Game Thread: 9-1-04 Sox vs. A's

POPPY_HIDALGO

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation grilli is in now was inevitable.  it was bound to happen once during the game,  though it seems he's on pace to do it every inning....i have hope they get out of this inning :pray

Meh....spoke to soon. Don't care though. They lost the game before it started with someone else pitching besides Garcia, Contreras, or Buehrle.

Something little, but it really didnt look like Grilli waited for PK to run of the field. Usually after a run saving play like that, the pitcher waits for that player. That kinda bugs me when they dont wait.

That was one thing about Estey that I really liked, he always did that, and when ever there was an HR for the Sox, he was the first one of the staris giving Hi-Fives.

yeah...the sox lost a great person in Loaiza, but they gained a great player in contreras...something loaiza lost this year....do to injury, or last season was a fluke.

WE have to have the 12th or 13th best record in the league since the all-star break.

this team is flat-out dreadful, almost unwatchable.

it's time to officially tank and go for the best draft choices.

And i thought this half of the season was supposed to be easier. It's actually been harder for them. :huh

This is why I think Cooper could be the problem. Grilli isnt even looking that bad, its ALWAYS the first Two innings where we get killed, like there not being prepared right or something.

You could be on to something with Cooper. I think Ozzie needs to get one of his own guys and see what they do....someone who(Burke w/ another hit) knows how to handle the pitchers and help Ozzie out. It seems like Cooper isn't helping Ozzie out, I don't know what it can be, but Cooper might be a place to start.

And what about Walker...the Sox hitting hasn't been all that special lately...when one person is on others are off. The Sox rarely have everyone clicking at the same time.

The Pitching coach, and the Hitting coach may be the problem....MAY BE. :huh