Next year with Everett

fathom

Your response shows that Uribe and Harris are inconsistent, but that wasn't the point -- it was about their performance compared to Borchard's. I haven't seen one scintilla of evidence that Borchard can play as well as Uribe or Harris for any length of time longer than a single at-bat. And I didn't say that they should make them starters -- sure, let them compete, I just don't have (personally) much doubt about who would win if they were competing with Borchard.

Um.............what the hell are you arguing about if you agree with me about Borchard.? That's not making any sense. If you saw my original post I posted that I would like to see Rowand play right, Harris play Center, sign Visquel at Shortstop, and Uribe play Second. I later said I forgot about Borchard in the next post. That doesn't mean he'll be starting for sure, but I think there's a decent shot at him starting aslong as Ordonez and Everett don't come back next year.

Um.............what the hell are you arguing about if you agree with me about Borchard.? That's not making any sense. If you saw my original post I posted that I would like to see Rowand play right, Harris play Center, sign Visquel at Shortstop, and Uribe play Second. I later said I forgot about Borchard in the next post. That doesn't mean he'll be starting for sure, but I think there's a decent shot at him starting aslong as Ordonez and Everett don't come back next year.

I quoted a very specific part of your post, "...if Willie and Uribe can consistently play better than Borchard..." I implied that there's not much doubt...that they "can consistently play better than Borchard." You replied that there is a lot of doubt. I replied that I don't see it, but okay. That's what the hell I'm arguing about. I've looked it over, and it makes perfect sense. The question is, what the hell did you think I was arguing about?

There's a lot of doubt. This team doesn't need to see their 1 and 2 hitters in the early part of the season both bat over .320, then 2 months later see them both under .270. That's just horrendous. I think Borchard will be a good player sometime, not right now though. But it's not like they're just going to give the positions to Harris and Uribe.

Just outta curiosity..... when is Borchard gonna be a good player? Because honestly... I think this is his "time" and he has been exposed for the AAAA baller that he appears to be. I love the kid, but I just dont think you can keep saying "he's gonna be good at sometime" because that starts to become a tired excuse for what is now a 25-year-old... .157 hitter whose long swing causes him strikes out at a very alarming rate.

Sorry Joe, but I just dont see it.

Time to look elsewhere for an answer.

Just outta curiosity..... when is Borchard gonna be a good player? Because honestly... I think this is his "time" and he has been exposed for the AAAA baller that he appears to be. I love the kid, but I just dont think you can keep saying "he's gonna be good at sometime" because that starts to become a tired excuse for what is now a 25-year-old... .157 hitter whose long swing causes him strikes out at a very alarming rate.

Sorry Joe, but I just dont see it.

Time to look elsewhere for an answer.

On the subject of JoBo...I thought this was kind of interesting.

Justin Morneau for the Twins in 106 ABs last year hit about .225 with 4 homers, 16 RBIs, a K-BB ratio of 3, and an OPS of around .600. This year, he's killing the ball...hitting .260 17 47 with a K-BB ratio of less then 2, and an OPS near .900.

Not saying Borchard will do that at all...Morneau in those 106 ABs last year actually hit above .200, and that was Morneau's first experience ever in the majors, while Borch first came up in 2002. However, I do see a lot of similarities in their numbers, and I wouldn't rule out Borchard improving next year.

He looks like s*** right now...but he won't be a .150 hitter forever.

On the subject of JoBo...I thought this was kind of interesting.

Justin Morneau for the Twins in 106 ABs last year hit about .225 with 4 homers, 16 RBIs, a K-BB ratio of 3, and an OPS of around .600. This year, he's killing the ball...hitting .260 17 47 with a K-BB ratio of less then 2, and an OPS near .900.

Not saying Borchard will do that at all...Morneau in those 106 ABs last year actually hit above .200, and that was Morneau's first experience ever in the majors, while Borch first came up in 2002.  However, I do see a lot of similarities in their numbers, and I wouldn't rule out Borchard improving next year.

He looks like s*** right now...but he won't be a .150 hitter forever.

He'll start the year back in Charlotte for sure next season. He really needs a good start though, but I wouldn't be suprised if he's included in a trade deal to some team like Colorado, where his power numbers would increase.

He'll start the year back in Charlotte for sure next season. He really needs a good start though, but I wouldn't be suprised if he's included in a trade deal to some team like Colorado, where his power numbers would increase.

I was wondering about this -- what are the details of waivers when a player has been in the ML for parts of 3 seasons, between that 3rd season and the next? Can we send Joe down to AAA freely, then call him up, and only run into a problem if we want to send him down again?

I thought one of the issues affecting the Ginter trade was that Ginter was out of options, so he'd have to pass through waivers -- and that was in st. So presumably Joe wouldn't be w/ the team in st if he started in Charlotte.

Another thread loses its way... :unsure: