Story on ESPN.com

Bighurt52235

Guest hotsoxchick1
They narrowed everybody down, and it got down to two teams, the Sox and Cubs.  And they picked the Cubs. A "feel good story".

the cubs..lol ......half of them are on the dl already and the other half are starting in the minors... if they come back to win anything ill dance naked in wrigleyville.......... :D

The Cubs blow....they have good pitching, but still have no offense. Chop Suey will probably hit .240, Hill will probably hit like .250, AGonz will strike out like 150 times again, Alou will visit the DL atleast once, and probably more, Patterson will probably walk only 35 times and strike out only 130 times.....and everyone expects Carlos Zambrano to break out and have a good year. That is bulls***....are they too damn lazy to look at Jon Garland's 2001 numbers or what? Garland's 2001 numbers and Zambrano's 2002 numbers are almost identical in all aspects. Garland went 12-12 4.50 with us....and they expect Zambrano to just be a stud.....wtf? And whoever their 5th starter is will blow...with the exception of Cruz, if he makes it....and I don't think he will. Alfon-six-a is going to be out until May atleast...Rod Beck is like 50 and is working on a fake arm....and then there is always SamME.

Call me when the Cubs win 90 games....I'd tell you my phone number.....but by the time the Cubs DO win 90 games....I'll probably have had it changed about 5 times just because I've moved around. Hell, even the dumbass Jeff Pearlman says they'll suck. Some guy said the Cubs will win about 95 games(an obvious sign of a kid that flunked out school and that is a dumbass Cub fan) and Pearlman said the Cubs would win 95 games when Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice Baby II" topped the charts.

Anybody heard that song yet?

The Sox are going to make it to the playoffs....and will hopefully advance. Anything can happen in baseball, and the playoffs especially. In fact....this year, I picked on who was favored to win.....and I only got two predictions right(and that was after the Division Series's were over.....because I had the A's, Yanks, Braves, and DBacks advancing....what the f*** is wrong with me?), picking the Angels....I said they'd win it all....and they did.....once the ALCS rolled around.

They narrowed everybody down, and it got down to two teams, the Sox and Cubs.  And they picked the Cubs.   A "feel good story".

the cubs..lol ......half of them are on the dl already and the other half are starting in the minors... if they come back to win anything ill dance naked in wrigleyville.......... :D

I'd pay to see that.

Guest hotsoxchick1
They narrowed everybody down, and it got down to two teams, the Sox and Cubs.  And they picked the Cubs.   A "feel good story".

I'd pay to see that.

wsf you wont have to pay...ill do it for free if the scrubs come one iota close to winning something special......... :headbang

I'd pay to see that.

wsf you wont have to pay...ill do it for free if the scrubs come one iota close to winning something special......... :headbang

Hey....I didn't say I was going to pay. I said I would pay.

I'm a cheap ass....but stuff like that is well worth the money.

Stark says that the Sox could have trouble overtaking the Twinkies, but doesn't even mention that a blind kid with no arms could direct a mraching band through the Cubs lineup. I mean, you're practically batting with three pitchers (Patterson, Gonzalez, pitcher) and Hill/Grudzilanek and Choi/Karros couldn't scare a 5 year old. That and the 'Stros and the Cards have far superior teams. But, no it feels good for the Cubs to win it! Yeah, and I s*** bricks of gold, Stark.

Cubs will only do good if someone steps up and both their rotation and bullpen are lights out.  I could see it out of the rotation, but I doubt I'll see it out of the bullpen.  Oh ya, they'll need some big time step ups offensively as well.

Is it Corey Patterson's breakout year again this year?

Oh yeah, and roman....I wouldn't pay to see that....well, not you in a thong anyways.

I'm keeping tabs on all the naked dancing and pink thong bungee jumping..... as for the Cubs being the Angels of 2003, look who sponsored this piece. ESPN. 'Nuff said.

Of course, by this year's Angels, they meant that they were going to start a stupid-ass mascot that would send three-quarters of America into hysteria(though the Rally Monkey was created a few years back), and that thundersticks would be given away for free, making Wrigley Field a landmark once again....the place that held the largest group of peoplewith the smallest combined IQ, slightly edging out the Twinkie fans in the Metrodome.

The fans in the Metrodome are slightly smarter because they're actually following a winning team.....or atleast a team that has actually had back-to-back winning seasons within the past 30 years.

Of course, by this year's Angels, they meant that they were going to start a stupid-ass mascot

They already have a stupid-ass mascot - a dirty bum with new teeth and an old grimy Cub uniform who chirps "WOO" in between every word...that jackass...

The Cubs have excellent pitching, both starting and relief, but that staff is going to get very frustrated by the inept offense and spotty defense. Bellhorn, Gonzalez, Grudzielanek, Alou, and Sosa are all nightmares defensively. That's a lot of holes - you can be bad defensively if you hit a ton. It still doesn't bode well come playoff time, but you can get away with it in the regular season. But if you don't hit, you'd BETTER be able to grab the ball.

This year's Angels? Nahhh...this year's Padres? More like it...

Of course, by this year's Angels, they meant that they were going to start a stupid-ass mascot

They already have a stupid-ass mascot - a dirty bum with new teeth and an old grimy Cub uniform who chirps "WOO" in between every word...that jackass...

I forgot about Ronnie Woo-Woo.

I forgot about Ronnie Woo-Woo.

Wickers is the only original idea the sCrUBS have ever had. How pathetic.

Sportscenter had a special with Dibble called "Contender or Pretender"

Dibbs had three contenders and two pretenders:

Pretenders:

Rangers

Reds

Contenders:

Cubs

Mets

White Sox

The funny part was there was an ESPN.com poll and they only picked one of these 5 teams as a contender..... The White Sox.

Pretenders:

Rangers

Reds

Contenders:

Cubs

Mets

White Sox

The funny part was there was an ESPN.com poll and they only picked one of these 5 teams as a contender.....  The White Sox.

Well, the question begs to be asked because frankly, I don't see it. What do all the baseball analysts see in the goddamn Cubs? So their number 3 pitcher has drawn comparisons to Jesus Christ but that is because he arrived in Chicago only to walk across the waves of Lake Michigan. Kerry Wood is more likely to have his arm fall off or walk more batters then he K's each game he goes out. Matt Clement is as hot/cold as Jon Garland. One game he looks like Cy Young. The next outing he looks like Todd Ritchie. All the analysts expect a HUGE year from Zambrano even though he has yet to pitch a full ML season. And who is their number 5? Cruz? Gimme a break. Look at their bullpen. Alfonsixa is out. Who's gonna close? Sleepy Farnsworth who has proven he can't do the job? Rod "81 MPH fastball" Beck? Cub fans better hope their winning a few games come the 6th inning if Remlinger is going to be any use to them. Then there's the line-up. Moisty Alube is going to have to bat BEFORE ShamME in the line-up if they hope to have anyone on base for God's Gift to Chicago Baseball. Who's gonna protect ShamME? Patterson? Chop Suey? AGon? Hill? Karros? IMHO, the Cubs will be lucky to finish in front of the goddamn Brewers let alone be the 2003 version of the Angels. Do the analysts really think Dusty Baker is going to have that much of an impact on this team? Dusty Baker is destined to fail just like Kimm, Baylor, and Riggleman did. Dusty won't be the same Baker after his Cub stint. On paper, this team is pathetic. How does this translate to postseason glory????? :huh:

I can't see the Cubs doing anything special this year. Hell, they lost.. what? 95 games last year? That means a 14 game improvement gets them all the way back to .500. They had Wood, Clement and for most of the year, Prior, last year and still lost all those games. Exactly where is the improvement? Remlinger? Ok, sure he'll help some. Dusty? He may, through attitude change, get them a few more wins. As long as Sosa is going to be so "me" oriented, the Cubs will never win.

Pretenders:

Rangers

Reds

Contenders:

Cubs

Mets

White Sox

The funny part was there was an ESPN.com poll and they only picked one of these 5 teams as a contender.....  The White Sox.

Well, the question begs to be asked because frankly, I don't see it. What do all the baseball analysts see in the goddamn Cubs? So their number 3 pitcher has drawn comparisons to Jesus Christ but that is because he arrived in Chicago only to walk across the waves of Lake Michigan. Kerry Wood is more likely to have his arm fall off or walk more batters then he K's each game he goes out. Matt Clement is as hot/cold as Jon Garland. One game he looks like Cy Young. The next outing he looks like Todd Ritchie. All the analysts expect a HUGE year from Zambrano even though he has yet to pitch a full ML season. And who is their number 5? Cruz? Gimme a break. Look at their bullpen. Alfonsixa is out. Who's gonna close? Sleepy Farnsworth who has proven he can't do the job? Rod "81 MPH fastball" Beck? Cub fans better hope their winning a few games come the 6th inning if Remlinger is going to be any use to them. Then there's the line-up. Moisty Alube is going to have to bat BEFORE ShamME in the line-up if they hope to have anyone on base for God's Gift to Chicago Baseball. Who's gonna protect ShamME? Patterson? Chop Suey? AGon? Hill? Karros? IMHO, the Cubs will be lucky to finish in front of the goddamn Brewers let alone be the 2003 version of the Angels. Do the analysts really think Dusty Baker is going to have that much of an impact on this team? Dusty Baker is destined to fail just like Kimm, Baylor, and Riggleman did. Dusty won't be the same Baker after his Cub stint. On paper, this team is pathetic. How does this translate to postseason glory????? :huh:

Great analysis killa....I loved it and was actually laughing at parts because it truly is pathetic.

Also...if you take a look at Garland's 2001 season and Zambrano's 2002 season....you'll see a s***load of things that are almost exactly identical.

I'd pay to see that.

HSC.. Me and my tattoo & pierced body will join you. ;)

I'd pay to see that.

HSC.. Me and my tattoo & pierced body will join you. ;)

Ill supervise the get-together! :lol:

I can't see the Cubs doing anything special this year.  Hell, they lost.. what?  95 games last year?  That means a 14 game improvement gets them all the way back to .500.  They had Wood, Clement and for most of the year, Prior, last year and still lost all those games.  Exactly where is the improvement?  Remlinger? Ok, sure he'll help some.  Dusty?  He may, through attitude change, get them a few more wins.  As long as Sosa is going to be so "me" oriented, the Cubs will never win.

Speaking of the "attitude change" thing.. is Baker still standing behind resting Sosa "once in a while?". I can not wait until that happens. Hide all the rum bottles! :o