Question about DirecTV

clujer420

I'm considering signing up for the MLB package offered by DirecTV for the 2003 season. It's around $150, which is nothing, but what I'm wondering is this...how many Sox games are aired? They promote it as "up to 35 out-of-market games a week", which amounts to an average of 5 per day.

Someone here must know.

Any info is much appreciated.

Well, since ya live in California, I'd say you get almost every game minus the blackout ones. Basically you'll get every game except ones on WCIU and on Wednesdays. If its Wednesday you have to hope somehow its on WGN or another station that you get or that its on ESPN.

You may get some WCIU games depending on whether they will carry it from the other teams broadcast.

I'd think the schedule would be out already, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well here it is jas.. all wednesday games this year except for september 24th are on fsn.... the 24th is on wgn....... we only have 1 game on espn this year and its on a sunday may 4th , 26 games on wgn total.... most on saturday.....3 on fox saturday ...........24 on wciu mostly on tuesdays or thursdays and a few fridays tossed in there...............all the rest are on fsn... so if you get fsn chicago then its well worth it...... otherwise i wouldnt bother...........

Ya, if you have the package then you get all the games on Fox Sports Chicago Pretty Much. I'd assume you get something like 120 games or a bit more, give or take.

Typically you don't have to worry about Saturdays blackout, excpet maybe once. I forget, the blackout may be Sunday, but its very rare for it to effect you. Also, doesn't ESPN add some games during the season as well?

I have had it for the past couple years. Well worth it to get an extra 100 games, easily.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ya, if you have the package then you get all the games on Fox Sports Chicago Pretty Much.  I'd assume you get something like 120 games or a bit more, give or take. 

Typically you don't have to worry about Saturdays blackout, excpet maybe once.  I forget, the blackout may be Sunday, but its very rare for it to effect you.  Also, doesn't ESPN add some games during the season as well?

I have had it for the past couple years.  Well worth it to get an extra 100 games, easily.

quite honestly jas i dont know.. never had to worry about it.. i get all the games.......lol.........live and in person or not...............now if i make a move in the future i may have to invest in the dish..........or switch teams all together........lol.....

Ok, Clujer I did some research. These numbers aren't official, but I'd say they can be pretty accurate. The first total is the number that are eligible to be televised while the 2nd total is the number that are eligible, not including the WCIU games, some of which you'll likely pick up on another carrier (For Example if they are playing Cleveland on Fox Sports Chicago). I added two games one month because you will be able to see all Angel games, considering your in the LA/Orange County Region. If your not in that area, then you should whipe out 2 total from each side during the month of August.

April - 21 - 18 - 26 Total in the Month

May - 24 - 19 - 28 Total in the Month

June - 24 - 19 - 28 Total in the Month

July - 21 - 18 - 25 Total in the Month

August - 27 - 24 - 29 Total in the Month

September - 22 - 18 - 25 Total in the Month

Grand Total - 139 - 116 - 162

Remember, in September the Sox have two games that are subject to be blacked out against the Twins and those games could very likely be on ESPN, and I mean VERY Likely.

In general, I'd say you'll see a total closer to 139, which is roughly 86% of the games, so I'd say thats way better then just counting on the couple games you get on WGN, but thats my humble opinion.

I'm considering signing up for the MLB package offered by DirecTV for the 2003 season.  It's around $150, which is nothing, but what I'm wondering is this...how many Sox games are aired?  They promote it as "up to 35 out-of-market games a week", which amounts to an average of 5 per day.

Someone here must know.

I have had this package for several years in a row. My memory tells me that youll get to see about 120 sox games. To me, the best thing about the package is getting to see all the OTHER teams on a regular basis. Heaven for a true baseball fan.

I'm considering signing up for the MLB package offered by DirecTV for the 2003 season.  It's around $150, which is nothing, but what I'm wondering is this...how many Sox games are aired?  They promote it as "up to 35 out-of-market games a week", which amounts to an average of 5 per day.

Someone here must know.

I have had this package for several years in a row. My memory tells me that youll get to see about 120 sox games. To me, the best thing about the package is getting to see all the OTHER teams on a regular basis. Heaven for a true baseball fan.

Ya, I love watching the good pitching matchups and stuff. If Pedro is facing Zito or Pedro vs Schilling stuff like that.

I'm considering signing up for the MLB package offered by DirecTV for the 2003 season.  It's around $150, which is nothing, but what I'm wondering is this...how many Sox games are aired?  They promote it as "up to 35 out-of-market games a week", which amounts to an average of 5 per day.

Someone here must know.

Ya, I love watching the good pitching matchups and stuff. If Pedro is facing Zito or Pedro vs Schilling stuff like that.

I am a fantasy baseball freak, so there is always some interest in every game, for me.

In general, I'd say you'll see a total closer to 139, which is roughly 86% of the games, so I'd say thats way better then just counting on the couple games you get on WGN, but thats my humble opinion.

:o where do I sign?

:D

Heh, I was also considering getting this package... But after reading this thread and the though of seeing close to 140 games... i have just ordered it thru time warner...

Got a copy of ASB2004 for ps2 with it :)

pretty good for 120 bucks...

Guest hotsoxchick1

Heh, I was also considering getting this package... But after reading this thread and the though of seeing close to 140 games... i have just ordered it thru time warner...

sounds like you got a deal huh..........good for you........ :headbang

sounds like you got a deal huh..........good for you........ :headbang

Yeap :)

Apparntly they are giving a copu of ASB2004 with every order of the extra innings package before april 1st.... The way i see it is i would have prolly bought the game anywaz... if i dont like it ebay it for 20-25 bucks.. :)