Who do you want?

knightni

I know it's unlikely to happen but...  

90 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's unlikely to happen but...

• Jon Garland
    • Alfonso Soriano

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koskie's obp this year is .343  which is a bad year for him. His career obp is .373 better than any player on the white sox that is not named frank thomas.

I'm with you, qwerty. I think Koskie would be a great addition - especially since he is coming off a down year. He adds a few things:

(1) OBP from a left-handed hitter

(2) 20+ HR power from a left-handed hitter

(3) Production from the 3B hole.

(4) He's a gamer.

I think Koskie would have some good seasons in US Cellular. He's hit well there in his career (of course, that's off of Sox pitching). Let's face it, the Cell is a bandbox and Koskie would thrive here.

And, I'm always in favor of subtracting from the Twins. They would replace Koskie with Cuddyer, who hasn't ever shown that he can produce like he did in AAA.

Give me Radke and Koskie and we'll be 8 games better in the standings while the Twinkies fall 8 games worse. And they probably can be had for a total of $15 million. I think that's doable (especially if they can ship off Crede/Everett).

And as far as they go for being players who play the game right??? if being an almost lifetime 500 pitcher with an ERA over 4 counts as playing the game right, then we have some serious issues if we think thats the way to throw.  Especially when everyone has been complaining about Garland, who is shaping up to have about the same career path.  And koskie's 249 avg looks alot like most of the players we have already, including his OBP.  If you can tell me how this improves our team while killing our payroll, please enlighten me :fthecubs

Maybe I'm being picky, but why flash the 'f*** the cubs' sign in every one of your posts, even when your post has absolutely nothing to do with the Cubs?

:huh:

Nor have i but there is no reason for them not to.

I haven't seen anything that indicated that the TV deal would create an immediate revenue stream. It's a start-up operation that will probably take awhile to become profitable. This isn't a case that the Sox are selling the broadcast rights to the games. They are part owners of this endeavor.

People keep assuming that because of this TV deal that Sox will be able to increase payroll by 10 to 15 million dollars, yet I have not seen the first snippet of information in the media that indicates this will happen or that it will be a financial windfall to the Sox.

There seems to be an epidemic of people inhaling noxious fumes around here lately.

I haven't seen anything that indicated that the TV deal would create an immediate revenue stream.  It's a start-up operation that will probably take awhile to become profitable.  This isn't a case that the Sox are selling the broadcast rights to the games.  They are part owners of this endeavor. 

People keep assuming that because of this TV deal that Sox will be able to increase payroll by 10 to 15 million dollars, yet I have not seen the first snippet of information in the media that indicates this will happen or that it will be a financial windfall to the Sox.

There seems to be an epidemic of people inhaling noxious fumes around here lately.

I think of it like this. If you had an extra 10-20 million to spend would you brag about it? No because it would only hurt your barginning positions, because everyone would know you had more money, and would try to get at it. It's just like showing your hand in poker.

I think of it like this.  If you had an extra 10-20 million to spend would you brag about it?  No because it would only hurt your barginning positions, because everyone would know you had more money, and would try to get at it.  It's just like showing your hand in poker.

That still doesn't mean that we can assume that there is a bunch of money coming in from this deal.