Baseball Cancells the Opening Day Series In Japan

Chisoxfn

Guest hotsoxchick1

well that i have to kinda think they made the right decision.. we cant control what goes on over there.... we can better get a handle on what happens over here though.....maybe they should have just held it here huh.........

I know it doesn't say it in the article but I thought I heard that they were still going to play the games but the were going to do it in Oakland since the games were going to count as home games for them anyway.

And by the way, did any one see this weird quote in the article:

"It can't be helped," Moriyoshi Kaneko, a fishmonger in Tokyo. "I guess the threat of terrorism is frightening."

It that an actual profession? :huh:

I know it doesn't say it in the article but I thought I heard that they were still going to play the games but the were going to do it in Oakland since the games were going to count as home games for them anyway.

One of the games is made up on like April 3rd and the other a couple months later or something like that.

It now means the Angels vs Texas (I think its Texas) is going to be the first game of the season.

And by the way, did any one see this weird quote in the article:

"It can't be helped," Moriyoshi Kaneko, a fishmonger in Tokyo. "I guess the threat of terrorism is frightening."

It that an actual profession? :huh:

fishmonger...would that be like those guys in seattle that throw fish all day long??? :huh:

In no way was this a bad decision. How would you like to be over the Pacific ocean when a war breaks out and you know you're going to land in a foriegn country, possible with your wife and kids along. Another reason that this was a good decision by MLB (How many times do you see "good decsion by MLB" in a sentence? :D ) is because of that rare and fatal strain of pnuemonia that has cropped up on the Asia side of the Pacific Rim. I'd hate to lose half of the AL due to this very contagious disease.

In no way was this a bad decision.  How would you like to be over the Pacific ocean when a war breaks out and you know you're going to land in a foriegn country, possible with your wife and kids along.  Another reason that this was a good decision by MLB (How many times do you see "good decsion by MLB" in a sentence?  :D ) is because of that rare and fatal strain of pnuemonia that has cropped up on the Asia side of the Pacific Rim.  I'd to lose have of the AL due to this very contagious disease.

bud got this one right..well as the old saying goes , even a broken clock is right twice a day

In no way was this a bad decision.  How would you like to be over the Pacific ocean when a war breaks out and you know you're going to land in a foriegn country, possible with your wife and kids along.  Another reason that this was a good decision by MLB (How many times do you see "good decsion by MLB" in a sentence?  :D ) is because of that rare and fatal strain of pnuemonia that has cropped up on the Asia side of the Pacific Rim.  I'd to lose have of the AL due to this very contagious disease.

bud got this one right..well as the old saying goes , even a broken clock is right twice a day

LMAO.... good point!

Bad decision they had all security worked out, Iraq gets what they wants again. MLB needs to know there is more going on in the world to care, about OAK and Sea 2 game series.

with that mysterious Asian flu like thing going on, which has not yet been identified, that was reason enough to cacel, especially when security concerns are present.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I guess it is a real thing.  I looked it up.

Fishmongers used to be pimps (or, something like them), in the Olde days.

According to the dictionary a fishmonger is just a person who sells fish.

You must be thinking of an assmonger.

:D :lol: omfg.. lmao...... :D :lol: :D :lol: