What players on the Sox are soon to be FAs?

JDsDirtySox

So our list right now looks like this:

Maggs Ordonez

Jose Valentin

Willie Harris

Ben Davis

Cliff Politte

Mike Jackson

Roberto Alomar

Sandy Alomar

Scott Schoenwies

Timo Perez

Man do we have holes to fill. 

Hopefully we can do it with some quality major leaguers.

Maggs Ordonez-Leaves

Jose Valentin-Leaves

Willie Harris-Stays

Ben Davis-BETTER STAY

Cliff Politte-Leaves

Mike Jackson-HOPE TO GOD HE LEAVES

Roberto Alomar-STAYS

Sandy Alomar-COACH

Scott Schoenwies-BULLPEN

Timo Perez-STAYS

Maggs Ordonez-Leaves

If this happens, do you realize how much of a hell hole we will be in next year?

It will be like Bill Murray said in Ghost Busters "cats and dogs, living together! Mass Hysteria!"

No one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can replace him from our current organization.

And if you even think about a free agent outfielder, you are crazy. Magglio will stay.

1-No one will take a chance on that knee. We don't know if he can play again!

2-Arbitration. I'm sure Kenny Williams will offer Magglio something.

3-Who will you replace Magglio with?

Replace him with Borchard, you will see the Sox underacheiving again yet again, next year.

Maggs wants too much. Trust me New York or some big market team will offer him the amount he wants. It's a risk, that everyone would go for.

I honestly think it will be the giants who offer him a big contract. Then wither the mets or the cubs. But most likely like the majority of the time some team will pop out of no where and get him.

I honestly think it will be the giants who offer him a big contract. Then wither the mets or the cubs. But most likely like the majority of the time some team will pop out of no where and get him.

Giants wouldn't suprise me at all, I've said numerous times before I think they'll either get Pedro Martinez or Maggs this offseason.

I honestly think that it remains to be seen what will happen with Maggs. I can't imagine anyone giving him the $12 mil a year for 4 or 5 years with his current situation, but who knows, maybe he'll make some progress with the injury before FA warms up. I'm think he's going to end up taking a 1 year deal with the Sox for $8-$10 mil, but I can't really say I'm going on anything but gut feeling on that. I really think whichever team signs him for that much will have a tough time selling a major contract like that to a guy with a knee injury, especially since Maggs isn't a big time name in most circles. If he does go, I think we really need to add a big time bat, because that is an awful lot of hitting prowess walking out the door. I'd really rather not keep going through this 14 runs one night none the next stuff. Our offense just can't consistenly produce, and I don't think Frank alone can change that.

No one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can replace him from our current organization.

Not quite. We have not seen if JoBo can be a fulltime player in the big leagues. Odds are, no, he's not...but that's what the next month is for.

And if you even think about a free agent outfielder, you are crazy. Magglio will stay.

Why couldn't we get a FA OFer, or why couldn't we trade for an OFer? Who's stopping us?

1-No one will take a chance on that knee. We don't know if he can play again!

So why would WE want to resign him if WE don't know if he'll ever be able to play again?

2-Arbitration. I'm sure Kenny Williams will offer Magglio something.

He'd offer him the $14 mill or so that he got this year...perhaps even $15 mill a year, much like Millwood's increase last year(went from $9 mill to $10 mill). He would almost undoubtedly turn down anything else.

3-Who will you replace Magglio with?

Any number of players could replace Magglio...you could put Rowand out in RF, and it would be an improvement defensively, and you sign Beltre to play 3B and he's an upgrade offensively from Maggs...am I wrong in saying that?

Replace him with Borchard, you will see the Sox underacheiving again yet again, next year.

So you are saying that if we put .230 20 60 .750 Joe Borchard out in RF with a rotation of Martinez-Garcia-Buehrle-Contreras-Clement and a pen of Politte, Marte, Mota, and Shingo, we would underachieve...with the BEST pitching staff in baseball, period...right?

Things can be done to make up for the lack of Maggs in the lineup.