 2.20 era 127.1 innings pitched, 74 hits given up, 36 walks, 184 strikeouts.

I just learned Petit was apparently promoted to AA and is getting his first start today, we will see how that goes.

I'll put there numbers by each other just to see how they compare.

Between low A, high A, AA

17-5 3.39 era, 165 innings pitched, 126 hits given up, 28 walks, 197 strikeouts.

Only 19 years old Petit :o

Between low A and high A

11-5 2.20 era  127.1 innings pitched, 74 hits given up, 36 walks, 184 strikeouts.

I just learned Petit was apparently promoted to AA and is getting his first start today, we will see how that goes.

it was only a matter of time for Petit. The paper has been hinting he'd be getting called any day now, especially now that Kazmir and Peterson are gone. Petit has had amazing numbers this year, and he's younger than BMac too. Both look to have huge upsides

There are others that have had unbelievable seasons as well such as Jose Cappellan (Braves), Jeff Francis (Rockies), Felix Hernandz (Mariners), Zach Duke (Pirates), Matt Cain (Giants) and Chad Billingsly (Dodgers). McCarthy's numbers certainly rate right up there with all of them, however.

With all the hype and his age, I can't see anyone getting the pick of Minor League POY over Felix Hernandez. BA has their lips firmly planted on his ass.

I saw him in the Future's Game and I was certainly impressed. Being in AA at age 18 with explosive stuff like his is not normal.

Yeah I can see the hype. But if he really is 18, he's the best pitching prospect in a while.

Found this from BA's Jim Callis.

Jim Callis: As with Balentien, the Mariners have checked out Hernandez' birthdate (April 8, 1986) and believe it to be correct. As many of you might have guessed, he'll be the youngest player on our Top 100 Prospects list when it comes out. Many Latin pitchers sign at age 16 or 17. Pedro Martinez did and he pitched 86 innings in the Dominican Summer League at age 17, while Hernandez threw just 69 innings at that age last year. The Mariners are going to be as patient as they can with Hernandez, but if he keeps pitching like he did last year it's going to be hard to hold him back.

There are others that have had unbelievable seasons as well such as Jose Cappellan (Braves), Jeff Francis (Rockies), Felix Hernandz (Mariners), Zach Duke (Pirates), Matt Cain (Giants) and Chad Billingsly (Dodgers).  McCarthy's numbers certainly rate right up there with all of them, however.

It's not the numbers that matter. It's how they're achieved. So often gaudy mL stats simply do not translate to the bigs.

As long as MaCarthy has his pinpoint control, continues to improve on his secondary pitches and adds a bit more velocity as he matures physically....he'll be as good as any prospect in baseball.

It's not the numbers that matter.  It's how they're achieved.  So often gaudy mL stats simply do not translate to the bigs.

As long as MaCarthy has his pinpoint control, continues to improve on his secondary pitches and adds a bit more velocity as he matures physically....he'll be as good as any prospect in baseball.

All of the players mentioned also have similar control and gaudy BB/K ratios to McCarthy. McCarthy is an elite group, but he is by no means the only pitcher out there with great control and high strikeout numbers.