5. O'Connell Center (Florida)

6. Rupp Arena (Kentucky)

7. Gallagher IBA (Oklahoma St.)

8. Dean Smith Center (UNC)

9. Comcast Center (Maryland)

10. Breslin Center (Michigan St.)

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Anywhere in the big 10.

They dominated in attendence gain this year, taking the 28th straight attendence title with 6 teams in the top 25 in attendence when no other conference had more than 4 in there.

The Big 10 does have great home court advantages but the attendance is more due to larger arenas than anything else.

The Big 10 does have great home court advantages but the attendance is more due to larger arenas than anything else.

That is my point. That means they have the biggest arenas, which means the most people, which means the bigger crowd factor, which means the tougher arena.

This is also part of the reason Wisconsin and Illinois are the 2 best teams at home in the nation.

That is my point. That means they have the biggest arenas, which means the most people, which means the bigger crowd factor, which means the tougher arena.

This is also part of the reason Wisconsin and Illinois are the 2 best teams at home in the nation.

Large crowds due not equal loud or good crowds. See Michigan football fans in the Big House. Quietest 100,000+ people ever.

I know Mackey Arena can be a tough place...... I am not sure I have heard a louder atmosphere than when I saw Iowa and Purdue play there many years ago (while most of you were in diapers lol).

I have never been to IU's Assembly Hall, but I have heard it is a pretty tame atmosphere compared to many of the others.

Roberts Stadium in Evansville used to be a very tough place to play, but it has been a long time since that has been the case.

I have only been to a half dozen other arenas personally. Alabama plays very well at Coleman Colesium, but that is not a great atmopshere for a college game. It is a very old arena with a lot of bad seats, including many empty ones until the SEC season starts. It is a good atmosphere when Mississippi State, Florida, LSU, etc. come to town, but can be dead early in the year. The Wisconsin game last year was like a ghost town, which is probably the reason the Badgers played like they were dead!

I know Mackey can be a tough place...... I am not sure I have heard a louder atmosphere than when I saw Iowa and Purdue play there many years ago (while most of you were in diapers lol).

Mackey is a tough place to play but when you let well over 1,000 Illinois fans invade your place I would say you lose a bit of the home court advantage.

surprisingly they haven't been as strong in the dome as they used to be but still a tough place to play; back in the day the palestra was a tough place to play

Ummm... Syracuse plays in the Carrier Dome, I don't think they ever played in the Palestra. I believe the Palestra was Penn's home court and the location of the the Big 5 basketball tourney (La Salle, Penn, Temple, St. Joes, and Villanova).

Yeah you won't find a more dangerous place than a MD-Duke game, I think it was Carlos Boozer's mom that got hit in the head with a bottle during a game. Good shot whoever it was lol, j/k thats a little over the line. If it was Boozer, that would be a totally different scenario.

Just because they have good talent does not mean they have a good home court.

For instance UCONN has two home courts, one is small and their fans hate it, and the other is far from campus.

Here is my list and the reasoning.

Phog Allen Fieldhouse---- Not the loudest, but close. Players say that the history of the place intimidates them. From the "beware of the phog" sign, to the sun shining in their face during day games.

Gallagher-IBA----IN my opinion the loudest and craziest arena to play in. I have been there and they do a great job.

Oregon--- Have you seen those f***in rims shake when the opponents shoot free throws.

Duke----- I hate those tools, but its small and tough to win.

Gonzaga---- Very small and they are nuts, damn jesuits.

Rupp Arena- See KU above

In my opinion large arenas are not that big of a deal for good teams. This is because, large programs play in hostile places during the tourney and get used to hte noise.

Just because they have good talent does not mean they have a good home court.

For instance UCONN has two home courts, one is small and their fans hate it, and the other is far from campus.

Here is my list and the reasoning.

Phog Allen Fieldhouse---- Not the loudest, but close.  Players say that the history of the place intimidates them.  From the "beware of the phog" sign, to the sun shining in their face during day games.

Gallagher-IBA----IN my opinion the loudest and craziest arena to play in.  I have been there and they do a great job.

Oregon--- Have you seen those f***in rims shake when the opponents shoot free throws.

Duke----- I hate those tools, but its small and tough to win.

Gonzaga----  Very small and they are nuts, damn jesuits.

Rupp Arena-  See KU above

In my opinion large arenas are not that big of a deal for good teams.  This is because, large programs play in hostile places during the tourney and get used to hte noise.

I know you are not an illini fan but you cannot deny the fact whitesoxfan99 gave. That would be that they have the best home winning percentage over the last 5 years. They have to be on your list even of they are not 1st.