Soxnet

LDF

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it be that WSI feels threatened by some of the defections and cross-overs? I mean, for a site that is claiming "superiority" over SoxNet and it's posters, don't you think it is just a little weird that WSI is suddenly creating an anti-SoxNet thread after Bmr left WSI yesterday? Could they be harboring resentment at the fact that it was the red-headed stepchild that broke the news of the Koch-Foulke trade days before it actually happened? I remember a WSI thread devoted specifically to chastizing SoxNet for starting this "rumor" but don't recall seeing a later thread with at least ONE poster retracting their comments. And for anyone coming over here from WSI to see what some of us have to say about your "SoxNet" thread..... we don't have a problem here with WSI. We do have a problem with some of the mods and their pettiness. We do have a problem with mods claiming original ideas were their own ideas. And we do have a problem with posters who aren't "man enough" to apologize when they know they made a mistake. Having said that, the posters here that do post in Pale Hose Talk are more objective, a hallmark of a true baseball fan. The posters here that post in Pale Hose Talk are just as knowledgeable about the minor leagues, contract terms..... not only of White Sox players, but of players on other MLB teams as well....., and CBA Rules and Regs. In closing, if WSI feels the need to bully the smaller board because of "penis envy"..... fine. I'll take the smaller board with fewer but more dedicated and knowledgeable Sox fans over the the Sox fans that advertise their "utter pettiness and complete unobjectivity." Not to mention, SoxNet knows who their best and most loyal posters are.

Can it be that WSI feels threatened by some of the defections and cross-overs? I mean, for a site that is claiming "superiority" over SoxNet and it's posters, don't you think it is just a little weird that WSI is suddenly creating an anti-SoxNet thread after Bmr left WSI yesterday? Could they be harboring resentment at the fact that it was the red-headed stepchild that broke the news of the Koch-Foulke trade days before it actually happened? I remember a WSI thread devoted specifically to chastizing SoxNet for starting this "rumor" but don't recall seeing a later thread with at least ONE poster retracting their comments. And for anyone coming over here from WSI to see what some of us have to say about your "SoxNet" thread..... we don't have a problem here with WSI. We do have a problem with some of the mods and their pettiness. We do  have a problem with mods claiming original ideas were their own ideas. And we do  have a problem with posters who aren't "man enough" to apologize when they know they made a mistake. Having said that, the posters here that do post in Pale Hose Talk are more objective, a hallmark of a true baseball fan. The posters here that post in Pale Hose Talk are just as knowledgeable about the minor leagues, contract terms..... not only of White Sox players, but of players on other MLB teams as well....., and CBA Rules and Regs. In closing, if WSI feels the need to bully the smaller board because of "penis envy"..... fine. I'll take the smaller board with fewer but more dedicated and knowledgeable Sox fans over the the Sox fans that advertise their "utter pettiness and complete unobjectivity." Not to mention, SoxNet knows who their best and most loyal posters are.

CK, yet another thing that I agree with you on.

f*** the WSI reich of mods.

There sure are some big fans of Soxheads over there.

Yeah, he's huge there. :D

Yeah, you should've seen the saddened masses when I left. :D

when did you become a mod?

in ref to knowing more in ref to minor, i will go give way to vic's knowledge but randar is on par with some of the poeple on this board.

more knowledgeable posters. no way. and ref to actual post or quality no way. we have a quick turn around on threads.

some of the poster that i have miss is not that big of a prob. you had some of the biggest poster come over in a short period. you know what is funny, i am still in the top 13 and they still can't touch jm.

There sure are some big fans of Soxheads over there.

Yeah, he's huge there. :D

Yeah, you should've seen the saddened masses when I left. :D

when did you become a mod?

in ref to knowing more in ref to minor, i will go give way to vic's knowledge but randar is on par with some of the poeple on this board.

more knowledgeable posters. no way. and ref to actual post or quality no way. we have a quick turn around on threads.

some of the poster that i have miss is not that big of a prob. you had some of the biggest poster come over in a short period. you know what is funny, i am still in the top 13 and they still can't touch jm.

A while back so I could do the calendar. I don't really do anything besides that.

Ya, Alex does some of the programming to help us out.  He built the calendar thing you see  on the message board with all the dates and stuff on it.

I didn't build it, just put all the stuff in. I do have that palm schedule for the sox. What should I do with that Jason? Maybe just give people my email and I can send it to them if they want it? Or maybe they can jsut drop me a PM?

r u ever going to make a link that goes to the mother page?

I think some stuff will be different when the move is made. Maybe there will be a link on there.

what move, i was gone for about 3 weeks

http://soxnet.net/PRESS_RELEASE-3.12.03.html

WOW.

what were the thoughts on this? i am stoke for the mod here.. what was the resp of the other posters?

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=2279

don't you think it is just a little weird that WSI is suddenly creating an anti-SoxNet thread after Bmr left WSI yesterday?

I wouldn't say the thread was "suddenly created" because bmr got the boot. The thread was started on 2-25-03 & had no new replies since then, until Heads yesterday. :rolleyes:

don't you think it is just a little weird that WSI is suddenly creating an anti-SoxNet thread after Bmr left WSI yesterday?

I wouldn't say the thread was "suddenly created" because bmr got the boot. The thread was started on 2-25-03 & had no new replies since then, until Heads yesterday. :rolleyes:

either way, we never went after wsi only the mod's. i have huge respect for most of the posters there. this was never our board is better than yours. all it was some very harsh word directed at the mod's. which i am guilty about and will still do the same. that night was bs and yet was great b/c i would never have found out about this place nor would i have left.