Presidents and Re-Election

Texsox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all well and good, but then what happens, seeing as they have all the power.

We just have to look past statements like he voted against this expense and find out what else was on the bill or why. I remember Dole getting slammed for voting against some military project, it turned out he wanted to fund it at a higher level and he and several other people voted against the version that left committee, hoping to get more money.

By the way the bullet proof vests are a prime example. The Democrates wanted to actually pay for the vests, instead of borrowing money. They wanted to reduce the tax cuts to pay for the vests. What an amazing concept, trying to balance the budget instead of going further into debt.

Once the GOP embraced debt as a campaign tool, they lost their cornerstone.

So if you want to criticize the Dems and Kerry about vests, at least have all the facts.

The Dems offered a bill that would have supplied the same number of vests, only they would have been paid for with cuts in the tax cuts. Bush felt a deficit was necessary to keep the economy from slumping.

I believe Bush deserves kudos for his handling of the post 9/11 economy and would not argue if you said Bush's plan was better than the Dem plan to provide bullet proof vests, but to say that the Dems and Kerry voted against the vests is wrong and misleading.

So Tex in your opinion is Kerry really the flip flopper that everyone is saying he is?

No, and I don't have a problem with changing your views over the years. However, that is perhaps the greatest political strategy ever unleashed. They will be studying the flip flop label to our great grandchildren. It was brilliant.

I think Bush has done an excellent job with our economy. I disagree with the huge deficits, I think we could have stopped a major recession and not saddled ourselves with another trillion in debt. I also approved of his initiative to fund faith based public service projects.

Like IU said debate whether or not cutting the tax cut to pay for the war was a good idea, but don't slander the Dems who voted against how we were to pay for the vests, not the vests themselves.

Im just screwin around I understand the guy got a tan.

I know. Although that was a pretty swift transformation.

What ever happened to the Botox allegations? That kind of got blown off the radar when the Swift Boat story broke.

He wouldn't be the first candidate to alter his regular grooming to look younger.

Althought one of my favorite quotes is Reagan's

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."