Crede

GoodAsGould

If the Sox pitch Schoenstiff before the end of the season, then this means bad things for the Sox.  The remainder of this season is like early Spring Training.  They are pitching guys they want a look at for next season.  The only reason to pitch Schoney is if you are considering having him on the roster next year.  Paying him more than $1 million (again!) to suck would be another bad move by the Sox.

When Scott was healthy, he didn't "suck". As the roster stands, he should be in the competition for the %th starter spot. If we sign another starter, let him, Garland, Diaz and Grilli battle it out.

When Scott was healthy, he didn't "suck".  As the roster stands, he should be in the competition for the %th starter spot.  If we sign another starter, let him, Garland, Diaz and Grilli battle it out.

He does not have the arm strength i feel to be a starter. If he does start nothing more than 5 innings per outing. I still do not want him starting here.

I thought SS had an option for 2005, similar to what Loiaza had this year [not the cash, but terms-somethign around $3 mill for '05]. If he's non-tendered then the sox wouldn't be able to sign him for much of the offseason correct?

I do agree. SS pitched well early in the year. He dropped off pretty dramatically [pitching while hurt?] If it was all injury related, and SS is healthy w/ no long term affects to his arm, I could see him in a battle for the 5th spot, with Grilli, Diaz if the sox land a top SP.

If the Sox keep SS around, Garland would probably be traded. [only after a top SP is added, though]

Crede's problem at the plate comes from a lack of confidence, which is all mental. He needs to approach his at bats with a 'one pitch at a time' attitude. If he swings at a bad pitch, so what, strike one, move on to the next one and don't dwell on it. If you read his body language, it says it all. He'll take a bad swing and then drop his head, frown, mope around the plate, drag his bat, then steps back in the box. In many at bats, he's defeated after the 1st pitch.

I thought SS had an option for 2005, similar to what Loiaza had this year [not the cash, but terms-somethign around $3 mill for '05]. If he's non-tendered then the sox wouldn't be able to sign him for much of the offseason correct?

This is his contract.

-Scott Schoenweis-1-Year-1.725M-+ poss. $275,000 in bonuses based on starts: $25,000 for 10 starts and $50,000 each for 15, 18, 22, 24 and 26.

I'll be surprised if Beltre ever duplicates this season again.  My best guess is he signs a big fat contract and then goes back to being very human.

I believe that's exactly what will happen. Though he'll be better than he has been prior to this year. He won't be MVP quality.

I'll be surprised if Beltre ever duplicates this season again.  My best guess is he signs a big fat contract and then goes back to being very human.

I have been saying that ever since he went on his torred pace of his. It happens so many times and he just seems to be a perfect canidate for it to happen to.